Today's Surprise at the Shoe Store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's Surprise at the Shoe Store

Good Evening, Everyone ~ One of my errands today was to go by the local shoe store & pick up the SAS shoes I'd ordered; they don't stock the one I buy in the store. I've shopped at this store for >30 yrs. When I got there, the gal said my husb. had called about shoes for him. He's recently been studying the SAS brochure & really has needed new shoes for a long time. But he rarely feels up to going shopping --medical issues, low energy, etc. He asked if the store would allow me to bring the shoes home for him to try on. They said yes; if they don't fit, the shoes could be returned. I had a 20% off coupon for my shoes (my birthday month), & DH's shoes were on sale at a good discount. The price on his shoes was $235. with a discount of $45.03. When I got to the check-out counter, the gal said I have some rewards accumulated, did I want to use it. Sure. I asked how much was it. Would you believe -- $91.10??!! I was flabbergasted! I bought 2 pr. of shoes, which retail with tax would have cost $395. for $219.28! What a bargain is that?! And DH's shoes fit perfectly. He's thrilled! That savings was such a blessing. We're both happy campers today.

That was a wonderful story. How nice that the clerk told you you had rewards coming and it made the two pairs less of a cash flow problem
    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
    Terry

Comment

• JCY
      JCY commented
      Editing a comment
      I gotta tell you, I was blown away when she told me $91.10 off in rewards.

that was fabulous. good shoes are really necessary. there are still wonderful people in the world. happy day!

Comment

What a nice surprise indeed.
      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

What a special blessing! 💕
        💫 Star lover

Comment

Quite a nice surprise and blessing for both of you.
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Great shopping trip and getting the discounts. Nice customer service from the clerk too.

Comment

That's quite a deal. A few years ago, I bought some SAS sandal. I loved them so much I bought a few more pairs. I still have them and they are in good shape, since I only wore sandals for our brief summers. This year, I have been wearing my Sketcher sneakers, and rarely wear sandals. Bonus, I don't have to paint my toenails.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

That was a tremendous shopping trip!
                Katrina
                “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Working...
                X