Hello Wednesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Wednesday

Good morning friends. A relatively quiet day at the post office but I am not complaining. I am slowly getting that quilt done.

Well the Red Escape is now ours. Hubby is going to take to our repairman to give it a once over tomorrow. Can't do today as he is golfing again, LOL!!

It is a lot cooler here this morning but it looks like the hot weather will return by the weekend. Hey at least it isn't snow, right?

Have a great day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Good morning Monique and all y’all!

Monique, I’m so happy for you and your new car! Hope it gives y’all great service for many years to come. Have a great day at work.

Yesterday wasn’t too bad weather wise. Hot, and little humid, but better that what we’ve had. It’s raining lightly today. Lawn, garden and flowers are all happy 😃.

Been plugging away doing stuff I’ve let go. Feels good.....but boy am tired and sore. Not a bad thing. Means I’m using muscles that have been lazy!

Have a most wonderful and blessed day 💖😀
    💫 Anita......Star lover❣️

Comment

Good morning!

We have rain to start the day here. It is supposed to clear out later this morning, then more rain late this afternoon. This is bringing us a weak cold front, which will give us temps in the low 80's tomorrow. Then we will have another round of hot weather.

We had a good porch visit with Mom yesterday. I was able to run up to the store and get Mom's new glasses before the visit. She did not like the cord my sister put on the glasses to keep them from getting lost. At least they will be easy enough to replace if they get lost again. Mom was wearing the same outfit she wore last week. I am happy to report the stain came out of her shirt.

My Texas sister has taken an intense dislike to the hospice's spiritual advisor. I guess she gave my sister a hard time when she asked to speak to the nurse. She thinks the advisor should not have a job dealing with people. My sister sent me an email last night, asking me to promise not to let the spiritual advisor near Mom. I just laughed. She can't see Mom as long as the Covid restrictions are in place, and those aren't going away anytime soon. I don't think the advisor is that bad, but my Ohio sister doesn't like her either. I'm sure the Texas sister will calm down in a week or two.

My new computer is in at work! I have an appointment to pick it up on Tuesday. My poor old home laptop needs a break. I had a phone meeting with the boss yesterday. She asked me if I felt a need to be back on site or if I was fine with the telework. My employer recently delayed our return to work date due to the uptick in cases. I really do not feel comfortable going back on site right now. We have another meeting tomorrow to discuss my goals for the next year. I'm going to tell her I'd just soon stay home until we're required to come back. If that is ok with her, of course.

I'd better grab some breakfast. It's almost time to log in to work. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• TMP
        TMP commented
        Editing a comment
        I think it must be hard for your sisters to be away from your mom right now. Sometimes people can say things that they don't really realize how it sounds. I am glad you had a nice visit with your mom

Good Morning. I’m laying in bed listening to the sound of the beautiful rain. We need a whole day of this.

Our washer is out of commission. We will dismantle it today and hopefully Jeff can fix it. I hope it can be repaired. It’s a 7 or 8 year old Whirlpool Cabrio Platinum. It’s always been temperamental. We shall see.

Monique, congratulations on your new vehicle. I hope it serves you well for many years.

The quilt below is the Illusion quilt made from a Grunge Basics layercake. It’s an easy and fun quilt to piece. Jenny did a tutorial on this pattern. Grunge is a beautiful fabric but you can’t tell in the photo. It is equally nice made with charm squares. This quilt has been used a lot and washed a lot. It’s one of our favorite snuggle quilts.

Have a great day friends...
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Bubby; July 22, 2020, 07:11 AM.
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Momofmonsters5
        Momofmonsters5 commented
        Editing a comment
        We've been hand washing for months. Our washer went out, Daniel fixed it then out again. He's been dragging his feet getting a new one or having someone fix it. He's weird about people being in the house. It's not fun ....handwashing. I hope you get it fixed fast!

