It's Wednesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Wednesday

Good morning, on my way to having half the week over. Quiet again at the post office but the time is going quickly. I decided to take some cross stitching with me. This was Bonnie's and she hadn't started it. It is an owl pattern, looked fairly simple to do. Wellllll, for someone who has never done this before it was a little daunting at first. I studied that pattern and studied it. I am like the engine that could, I think I can do it. I think I have a magnifier somewhere as the eyes aren't what they used to be.

I called the shop about the elastic yesterday, YUP! she made a booboo. She never noticed either so on Saturday I will return and get some money back. I may just spend it there anyways, LOL!!

Today I am meeting up with a longtime friend of mine. She was my maid of honour 39 years ago this September. She has an unfinished quilt and batting to give me as well. I can't remember what the pattern was. I am looking forward to seeing her.

Hubby is going away today for a day or so. Actually going back to the place where his brother had his unfortunate accident. I hope it goes well for him. He had a great day golfing with our oldest and others. The game itself didn't go so great for anyone but they had fun just the same.

And so my friends, that is it in a nutshell. We are expecting thunderstorms this afternoon. We really need more rain.

Have a great day everyone.

Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Good morning to all!

Monique, I used to cross stitch......many many moons ago. I used to love it. Portable and relaxing.....then came crochet, then quilting! Hope you enjoy it. And owls.....how fun! The owls returned to the bird bath this am. Well, one did, the other watched from the roof of the garage. DH said that as he left for work yesterday, 1 flew from the shrub near the car. I wonder if they’re here to stay or passing through. I used my binoculars this am. So very cool! I swear it stared right at me.....

No rain here, even though they keep predicting it. We need a bunch! Everything is drying up......burning up.....and water isn’t cheap. But I love the flowers and veggies, so water away we do. The lawn......so sad....

Made templates for the next quilt to be hand quilted. The current one is almost done. Cut the backing pieces, may sew them up and clean up the top today, if it does rain 🤨

If not.....who knows what project I may get myself into......or not..... I really want to get the new quilt basted and ready to go 😃

Have a good day at work Monique, stay comfy! 💕

Everyone have a most blessed and wonderful day!
    💫 Star lover

Comment

• Monique
      Monique commented
      Editing a comment
      I would love to see your template. And I found the magnifier after much searching.

• Star lover
      Star lover commented
      Editing a comment
      You would not like what I create as a template (very ugly). I use plastic and place it onto a glass. My paper template is behind (I use an old cheap picture frame). I “draw” the design using my son’s old wood burning iron tool. The edges get a little charred, but it works like a charm. I have a custom template and I’m happy.

• Momofmonsters5
      Momofmonsters5 commented
      Editing a comment
      You sound like me, I cross stitched, crocheted then quilted.

Good morning!

I used to cross stitch, too, around 30 years ago. I think I stopped when I went back to school -- I needed my free time for studying. I cross stitched blocks for a quilt when my nephew was born. Never take quilting instructions from a cross stitch magazine! I did my best, but it was wonky. Put me off of quilting until I started watching Jenny's videos in 2016.

Today will be our last 90 degree day for at least a week. Rain possible tonight and cooler temps -- highs around 80 -- starting tomorrow. I am looking forward to that! I ran some errands after I picked up my new work computer, and it was hot.

The new computer works great. The trackpad is a little slick, and doesn't work quite like the one on my Mac, but I will get used to it soon enough. It's wonderful to be able to log in to work and have it look exactly the same as it does when I am on site. Logging in from my home computer is just not the same, there were always small workarounds to get where I needed to go.

I have <2 hours to decide which days I want to volunteer to work on site in August and September. I really don't want to volunteer at all, but feel like I should. My biggest concern is my glasses. The masks just fog them up. Also, I have been working from home with my progressive lenses, which I can't use at work due to the proximity of the computer monitors. I tried the cheaters I keep in my office; things were definitely blurry.

No plans for the sewing room today. I may start a new project this weekend.

Time for tea and breakfast. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• Star lover
      Star lover commented
      Editing a comment
      You have a tough decision.....if it were me, I’d go with my gut. I too wear glasses and the fog isn’t bad, just a pain. You’ll be wearing it all day. I too wear progressive lenses and that would be a problem. I used them at my computer, when I was working, but that was moons ago.
      My DH where’s a mask all day and he’s tired ALL THE TIME. His co-workers say they are too....they all blame wearing masks all day.
      I’ll pray that you’ll make the right decision for you. 😃

• KPH
      KPH commented
      Editing a comment
      At the Southern Women's show, they had a booth that sold "Fog Free" There's a phone # on the jar- 301-437-1834. It seems to work on my glasses, along with the wire across the nose masks seem to have less fogging issues for me.

