WOOHOO it's Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOOHOO it's Friday

It's Friday just in case you didn't know, haha. I will be glad that this week will soon be behind me.

I set out yesterday at lunch to get some groceries. On my way home, it starts to rain. I put up the windows but leave mine down about 2 inches. Later I need to put it up some more, nothing happens. UH OH!! And then the radio quits too. I am pushing buttons, nothing happens. I am afraid to stop anywhere in case I can't get going again. I stop at a garage (I know the owner) and he figures a wire is either broken or shorted out. As for the radio, he is stumped. Everything else seems to work ok. Get back to the post office and I need to cover the window for the rain, it isn't raining hard but just the same. I get that done. Of course I did the same thing when I got home in case of rain. Hubby asked me not to take the Escape as I have to travel on a dirt road. So I will take the van again today but I think we may have to put the old van down as much as it pains me. We shall see what hubby says. And I just put gas in the sucker too. GEEZ!! I guess it will be okay to putter around in.

I didn't do much last night, I was sweating bullets and I was tired.

I am not feeling that cross stitch very much. Will see what today brings. I did get to vacuum but then IT stopped on me too. I think it was just over heated, I let it cool and then it worked fine after that.

Hubby should be home by the time I get home. Tomorrow I am going back to the fabric store to get my refund. How knows what will the day will bring after that. Have a wonderful day my friends. Stay safe, stay cool and stay healthy.

Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Good morning!

Oh my, Monique such an adventure.......and not the good kind. Thankful you got home safe. Hope your weather cools off and you find a solution to your van...😢

Well I had a busy day yesterday ......cleaned house and trimmed and cut the lawn. As dry as it is, I have no idea why it’s growing.
    i did clean up the back of the new quilt....today I’ll start basting it. I really like this one......well I pretty much like all I make, but this one makes me smile. So I’m eager to start it. I still have part of 1 border to hand quilt on this current one, and bind it. But I like having the next one at the ready.

No owls sightings yet. I wonder if they’ve move on. I liked having them around......we’ve got plenty of mice and small critters for them to partake of 😀. Bit if they have, it sure was neat seeing them.

Prayers for so many here. Love and hugs for all 💕
    💫 Star lover

Comment

Good morning everyone,

Monique, I guess you got the Escape just in time! I hope your van will still work for short trips, etc.

I'm just doing a quick check in this morning....have to hit the shower soon and get on the road to pick up my friend for the quilt shop road trip. We'll spend
      tonight at the cabin. It's going to be hot...I hope she won't mind the heat. No central air at the cabin, but a couple of stand alone units. I'm excited to see what kind of treasures we find at the shops.

We had another beautiful day yesterday. I picked more beans from the garden. We had fresh green beans, and lettuce salad with garden tomatoes and cucumbers along with our grilled burgers. Time to get moving. Have a peaceful day everyone. Jeanne

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
        SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
        Editing a comment
        Have a great trip. What is more fun than a quilt store road trip with a girlfriend? A night at a cottage. Enjoy.

Good morning. It has cooled down a bit here. I have turned off the a/c and opened the windows. Myrtle, our cat, is very happy about that.

We had a nice visit with Max and Lily yesterday afternoon. Vicky brought them over to give hubby a Father's Day gift that finally arrived. Then Max helped him harvest onions. Lily helped a little too.

Then later on Zeke called and we talked about lots of things.......rockets, the moon, the aing Hallelujah (he is sure it is in a movie with The Grinch) and toilet paper. He also took the phone over to where little sis Aviendha was so we could talk to her too. Grands sure do brighten the day.

Not sure what is on the agenda for today. Whatever is on your to do list I hope it goes well. Those on the possible path of Hurricane Isaias, keep an eye on the forecast. Happy Friday. Be well. Stay safe.
      Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Good Morning, Monique, it looks like the Escape came along at the right time. Hopefully they can fix your window issue.

Today I hope to give the kitchen a good cleaning. There is plenty of laundry to fill in the gaps if I get bored. I don’t see any time in the sewing room today.

The table topper below was made from machine embroidered Sashiko blocks on Asian prints. The design is from Sweet Pea. It was so much fun to make as a gift for a special friend. I have several extra blocks tucked away for future inspiration.

Wishing everyone a blessed day. Hugs....

