Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Sunday Morning

Good Morning All,

It's just starting to lighten up around here and thank goodness Gabby's trip outdoors was a quick one. It's already rather warm. I have a feeling early morning service is going to be miserable this morning. I think I'll take my shower after I get home.

Yesterday was productive, I called Martin and have a low mileage 2015 Malibu on hold. He'll send it down and take the Vibe back to SC with a check. Mike's truck's transmission has lost first gear, so he's going to call and donate it or sign it over for salvage. We'll be a one car family and that kind of scares me, but there's no point for me to have a car.

I finished the first large Christmas Ugly. Three more to go! I'm not sure what's under those in the box. I guess I'll find out when I get to it. I also painted the little lambs for the baby shower card. That's all packed and ready to go to church today.

Don't know what else the day will bring at this point. Time to finish getting ready for church. Be careful outside today. It's definitely summer time now!

Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Good Morning, Everyone ~ It didn't cool off much last night. It's still 70 deg. this a.m. Yest. it was 102...again! I didn't expect it to get that hot.

The chicken soup yest. took all morning, plus almost another hour longer than usual. I had way more chicken that usual. I ended up with 19 qts. By the time that project was finished, I didn't feel like doing much the rest of the day.

Our church is having a parking lot service again today, but I'm not going. I'll wait till they post the video on YT. It's the last Sun. for our music pastor who will be moving to Minn. to become a senior pastor at a church there. We can't have the usual potluck & farewell because of C-19.

I have no plans for the day. I hope to get some sewing done.

Comment

• Rhonda K
      Rhonda K commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a lot of soup and sounds delicious!

Good Morning. Yesterday was a lazy day. It was too hot to do much other than take it easy.

Jeff helped me lay the blocks out for the Irish Chain quilt and later in the day I sewed some into rows. I don’t have room for a design wall so we worked on the floor. We’re too old to do this...lol.

I would like to bathe the Girls today. That’s quite an ordeal and takes both of us to keep things under control.

Today I’m sharing two baby quilts I made and tucked away for future great grandchildren. The Scottie quilt and pillow were made from 1930s reproduction fabric from my stash. I basically used a free pattern that was online. The Elongated Shoofly quilt is made from a combination of linen and cotton quilting fabric. It was simple and fun to make. Jenny has a tutorial for this one.

I guess I will start moving around and see what the family is doing.

Wishing everyone a blessed day. E8D8B87F-205B-494B-8E5B-DA8D58460D80.jpeg2C7CA222-E09D-47BF-A1A8-D67DCB8E906C.jpeg
    Last edited by Bubby; July 19, 2020, 06:26 AM.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• KPH
      KPH commented
      Editing a comment
      Gabby needs a bath, but I think I'll see what Mike's schedule is for next week and see if I can get her a spa day.

• Mimi_Howard
      Mimi_Howard commented
      Editing a comment
      When I can't use the top of my bed to lay out blocks, I reach for the long handled pinchy thingy for picking up stuff. I don't mind sitting on floor and laying them all out, but one trip down and one up is good enough for me. I turn to the pick up tool after that.

• Rhonda K
      Rhonda K commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful quilts and fabrics. I haven't seen those patterns before so thanks for showing them!

Good morning!

It's another hot one here today. Predicted high is 96 with a heat advisory. We're expecting storms and lots of wind tonight. I'm going to postpone my weekly grocery shopping until tomorrow, when the temps will be a little cooler (high in the mid 80's).

I have a utility pole next to my driveway. A few weeks ago, someone tied a red ribbon on it; then some yellow flags showed up in the grass. I finally found out what that all that was for. A crew was out the other day and they put a metal reinforcement around the base of the pole. It's a good thing I didn't need to go anywhere, their trucks completely blocked my driveway. It was very loud! They had some sort of jackhammer-type thing they attached to the pole, above the reinforcement, that pounded the reinforcement into the ground. It didn't take very long. That's the the problem with teleworking for four months...having a utility pole reinforced was the excitement of the day!

It's too hot to go out, so I will spend the day in my sewing room. I'm working on a couple of projects. But first, it's time for tea and breakfast. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

Good Morning,

Yesterday was a very hot and very humid. We got to 91 or 92 at my house and the dewpoint was 81. I've never seen the dewpoint that high. Pretty much stayed in the house unless the dogs needed to go out. Sometimes its an ordeal to get Augie outside as he is now pretty much blind and he loves to smell every last thing so he wanders. I try and get him to smell me when I come up to him otherwise it startles him pretty bad. Right now temp is 65 with a dewpoint of 63. Not too bad right now, headed for mid 80's and clear so it will seem very hot outside.

Yesterday I got my rhubarb picked. I ended up with 20 cups of chopped rhubarb and froze all but 4 cups. I also got the oregano picked and chopped up. It is quite dry this morning so I can get it in a little jar. The basil took a little longer to dry out.

