Just my luck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just my luck

We have had our groceries delivered for about three months now, and I have absolutely no complaints about the service. We've never had an issue with our order, until, that is, today.

I noticed in one of the bags two items I didn't order. Grapes and broccoli. Luckily, we don't have to return them, but why couldn't we have accidentally received a couple of t-bone steaks instead?

Just my luck.

Rob
    There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
    --Ken Burns

Someone's looking for those grapes, but I'm with you about the T-bones!
    Katrina
    โ€œNothing can dim the light which shines from within.โ€ Maya Angelou

Comment

At least it was something you might eat, vs something you really, really don't like. But yeah, steaks would have been awesome! Thank goodness for those that are filling the orders, I'm sure its a tough job they got thrown at them.

Comment

Wish it was chocolates!

Comment

D1AE6C95-A8EF-4E46-9AED-D17980BD55D8.jpeg
          I got this. Not really a good look for a 70 year old.

Comment

Be glad it wasn't something truly gross, like okra or liver. ๐Ÿ˜„

Comment

• Rob the HOAQ
              Rob the HOAQ commented
              Editing a comment
              Actually, Cheryl would have loved okra. Me, not so much. Of course, she's also a big fan of broccoli, but I can live without it.

These services must be losing money. I get free stuff all the time because of mistakes. One of the last ones was a free bag of frozen shrimp that was $30. The cashier didn't know how take a return, so she said just take it. ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ
            ๐ŸŒบ Lorie

Comment

how do you wash grapes well enough to eat them? my granddtr has to have banana's . i hate buying them right now. i tell her to be careful but I know she isn't.
              glad you can get delivery. When i tried it never worked. the store had nothing on my list. I gave up and my son shopped until recently. I do it now since he got a job.
              Ha! Quilts R Fun, my granddtr would take those items of make up off of you! maybe you should give them a try....

Comment

• Vonnie
                Vonnie commented
                Editing a comment
                Would soaking them in vinegar and water do the trick?

• SallyO'Sews
                SallyO'Sews commented
                Editing a comment
                My daughter recommends washing all fresh produce in a 3-to-1 vinegar/water solution. You can put it in a spray bottle, or soak the produce in the solution for 5 minutes, then rinse with fresh water, dry on paper towels, and put in the fridge. I've also bought a vegetable wash in a spray bottle. Surprisingly, it does not alter the taste of the produce (not gonna' lie; I had been worried about my strawberries tasting like vinegar!).

I've never ordered groc. on line for home delivery or even to pick up at the store. I continue to shop weekly, wearing my mask & gloves. I like to see what I'm buying, pick out the fruits & veggies of my choice, & don't want any substitutes.

Comment

Working...
              X