Gardening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gardening

Garden.jpg Still figuring out this picture stuff. Produce from my garden today. This year has been really good even though I don't have a green thumb. Dad passed that gene to my sister.

They look yummy. I have loads of cherry tomatoes and I've picked 2 of the beef steak. Having BLT's for supper tonight. Yum. I haven't decided if I want to do more than the tomatoes. I may try some small cucumbers next year. I want to try to make my grandmother's emerald green pickles. Maybe some beets too for the pickled beets. Found both of my grandmother's recipes.
    Carlie

Comment

Looks delicious!
      Katrina
      โ€œNothing can dim the light which shines from within.โ€ Maya Angelou

Comment

Nothing like fresh veggies from the garden!

Comment

Mmmmm, yummy.....what time is dinner? I love eating from our garden ๐Ÿ˜‹
          Thanks so much for the drool pic ๐Ÿ˜€
          ๐Ÿ’ซ Star lover

Comment

I've picked 31.5# of blueberries so far. We still have some in the freezer from last year!
            I'm going to try to dry some of them like craisins.
            The veggie garden is doing ok.
            The lettuce is about to bolt, so I need to replant a few rows of that. They also say I can replant peas & potatoes for a fall crop.
            I started some squash & zucchini for a friend, but they didn't take them, so I have a second planting of those in now. I guess the chickens will be in fat city once those get going!
            Our green beans are just setting flowers.

Your tomatoes, cukes, & green beans look great.
            Be who you are and say what you feel
            because those who mind don't matter,
            and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

• Nwmnteacher
              Nwmnteacher commented
              Editing a comment
              Blueberries....yummm! My dad used to have wild blueberries growing in the woods behind his house. We have renters there now....I wonder if they've discovered them. Blueberries wouldn't like the heavy soil we have here.

I am so jealous.
            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Those look so delicious.

Comment

I can't wait till we can get tomatoes out of our garden, that's still probably a good 3-4 weeks away yet. Your veg look positively scrumptious and the thought of havine a fresh BLT makes my mouth water! We don't have space to grow sweet corn but all the corn I have gotten from the farmer's market this year was delicious.

Comment

That looks awesome.
                  I am a rapper. I love singing and my favourite rapper is 999.

Comment

Working...
                  X