Attached Files
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Rhonda K
          Rhonda K commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautiful fabrics in the table topper. Love the SP designs and stitching their projects.

• Paisley
          Paisley commented
          Editing a comment
          This is a lovely table topper. I was given a bundle of Asian prints and haven’t known what to do with them until now, so thank you for sharing this.

• geegeequilts
          geegeequilts commented
          Editing a comment
          Love the Asian prints. Beautiful colors! Gina

Good morning!

Today will be a around 80 and sunny. Perfect weather for my friend's socially distanced, outdoor, farewell party at our work site. The boss ordered lunch from Zoup. We're not allowed to have buffets, everyone had to let her know what they wanted and our food will be individually bagged. I just hope the guest list didn't get expanded. She had it at 10 people originally.

I made a 3D mask last night. It turned out exactly like it should...it is also too big. Hmm. I will try to make a smaller one.

I did not hear from Mom's hospice nurse yesterday. I'm a little surprised. It has been about two weeks, I'm pretty sure Mom was due for a visit this week. She will probably call me in the middle of my friend's farewell party. The social worker never called me back, either. We were playing phone tag.

Time for tea and breakfast. I already watched Jenny's tutorial. I liked the quilt but not enough to buy another template.

Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
          SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
          Editing a comment
          I use my Jaybrid Quilt templates for all these shapes.

cold water heater broke yesterday. One thing after another. Things break. DH called a plumber and maybe he can replace in a few days. He had a work order to do it 6 months ago so apparently the owner knew it was bad. Some people are just not forthcoming when they sell a house. First the a/c compressor, the wall oven and now this. The dishwasher was the thing that looked obvious for replacing but it is still working...I guess most of the things that make a house work are going to need replacing. The structure is good though.
        Isaias is heading our way. 40-60 mph winds and 2-3 ft water rise on Monday according to the news. We will practice seeing how prepared we will need to be for a big one I guess.
        Took the new kayak out yesterday and it was wonderful not being trapped in the sit in kind. This is a sit on kind. DH took it and went fishing. He caught us a nice fish for dinner. That was a bonus.
        We also got an aluminum row boat but it has a very small leak that he is fixing with some epoxy . That will be fun to go out a ways together. I guess I have some romantic notions of row boats from the movies.
        Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
        Terry

Comment

Originally posted by Monique View Post
          It's Friday just in case you didn't know, haha. I will be glad that this week will soon be behind me.

I set out yesterday at lunch to get some groceries. On my way home, it starts to rain. I put up the windows but leave mine down about 2 inches. Later I need to put it up some more, nothing happens. UH OH!! And then the radio quits too. I am pushing buttons, nothing happens. I am afraid to stop anywhere in case I can't get going again. I stop at a garage (I know the owner) and he figures a wire is either broken or shorted out. As for the radio, he is stumped. Everything else seems to work ok. Get back to the post office and I need to cover the window for the rain, it isn't raining hard but just the same. I get that done. Of course I did the same thing when I got home in case of rain. Hubby asked me not to take the Escape as I have to travel on a dirt road. So I will take the van again today but I think we may have to put the old van down as much as it pains me. We shall see what hubby says. And I just put gas in the sucker too. GEEZ!! I guess it will be okay to putter around in.

I didn't do much last night, I was sweating bullets and I was tired.

I am not feeling that cross stitch very much. Will see what today brings. I did get to vacuum but then IT stopped on me too. I think it was just over heated, I let it cool and then it worked fine after that.

Hubby should be home by the time I get home. Tomorrow I am going back to the fabric store to get my refund. How knows what will the day will bring after that. Have a wonderful day my friends. Stay safe, stay cool and stay healthy.

Monique, DH sometimes leaves the window down on his truck and the rain comes and gets the door panel damp and then the electronic windows won't function. After a time, they dry out and then all is normal again. You could try a hair dryer but you probably can't get to it efficiently. The radio may just be a fuse. My DS said that you would have to take out each fuse and look at it to see if it were blown if you don't know which one is the radio. You might get lucky though and find it first. lol.
          Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
          Terry

Comment

Good morning . Clouds and rain showers here today. It will be a nice break from the heat. I should be able to walk the walk at least around the block. Our house cleaner is starting back this afternoon. I spent yesterday decluttering again. We became lazy and piled up some things on cabinets and dressers.

