Colors...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colors...

Sometimes my DH gets on my nerves *lol*.....anyways when I'm choosing colors for a quilt - he is all up in my face and likes the drab colors, earth tones and black. Well I can live with those for certain quilts (camo, civil war etc.).

But I am all about bright, happy colors. I'm getting ready to make a quilt for my DGD and I told him that I am going to use bright/light pretty colors and border it all in black, she likes black and purple so that will be what I use for the back. She is also a girly girl and likes girly colors. Well he thinks I should use batiks because they're cool - he said I shouldn't use neon colors....ummmm.....excuse me...she is 11 years old. I refuse to make my grand-daughters drab, dreary quilts.

He needs to stay out of my hobbies *haha*

*pushing my soapbox back under the table*
    Last edited by buckeyequilter; March 8, 2013, 06:23 AM.
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Re: Colors...

When I was making my GD's quilt hubby kept walking by with "that look" on his face. He then admitted when it was done that he never thought it would look good with those bright colors. Wait until he sees the quilt I am making for him. I am using crackle. It not only has color but a design. They are not bright colors so he should be happy.

Why do they but in? Just there interest in us I guess.
    Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

Comment

Ya got his curiosity woke up with those Bright Colors.. This is what My grammy always told me. Men are like Cats..rouse their Curiosity and they have to put themselves in the middle of it all..
      Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
      :icon_wave:

Comment

LOL! I used to call my now EXDH "FORD" - because he had the better idea -at least he thought so (Refering to the ads for Ford motor Co.).

Glad I don't have to deal with that any more.

I like what your granny said Judy!
        Donna

Comment

I LOVE bright colours! There is a pic on the front of a quilting mag that I picked up this month...cannot for the life of me remember the name of it! But there is a quilt on the front I am DYING to make! Has bright blue with orange sashing...it's the actual quilting that makes it...Oh MAN I wish I could find the pic! I searched online but can't find it anywhere. I'll have to take a pic tonight.

And btw..I liked your soap box! LOL! My DH is thankfully quite helpful...I think I'd stuff him under the table with the soapbox if he annoyed me like that. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Granny Judy View Post
            Ya got his curiosity woke up with those Bright Colors.. This is what My grammy always told me. Men are like Cats..rouse their Curiosity and they have to put themselves in the middle of it all..
            *lol* I don't know why they are like that.....I'm not curious about his hobbies, reloading bullets just doesn't do it for me or whatever else he does in his man cave.

Comment

Originally posted by dwil23 View Post
              LOL! I used to call my now EXDH "FORD" - because he had the better idea -at least he thought so (Refering to the ads for Ford motor Co.).

Glad I don't have to deal with that any more.

I like what your granny said Judy!

Found on road dead?
              Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
              it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

LOL.....my DH is the same way. He did not like the ducky quilt I made he thinks every thing should be camo or earth tones too.
                Donna
                MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

sigpic

Comment

DH doesn't mind the bright colors, he just has a hard time with things not quite being all matchy, matchy. He can have his opinion of course, but has nothing to say about the final project.
                  Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                  sigpic

Comment

hummmmmm,, i think this is the ONE dept. of my life that he doesn't say anythig about except... wow,,,who's that for????
                    Im a scrappy girl.. and he is thrilled to think i'm using up the "collection"...other than that,,,
                    He is "in my face 24/7... caring more than anyone could possibly tolerate other than me, cause' i know he's nervous that i might just "drop at any moment"...LOL and then he'd not get his home cooked meals and lunch served and have no one to take out for pizza with the gang, and for the life of him, he'd never know what in the world to do with the women that would be lining up at our door to "snap him up" if i died!!!!
                    Attached Files
                    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                    that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

My DH just smiles and nods and says "Very nice!" when I show him stuff I'm sewing.
                      In return, I ask him how his golf game was, and smile and nod while he tells me about it. I also wait until he's asleep in his chair before I ever so gently remove the remote control from his hand and navigate the TV away from the Golf Channel...

Comment

Originally posted by GrammaBabs View Post
                        hummmmmm,, i think this is the ONE dept. of my life that he doesn't say anythig about except... wow,,,who's that for????
                        Im a scrappy girl.. and he is thrilled to think i'm using up the "collection"...other than that,,,
                        He is "in my face 24/7... caring more than anyone could possibly tolerate other than me, cause' i know he's nervous that i might just "drop at any moment"...LOL and then he'd not get his home cooked meals and lunch served and have no one to take out for pizza with the gang, and for the life of him, he'd never know what in the world to do with the women that would be lining up at our door to "snap him up" if i died!!!!
                        Way to go, Barb! Keep him on edge! Make sure he takes very good care of you!

Comment

I'm thinking this might be a New England thing???? what say Sally!!!
                          Originally posted by SallyO'Sews View Post
                          My DH just smiles and nods and says "Very nice!" when I show him stuff I'm sewing.
                          In return, I ask him how his golf game was, and smile and nod while he tells me about it. I also wait until he's asleep in his chair before I ever so gently remove the remote control from his hand and navigate the TV away from the Golf Channel...

Comment

Originally posted by SallyO'Sews View Post
                            I don't dare ask my DH about his hobbies, work or anything I'm not really interested in.....I'll be the one sleeping in the chair (but sometimes I forget myself and ask him *zzzzzzzzzzzzz*).

Comment

As the kids say... Jean...."True that".....
                              He'll be going out to snow blow in a few minutes... i'll hit the quilt frame...
                              of course, you do realize here where we live,,, "THEY" do the plowing and shoveling"... but not the way he likes it...
                              a bit of a control freak Ya' Know".... heheheh
                              when he comes in i have homemade cranberry orange muffins.. for supper some pasta and MB from my freezer.... no wonder i don't lose any weight!!!!!!!
                              Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
                              Way to go, Barb! Keep him on edge! Make sure he takes very good care of you!

Comment

Working...
                              X