• JCY
        JCY commented
        Editing a comment
        Washing laundry by hand reminded me of my nursing school days back in the mid-60's. Another nursing student & I rented a small apt. in the upstairs of a older house. In the summer mos. we used the landlady's wringer washer & hung our laundry on the lines outside. Since neither of us
        had a car, and we didn't feel like lugging our laundry to the laundromat, we used to do our laundry by hand in the old claw foot bathtub. We hung our clothes on hangers or a wooden rack. We rented that little apt. for $40./mo.! There was a similar apt. on the other side of the upstairs; we had to share a bathroom which was off the hallway & heated only by a little portable heater. It could get pretty chilly in there in the winter mos. We used to walk to the jr. college 2 mi. each way every day, rain or shine, & it rains a lot in Vancouver, WA. Finally, the apt. next door was rented by another nursing student. She had an old Ford. If we were lucky enough for it to start, we got a ride to/from school. Well, that sure triggered a trip down memory lane. LOL
        Last edited by JCY; July 22, 2020, 09:21 PM.

• Monique
        Monique commented
        Editing a comment
        Barb, I hope Jeff can get your machine fixed.

Rachel, God bless you, I would have had a new one bought long before now.

Good Morning Everyone,

Sandy has been fed and is outside for awhile before it gets too warm.

Late yesterday, I went out to check the mail and noticed two cats acting strange. They were stalking a tiny baby rabbit. I tried to chase them away but they would have nothing to do with it. The rabbit jumped and both cats went after the rabbit. They chased this tiny thing down the street and I was after them . They caught it and it let out the most spine chilling cries. They took off with it to the woods and the tiny thing was shirking. You may think I'm silly but I didn't sleep at all last night. I don't know of any of my neighbors who have an outdoor cat. I wonder if someone just dumped them out in our neighborhood.

I am working on a quilt for my sister for Christmas the fabric is Hey Mister by Riley Blake. Kathy has two bulldogs. I have it cut out and now I'm wondering if she is going to think it a Mississippi State quilt. I hope not.

Have a wonderful day!
      Teresa
      Last edited by TMP; July 22, 2020, 07:07 AM.

Comment

• JCY
        JCY commented
        Editing a comment
        One year we had a neighborhood cat eat one of our baby rabbits. The hawks sometimes also are successful. This year the 2 babies have survived. It's amazing how much wild life there is in the city.

• Nwmnteacher
        Nwmnteacher commented
        Editing a comment
        Teresa, I would have reacted just like you did regarding the baby rabbit. I can't stand to see animals suffer.

• CarlieBlilie
        CarlieBlilie commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm with Jeanne, I would have reacted the same way. Poor bunny.
        Last edited by CarlieBlilie; July 22, 2020, 07:22 PM.

Good morning all,

Monique, congrats on finishing up the paperwork on your new vehicle! We're at 3 - 4 weeks to get an appointment to get the Malibu to the tax collectors office to get a real tag, once it gets down here that is.

Julie, I hope things even out with your mom. We loved our chaplain from hospice, turns out he was my cousin's daughter's Sunday School Teacher. We got the low down on the youngster! If her mother only knew!

Barb, I don't think they make them like they use to, that's for sure. I hope it's an easy fix. I certainly do miss Howard taking care of everything like that!

Mike's up, and I'm dressed ready to go paint baseboards. I guess we'll be heading over there soon. I hope you all have a great day. I think he's going to head out to Joanne's to find some StarWars fabric if he can. He wants a new mask. We'll see what he finds.

Take care! Have a great day!
      Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Momofmonsters5
        Momofmonsters5 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have some in different prints if you can't find any. I made a star wars quilt.

• KPH
        KPH commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll ask him tomorrow. He didn't have any luck today. Not sure what he was looking for, I was painting baseboards. Morgan offered him masks today. I told her he just wanted a Starwars mask, he's already got a couple I made him and gets one each day at work. He bought one, thought it was Starwars, but it was the Avengers. Poorly made, I've remade it three times since he bought it.

Good Morning, Everyone ~ After that weeding work on Mon., I took it easy yest. I finally made it to the sewing room to snowball more corners. I'm about half done. I'm working on row 5 (out of 9). I've been watching more of Karen Brown's videos (justgetitdone). She has good ideas. I need to take better advantage of my time. Sometimes I think why bother to sew if I have only 30 min. or so, but I was surprised at how much I accomplished in an hour yest. I need to keep at it & get this one done.

Yest. we had higher humidity, so it felt muggy. High temp. was 93. It's supposed to be in the 90's again today. I need to go groc. shopping this a.m. before it gets hot.