• Claire Hallman
      Claire Hallman commented
      Editing a comment
      I saw a suggestion of putting a length of surgical tape across the top of the mask to adhere it to your face thus eliminating the glasses fog. I have not tried it but it might help.

Good Morning. The smell of coffee woke me up this morning. Unfortunately it’s not a smell I like. I’ve never even been tempted to drink coffee, though I do drink an occasional cup of tea in the winter. I know that makes me an oddball...lol.

Monique, good for you trying x-stitch. It’s a beautiful art if your eyes can take it. I used to be passionate about it. One thing I like about it is that when you are done stitching there is no mess to clean up...just drop it in a basket or bag and its done until next time.

We are still waiting for the rain, which keeps skirting around us. We drove to town yesterday and the truck got rained on just enough to makes spots on the windshield.

The quilt below was designed by Jennys daughter, Natalie. I love her design aesthetic. The name of the design is Summer Bazaar and it uses the medium and large tumbler templates. I know the fabric is a bit wild but I wanted something lively for Summer and the fabric sure delivered lots of energy. The fabric is a Ty Pennington collection from a few years ago. Thank you for looking.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Attached Files
    Last edited by Bubby; July 29, 2020, 05:31 AM.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Patricia Drew
      Patricia Drew commented
      Editing a comment
      Love your quilt! Great colors. Combining different size tumblers is such a great idea.

• URIBARRI-MAYOR
      URIBARRI-MAYOR commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice work I love their colors so happy. Barb thank you for showing us your work as JCY says those photos of the works that appeared on the header page are missing also now when you access the Gallery you do not see albums well, it is a shame we missing photos to encourage us to continue sewing

• geegeequilts
      geegeequilts commented
      Editing a comment
      Love the fabrics. What did you use on the back? Gina

I love cross stitch, but only if it's preprinted, I'm working on a lone star right now, great for watching TV. I don't have patience for counted cross stitch, way to tiny of squares to count. Hope you enjoy it!
    Kathryn
    Man, Despite His artistic pretensions, his sophistication, his many accomplishments, Owes his existence to a Six-inch layer of topsoil and the fact, That It Rains! anonymous

Comment

Thunder and lightening all night and blessed rain. Its wet out there but the temp dropped from mid=90's to mid 70's.
      Today I take DH to the eye doctor. Hope its just cataracs (can't figure out the spelling right now)
      Found a kayak (sit on kind) close by on Craigs list that I'm going to look at this afternoon. The one my DD family gave me is a sit in and I have a little trouble lifting myself out of it. I can't believe how expensive these contraptions are. Anyway, going to go look.
      Still trying to figure out the new computer. I tried to use google but when i go to Google.com I get a screen with UTOMIK offering me a free 14 day trial and I can't get it to go away so I've been using Microsoft edge. I looked online but it said that i should go to my control panel and remove Utomik but it isn't there. So it isn't loaded on my machine as far as I can tell. DS said he would research this for me. We'll see.

worked a little on the double wedding ring yesterday. I figured out the step I had forgotten and its coming along. Slowly. My patience is short...probably because I don't have a time goal or need for this quilt. No one to share my progress with. I think thats part of the quilting joy is sharing and kudos.
      Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
      Terry

Comment

• Claire Hallman
        Claire Hallman commented
        Editing a comment
        Please share with us.

• URIBARRI-MAYOR
        URIBARRI-MAYOR commented
        Editing a comment
        Terry we are still here and we like photos, you are a great quilter and you have our admiration, we want to see your work

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Cooler this a.m., which made for a good night of sleeping. Yest. I baked DH's 2 loaves of bread. I started the annual washing of the blankets, quilts, & fleece throws. Did 5 loads. I'll do more today. My gr. dau. called in the afternoon. She usually calls during her son's nap; he's such a live wire it's hard for her to have phone conversations when he's awake. I took advantage of free shipping at Christian Book Dist. & ordered some books yest. eve. I've been re-reading books I have on hand. Yest. I started Centennial; it's a thick book so will keep me busy for a few days. I like this book because it's about my state of Colorado. No more time now.

Comment

• Claire Hallman
        Claire Hallman commented
        Editing a comment
        I loved that mini series and would likely enjoy the book. I started Beach Music yesterday, surely I have read it since it came from our book case but so far I don't remember it, OK by me.

Good Morning Everyone,

Cooler here this morning but still humid. Headed for the 80's. The weatherman said we would be seeing lower dewpoints, I think he was wrong. Still haven't seen any improvement. I think we got the rain that some of you have not gotten. Sunday we got so much we won't need any for a while, our rain gauge showed 8.2 inches.