I picked up up my horse quilt from the quilters. I plan on getting the binding sewed on by Monday or Tuesday. I can then deliver it to our dog trainer.

Have a a good day.
            Beth

Comment

• Cowgirl quilter
              Cowgirl quilter commented
              Editing a comment
              I hope you are going to share a picture of your quilt with us- I love horse quilts!

Good Morning,

Today has dawned much cooler than it has for a while. The temp reads 59 now but the house is still at 73. Our house is made from concrete block so it does not cool down quickly.

Not much accomplished yesterday except my son's laundry. I got a message from him yesterday evening that has me wondering if maybe he is finally accepting his limitations. When discussing things with him his usual response is "Yeah, but I'm 42 years old I should be able to do this on my own". He evidently went through some practical procedures with someone from the rehab center and he may have finally understood what has happened due to his strokes. I told him that he needs to accept his limitation. Once he does that he will find ways to find the help he needs. I said something about thinking of himself as a person who could no longer walk. He would find solutions not complain that he was 42 years old and should be able to do this. He seemed to agree. Not getting my hopes up, just praying that God is working on him to get him to a better place.

Other than the laundry I did some embroidery. Almost done with the dishtowels for my daughter. I will be leaving here in a short bit to go take care of my daughter's daycare. I'm looking forward to seeing the kids today. Especially the twins she has. They are now 5, she has had them since they were 2 months old. They are just so cute, boy and a girl, and their mom and day just adopted a little girl who also comes and it about the same age. I believe she will turn 5 sometime this fall. My daughter has a wake to go to for her best friend's brother. Such a sad situation, another case where someone was not taking care of themselves.

I think I may go to the quilt store over by my daughter's since I'm in the area. The Quilt Minnesota Shop Hop starts today. I don't think I'll be going to very many of the stores and there are a bunch of them. I may make my way to Rochester to another one of my favorite shops. Dave said he just wants me to be home by supper. Shouldn't be a problem there.

Have a great day everyone.
            Carlie

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone ~ It was 10 deg. cooler yest. than the day before, so it was a pleasant day. In the afternoon we had a thunderstorm with brief heavy rain, then some scattered gentle rain showers. It really cooled off things.

Yest. was my day for errands. I shared about our surprise savings at the shoe store in another thread. I made stops at Lowe's for insect spray & ant traps, the shoe store, & 2 groc. stores. I bought beets at Vit. Cot., so in the afternoon I cooked up 10 large beets. They were cold, so it cook 90 min. or longer for them to get done. It made 9 freezer containers.

Yest. eve. I smelled a bad odor in the garage. Sure enough. Another mouse was caught in one of the traps. I put on gloves & disposed of it.

Today I need to make a run over to the store for salmon. It doesn't take too long to cut up 3 large filets into single servings for the freezer.

Comment

• JCY
                JCY commented
                Editing a comment
                Carlie ~ My DH eats salmon every day for lunch, so I keep it stocked in the freezer. I bought 3 large filets this a.m. & already have them cut up into 1 serving sizes & put in the freezer. Just finished that job a few min. ago & now am enjoying having some time to sit. I just washed a bunch of romaine & have that draining on the colander. I store it in 2 gal. plastic bags, separated by paper towels. It keeps it nice & crisp.

• Momofmonsters5
                Momofmonsters5 commented
                Editing a comment
                I think I just haven't had good Salmon. I'm not a fan. My bf is, if I knew how to cook it I would for him.

• JCY
                JCY commented
                Editing a comment
                Salmon ~ I don't eat it either. DH just parboils it in a bit water on the stove top. It takes only a few min. to get done. My son in MD grills it.

Good morning everyone. Yesterday was another busy workday. Today is my Friday off, so I am going over to help a friend clean out a storage unit. She is moving out of state to live with her son. Sad situation, but this sounds like the best solution. She will be missed by many friends here. She is also a LA quilter, so one of her clients is bringing over a quilt for me to deliver, since client lives a few miles from me, and my friend is about 20-30 miles. Looks like our rain chances are decreasing for the weekend. Take care.