I had to close up the windows promptly at 5:20 this a.m. Skunk odor again.
      😑

Comment

• Bubby
        Bubby commented
        Editing a comment
        Joy, I read your comment about your Maytag washer. Years ago they were the best you could buy and they were built to last a lifetime. Not so nowadays. We replaced three washers in the apartments with Maytags and all three died as soon as the warranty expired. Then a friend of mine bought one and she had to replace hers way too soon. You’d better baby yours. It sounds like you have a gem. Do you wash large quilts in yours?

• JCY
        JCY commented
        Editing a comment
        Barb ~ Yes, I wash queen size blankets, matt. pads, bedspreads, & large quilts in my washer. If I have time, I let them soak 15 min., then wash on the gentle cycle. My Crosley dryer (new within the past 2 yrs. & warrantied for 10 yrs.) is a large capacity, so I partially dry a quilt on delicate, then finish with line drying out in the sun. The old GE dryer we had before that, we'd had for 40+ years! It was Harvest Gold color. Nothing is made to last any more. It's a sad commentary on our society, which seems to be a throw away mentality.

I've heard that Whirlpool products are supposed to be be well made.

• TMP
        TMP commented
        Editing a comment
        I must have got lucky with my Maytag washer and dryer. My mom bought it for us around 10 years ago and I have never had a problem. They both load from the front and are on a stand . Love the fact I can wash and dry many towels or a bunch of jeans or big quilts with no problem .

Good morning quilters,

Kitchen towels are in the washer along with the smaller cloths. The small ones are good for a quick wipe and I change them out frequently in the day. The house list is getting done. Tree trimming and removal of a nuisance bird of paradise plant/roots will happen in the next week. The sprinkler man is scheduled for Friday and hopefully the new light will be installed soon. Then I can re-design and plant the gardens again. It is hard on plants/flowers here. The droopy ones get ripped out. Yes, I'm a ripper.

I started painting the kitchen and dining room. The color is exactly right in the paint tray and the dried swatch yet different on the walls. It's ok and I can live with it but not the vision I wanted. Picking colors is quite the process for me as sample boards are always done first. It can also be the led lighting in the kitchen throwing the color off. How do you see color?

Hope your day is filled with happy stitching!

Comment

• Bubby
        Bubby commented
        Editing a comment
        Rhonda, Most of the time I’m disappointed with paint colors when they dry. I’m notorious for rebuying paint...Something that drives Jeff nuts about me!

Hot and muggy here in Alabama, too. We had thunder storms the last two days which watered everything really well. I am glad we aren't having a drought this year, I love things to be green. Our new flower bed is looking nice.
      Yesterday our grill gave up the ghost, it is less than 4 years old, bummer. DH is not happy with our mower either, if it gets cut off during the mow he has to wait quite a while before it will crank again. I have encouraged him to get another one, we can afford it but he really doesn't like to spend money. You save for most of your lives and it is hard to start spending. I, on the other hand, don't have too much trouble spending money🤣
      I have a curved log cabin top almost finished, all the blocks are made and laid out, a couple of rows are sewn, I will likely have the top finished today but I don't have a back for it. Maybe I can talk DH into a buying trip tomorrow, grills, lawn mowers and fabric, sounds like a good day to me.😁

Comment

• Bubby
        Bubby commented
        Editing a comment
        Curved Log Cabin is close to the top of my favorites list. I made two Christmas CLCs for Christmas a few years ago. Can’t wait to see yours.
        Last edited by Bubby; July 22, 2020, 11:51 AM.

• Momofmonsters5
        Momofmonsters5 commented
        Editing a comment
        Haha I'm with you, I'm the spender. He does the money and budget, rarely tells me no but I wait a long time for things. We want a grill too, itll be the end of summer I bet. Drives me nuts!

• Monique
        Monique commented
        Editing a comment
        Especially the fabric part, lol!!

The 3 H’s return— heat, haze, humidity. I replenished our groceries and dog food yesterday. I did get a chance to glue and clip pin the binding down on the baby quilt. Then that project is done. I plan on sewing this this afternoon.
      I am off to Michael ‘s this am to get 2 items framed. Hope there is not a big line. I always seem to find things to buy while I am there.

have a good day and stay cool
      Beth

Comment

Good Morning!