I also worked on my bead/sequin wall hanging. Should have that completed today. I may wonder up to the sewing room if it isn't too hot. I hate using the A/C upstairs, gets costly. I need to get busy on the dishtowels I planned on doing for Christmas gifts. I found some cute ones online using dachshunds that I'm going to make for my daughter. I have plans to make a set for each of my grandkids for when they go out on their own. Since Christopher is on his own I want to get his set done this year. Then I have a little bit of time to get them done. The next one is only 15 so if I don't get those done by Christmas it won't matter. I have one set put aside for my son's daughter that was made by either my grandmother or one of her sisters. I'm not sure which. When we went through my grandparent's things we found about 10 sets of dishtowels so each of the granddaughters (my sisters and I) and then each of the greats got a set. There are 6 greats. Since my son cannot seem to keep anything of value I put his set aside for his daughter.

Off for a cup of coffee and go across the street to my sister's to let her dog out. She and her boyfriend left for Arkansas yesterday and won't be back until late Tuesday. I have day duty and her daughter will take care of the evening hours. Have a great day everyone!

Carlie

Comment

• CarlieBlilie
        CarlieBlilie commented
        Editing a comment
        The rhubarb I have I have moved several times. Originally got it from my dad who had gotten it from a customer of his. I only have the one plant and I probably won't pull anymore this year. It seems like if I leave it alone now I will be better crop next year. I have a really good recipe for rhubarb bread that I make. I set aside some this year to bake right away. My plan is to make some of the rhubarb bread. Less sugar and a treat for after supper. I understand about the diabetes. My dad was diabetic, used to call it brittle for him. His sugars were all over the place but didn't have the equipment or knowledge they have now. He died in 1988. You should have seen his first monitor. It was huge. His mother and aunt were also diabetic as well as several of his siblings. My daughter is a type 1. She was lucky and got a insulin pump when she was pregnant with Makayla, now 15 years old. That has been a gift from heaven. She was not doing well before that. Her A1C when she got pregnant with her oldest was 12.6. He is definitely a miracle baby. Nothing wrong with him except ADHD.

• TMP
        TMP commented
        Editing a comment
        I have never had rhubarb.. What does it taste similar to? I can't remember even seeing in the grocery stores here. I am sure they have it .

• CarlieBlilie
        CarlieBlilie commented
        Editing a comment
        Teresa, I'm not sure how to describe rhubarb. It is somewhat sour like green apples, Some people eat it freshly picked with salt or sugar. Quite tart. I cannot think of anything it is similar to. It is fibrous as well, like celery. I cut it into about 1 1/2 to 2 inch cubes and use it in a quick bread or cakes/desserts. One of my favorite ways is to combine with strawberries and make a sauce for shortcake. My grandmother made that all the time.

I no longer grow my own rhubarb but I have a friend who shares hers with me. Jeff doesn’t care for it so I don’t need much anymore. I do love strawberry/rhubarb pie with vanilla ice cream. I always put a little orange zest in my s/r pies.
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• CarlieBlilie
        CarlieBlilie commented
        Editing a comment
        I think my favorite is shortcake (homemade of course) with a strawberry rhubarb sauce. Brings back a lot of memories of my grandparents.

I had never heard of rhubarb until I married and we lived in Seattle for 2 years. Back in the dark ages, they didn't grow rhubarb in the South! It's OK, but DH doesn't like it. I streamed our church this morning. They are having services in the gym since it's easier to clean. I'm still staying in as much as possible. We have had a spike in new cases, so it's better to be home. DD is going to Chicago tomorrow to visit with her grandsons. I'm glad, because that gives me an extra week to get ready for her to come here. She is doing pretty good so far, but I can hear the tears in her voice. She cleaned out Ted's clothes this week, but couldn't touch his books and plans for counseling sessions. Their dog has been a great comfort to her so far. We talk every day, and text several times. This makes me look at my beloved of 64 years and appreciate him more. But I also see signs of aging so fast in him (Probably in me too). And every day I thank God for this man He chose for me.

Comment

Good afternoon,

A few quick minutes to catch up with everyone. Two loaves of pumpkin bread are cooling on the kitchen counter. Well less than 2 loaves because someone cut it while still warm and ate two pieces already. It was a tradition started with my mom so I will have fond memories of her today.

I'm still working to finish 16 masks with the elastic loops. These were cut with the die and I put them in a bag to finish later. Another 12 masks are cut with a 3d pattern. They need finishing but I need to re-watch the tutorial. I'm getting restless to finish the quilt for d-grandson. His birthday is in 2 weeks. I better get busy.

Hope you day is restful and relaxing!

Comment

Working...
        X