Comment

Good morning,

I didn't visit mom as planned with my GF. I got my Covid results, but hers were not posted yet. When I got to mom's, visiting time was over. Its 10-1 and 4-7. I phoned mom and told her I would go today. She will be surprised and happy to see Pat, I printed her results today, so she can visit. Hopefully it will be nice, so we can walk behind the building on the paths that overlook the river. Mom likes to look at the boats going by. Yesterday afternoon, I decided to do some yardwork. 3-4 hrs of clean up of weeds and it doesn't even look like anything was done It was so hot the earlier part of the week, I did none. There was thunder all afternoon, and about dinnertime there was also lightning and pouring rain. It cooled down, so we opened the patio door. PJ loves to sniff fresh air, Sox was still hiding under the bed, as is his practice during storms.

I hope to load the stained glass quilt today, after I press the backing. I feel I am ready to quilt a big one. Wish me luck.

I have a long list today & I guess everyday, we shall see what I accomplish. Laundry? Shepherd's pie freezer meals? Housecleaning? Sewing? Yardwork?

Monique -- I had a 2000 van, which would sporadically decide that it would not shut the driver's side window. It was frustrating. If I left it for a bit, it would inch up. They took it apart so many times, and never found the issue. There were some interesting stories to be told, of how I got around this problem.

Have a good weekend.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Good Morning All,

Joy, thanks for the reminder, I need to make a Lowe's trip for the AC filters and water filters for the refrigerator. I've been saying it for weeks, but just noticed yesterday we're down to 1 AC filter. The water filters for the house are on automatic reorder and they get sent directly to the house from Pelican.

Today, Gabby has her spa day. Her appointment is at 11:45. We'll drop her off. This is Mike's last day off for this week. He's off Monday and Wednesday next week. I'm going to call the dentist and see if I can get an appointment.

Jim and Morgan bought a camper yesterday, well filled out all of the paperwork. They're going to take the truck today and get something they don't need added, added. That truck came with the towing package. They're telling the kids it doesn't have the braking package it needs. I told Jim it does. We'll see how gullible they are (that didn't sound nice at all). He's planning on taking the camper to a big empty parking lot and playing with it and learning how to tow. Something Howard never got around to teaching either boy. It makes me nervous, as it's a whole lot bigger than the trailer Jim pulled down here when he graduated from college. I told him to make sure to ask where ever he goes that they have a pull through spot. It would make his life a whole lot easier.

Jim told his brother about wanting me to come up in late September or early October to go to Williamsburg and DC with them. I'd already told Mike, if I go up, I'm staying at a hotel. Jim was shocked about that. Ha! No point in arguing about it, 5 people 1 tiny bathroom, + me. I'll stay at the hotel. Mike said if I go in Oct. he'd take a week off. Then I wouldn't have to fly in either. We'll see what the fall brings. It's been a long time since I went to Williamsburg. Being that close, I'd be able to go visit my uncle in Elizabeth City, too.

Time to start moving and getting busy. I didn't go in the sewing room yesterday at all. lol, not even to look for Gabby! Today will be getting things ready for storm prep. Mainly, just checking around the house for things that would fly around. With the car in the garage, the back porch stuff is going to have to stay on the porch. I have water jugs in the freezer, I'll fill a few more to make sure there won't be a boil water notice. I'm very thankful for the solar panels and batteries! I feel a lot more secure about being here during hurricane season.

Have a great day!

Katrina
                  “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Rhonda K
                    Rhonda K commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes, you are right. The vehicle should have the extra braking in the tow package. He can check the specs in the manual. We always get that option.

Great that you have solar and batteries.

I just ordered re-chargeable battery fans for delivery today. I'm south of you between Vero and West Palm. Stay Safe!

• TMP
                    TMP commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I used my last air filter a couple of days ago. This particular one says its good for 3 months ( I never let it go that long). I need to put air filters on my list also

• auntiemern
                    auntiemern commented
                    Editing a comment
                    We had additional brake package added when we got our first RV. Even though the truck had the tow package. The tow package is generally referring to transmission and motor having the ability to pull a heavier load. The additional brakes are to add additional stopping power. It made a huge difference. I would have gotten the extra brakes as well.

Good morning,

Monique, Glad you got the new car just in time. Hope you can fix the window issue quickly.

We are watching the weather reports for updates but planning to "button" up this afternoon. We have the routine memorized and go right into the prep mode easily. I filled two large bags last month with foods to hold us through any power outages.

Time for house cleaning and then hopefully some stitching time.

Sending special thoughts to those visiting their moms and seeing happy faces. Enjoy the visits with them.

Comment

Working...
                  X