Yesterday was a little nicer again although not enough to open the house. This morning the dewpoint is low as is the temp so the house is finally open for a bit. Unfortunately we have not gotten the rain that several of you have gotten over the last few days. Just seems to either dissipate or goes around us. Today is supposed to be pretty nice all day long. This weekend the temps and humidity will be going way up again.

I've got a load a laundry in the washer already this morning and have Dave hanging some wall hangers. I'm not crazy about where he wanted to put them, I want them out in the open. He said we don't get that much company so we will be the only ones to see them so they should be where we are most of the time. I guess it made sense.

Another bad report has come for Jim, he now has fluid around his heart. I figured this was coming as they have told him his heart is enlarged and working too hard. I visited him yesterday in the hospital to help him with some paperwork. He is looking pretty good and his blood pressure is excellent for him, about 135/92 or thereabout. Yes, the bottom number is high but he has been told all along that they have never been worried about the bottom number. He is supposed to be released tomorrow. My sister is still in Alabama and she had told him he could stay with them until he gets his housing but now she is telling me that she may need to quarantine when they get back. I wish she had not said anything to him about staying there. Not sure what he will do.

I worked on my sampler quilt last night for a bit. I have put aside the "harder" ones and I just needed to relax a little Worked on a cut glass block. It is coming out pretty good. The pattern I found does not use the M* technique of making half-square triangles so I did a little math and tried to make them that way. Came out okay, just a little bit larger than they should have.

Well, I'm off to transfer the wash to the dryer and put a new one in. Have a great day everyone.
        Carlie

Comment

• Momofmonsters5
          Momofmonsters5 commented
          Editing a comment
          That's good the hqt's came out bigger. Once you trim them they will be perfect. Better than too small!

Our last houseguests left yesterday. I'm exhausted. They were heavy drinkers and not much fun for me but DH had a grand ol time. It is so hot here. We took the boat out two days ago when the waterlevel was up enough and took them fishing. I was the only one to catch a fish. The fish finder gadget said the water was 93 degrees. It is H O T. today I went kayaking at 6am. It was beautiful.
        Got to go pick up my car. The repair people just phoned and its ready. an hour drive. So off I go.
        Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
        Terry

Comment

Back home from Jim's house. Today's job was baseboard painting. He'd taped up most of the work. That made it a lot easier when I didn't have to worry about getting paint on the floor or wall. Neither Jim nor Morgan could focus on getting one job done before seeing something else to work on. Can you say Squirrel! Mercy. I did most of the hall, living room, foyer and the boys room. They were patching more areas, and planned to feather in where they were spackling holes.

I'm pooped, but was thinking about sandwiching another ugly, but Mike's on the floor sorting out Pokemon cards. Oh well, I'll watch it rain and put my feet up for a bit.

Have a great evening!
          Katrina
          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Nwmnteacher
            Nwmnteacher commented
            Editing a comment
            Katrina, are your son and his family moving?

• KPH
            KPH commented
            Editing a comment
            Nwmnteacher, Morgan is applying for Travel nursing positions. They are planning to sell the house, buy a camper and live in it a couple of years.... and independently home schooling their three kiddos as Morgan goes from nursing job to nursing job. I kept hoping he'd find something here, but it doesn't look like that's happening.

They've been cleaning out clutter (and filth), patching holes and paint, trying to get the house ready for the realtor to take pictures. Even if they don't sell, all of this will help them hopefully get the house cleaned up! It drives me nuts to go over there!

Originally posted by KPH View Post
          Good morning all,

Monique, congrats on finishing up the paperwork on your new vehicle! We're at 3 - 4 weeks to get an appointment to get the Malibu to the tax collectors office to get a real tag, once it gets down here that is. Local moving services there... Julie, I hope things even out with your mom. We loved our chaplain from hospice, turns out he was my cousin's daughter's Sunday School Teacher. We got the low down on the youngster! If her mother only knew!
          Barb, I don't think they make them like they use to, that's for sure. I hope it's an easy fix. I certainly do miss Howard taking care of everything like that!
          Mike's up, and I'm dressed ready to go paint baseboards. I guess we'll be heading over there soon. I hope you all have a great day. I think he's going to head out to Joanne's to find some StarWars fabric if he can. He wants a new mask. We'll see what he finds.

Take care! Have a great day!

it's good to have good news)
          Last edited by Dettos; July 23, 2020, 05:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X