Worked on dishtowels yesterday, almost done with the 4th one. They are coming out better than I thought they would.

I still work on cross stitch, both counted and printed. I have a small one in progress of a snowman. Been working on that one for a while. Used to be that when one of my grandkids was in the hospital or had surgery I would bring it out and work on it . Nice and portable. I have one that I will start after I get Christmas gifts done. I've had the pattern a long time just never started it.

Laundry is on the list today and I think I'll work in the sewing room today on one or two more blocks of my sampler. I'm about half done with the blocks and have several that will be challenging. I don't want to put those challenges aside, how can I grow if I don't push myself?

Off for coffee and breakfast. Have a great day.

Carlie

Comment

Mike's off today, we've already started errand runs. First was a stop at the post office, line was out the door. I decided to go on to the grocery store. Just a few things on the list. Then we went back to the post office. No one in line! Yippee! In and done with those chores. Put the groceries away, fed Gabby and now we're waiting for the appointment time to get the car windows tinted. After that, I'm not sure what we'll do. I should call and see if I can get in the dentist office Friday.

Morgan got a job offer in Portsmouth, VA. She turned in her two week notice. The house will go on the market this weekend. They have no camper, yet. Everything is falling in place for them to do this. I'm not sure how I feel about all of it. Jim's already talking about me coming up with them. I'm not looking to go anywhere right now.

Time to clean up the sewing room a little. Foundation paper piecing leaves a bunch of little scraps to pick up. The last ugly is calling my name.

Have a great day!
        Katrina
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Nwmnteacher
          Nwmnteacher commented
          Editing a comment
          Katrina, it's a lot to ask that you uproot yourself and live in a camper.

• KPH
          KPH commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm not going with them. He was just saying I could come (help get everything set up for living and school).

Jim does want me to come visit. I'll go if there's a hotel close by! lol I have no desire to be in a camper with the 5 of them for any length of time.

I am going for a pedicure this morning and we have a plumber coming this afternoon to check out one of the potties. It was a tall one installed just before everything shut down and it rocks, don't like that but I haven't wanted it fixed badly enough to have them back in the house until now. I will likely tour the thrift shop next to the nail parlor since it is a great source for books. An exciting day.😁
        I am getting close to finishing fmq on a curved log cabin. I had to use a light tan back since nothing else went with the front and I am very pleased with the texture

Comment

Good morning to all,

We have made it to the middle of a busy week. It might get busier with the weather reports coming in. We may need to close the storm shutters and earlier is better. Our DD will help me with that and it should be easy. We are supposed to be on the schedule this week for the tree trimming...perfect timing.

The second light is installed by the garage. Check that off the list. The house numbers are ready to hang. Plain and simple so they can be seen from the road.

Birthday wishes sent to our Dson this morning. He may be out in the boat fishing so we'll chat later.

I love cross-stitch but haven't done any in a long time. My MIL made a beautiful mermaid with seed pearls and beads. We knew she was declining when she didn't want to work on her projects any more.

Happy Day to all!

Comment

• Bubby
            Bubby commented
            Editing a comment
            Today is our grandson’s birthday, too. He has to work today but he has plans for dinner.

Back again. ~ Load 4 is in the washer. One more to go. The mowers should be here any time. After they're done, I'll hang the pillows out on the line. DH's every other day medical procedure is done. He always feels weak on these days.

I just checked Bonnie Hunter's blog. She is treadling today on the porch of Quiltville Inn. A lovely kitty recently showed up; she thinks it may have been dropped off by someone who no longer wanted it. Sad. If you don't want a pet, take it to a shelter where it can be adopted by someone who will love it. She plans to have the vet. check her for a chip. If she's not chipped, she'll keep her.

In all our years of marriage, we've never had a pet, even though the boys would have liked one. They had guppies & gold fish.

Time to eat my late breakfast.

Comment

Good afternoon. I had to go into the hospital to get medical clearance exam and blood draw. I get my Covid test on Sunday. Hopefully I will be home at this time from getting my hip worked on.
            I did not feel like working on my projects yesterday. I seem to spend a lot of time on Pinterest. My kids probably think we are crazy having 4 dogs and 2 cats. They may not want any pets when they have their own places .
            Have a good day rest of the day.

Beth

Comment

Finally home! We took the Malibu to get the windows tinted. That took a long time. I took my kindle and read while we waited and waited. We should have eaten lunch before we went. We left and went Monroe's Smokehouse. I brought half of my dinner home. Now I want a little something sweet. I think I'm turning into my Grandma Phillips.

Katrina
              “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Working...
              X