Good Morning Saturday! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Morning Saturday! :)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Another hot day is expected. We had 102 yest. at our house. It keeps one busy with all the hand watering of the flower beds & the pots on the patio.

I don't have much time this a.m. I need to make chicken soup today, which will be an all morning job. DH already has labeled the freezer containers for me. I try to get finished by 11:30, when DH eats lunch. I'm always working around his daily routine.

DS#1 called yest. afternoon. He usually calls weekly & e-mails almost daily.

Not sure if I mentioned yest. that our governor signed a state mandate that everyone age 11 y.o. & older must wear a mask/face covering when out & about, in public places, etc. Most of the stores have signs indicating masks are required. I think most people are being compliant. We've had an increase in C-19 cases here, too, but nothing like the big surges in FL, TX, & AZ. Wear your mask & stay safe. Good hand washing, too. There still is discussion on going about what to do about school. Some already have announced either delayed openings, or there will be remote learning at home. Some of the Denver area schools have no A/C, so are very uncomfortable in Aug. No fans will be allowed due to possible spreading of the virus.

Have a good week end.

Good Morning Joy and those who follow.

It's going to be warmer today. God bless those who have to work outside. Merciful heavens, I sat out with the Safelite guy for a while. I'm paying for it today! My allergies are acting the fool (like I was sitting out there talking to him for so long!) If I hadn't added fuel to that fire earlier, sandwiching the first big ugly and doing some of the quilting.

I remembered to ask about tinting, Courtney, the Safelite guy) didn't know anyone. They don't do it.

Mike's truck is having transmission issues. Next week, he'll take it to Carmax to see what he'll get for it. Naturally, he just bought the tag for one year. I think I'll call Martin to see if he has something I'd like. I'm tired of Mike putting off and putting off.

The plan for today is to finish up the first big Christmas Ugly. Not much after that other than trying to stay cool.

Have a great day everyone.

Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Good morning!

We will have another day in the 90's here. We might see some rain and warmer temps tomorrow.

The day after my company's president announced a delay in our return to on-site work, the governor took our county off of the level four watchlist. (For reference: one is good and four is very bad.) We are still level three, we're just not level three, almost level four. Which I do not understand at all, as the number of coronavirus cases in my county just hit a record high. I am grateful my employer is being cautious. We may not be back on site until September.

Happiness if finding a lost UFO! I started a Halloween project last year, but did not finish it in time. Jenny & Misty did a "carve a fabric pumpkin" tutorial on M* Live. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zntL41gy7VU. I finished the pumpkin part but could not decide on a face -- I wasn't crazy about the ones they included templates for. I was thinking about the project last week and couldn't find it. I have a "works in progress" tote, and was surprised not to see it there. I finally found it mixed up with some test blocks. The pumpkin I'm making is small, I used 2.5" squares instead of 5". I will work on finishing it today.

Time to finish my cup of tea and eat some breakfast. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• LauraP
        LauraP commented
        Editing a comment
        If you made the face parts out of felt and put a velcro patch on the hanging you could change his face to match your mood. Or for the grandkids to play with.

I think today might be a sewing day😁. I did manage a bit yesterday and realized what I thought could be a quilt back for my current project is not quite big enough, not big enough by about 2 yards 😮. Another M* order will be shipped to me sometime soon. I got the DD and the issue #2 for this year's Block, some thread, should have bought another spool and would have gotten free shipping, oh well.
      I am almost done fmq on a wall hanging and half way done with sewing down some binding, slow and steady wins the race.🙄 I will get there eventually.
      I did two blocks of the Bonnie Hunter leader ender challenge yesterday, I think this will use up lots of 4 patches I have been accumulating, a scrappy, scrappy quilt top one day. I cut lots of 2 1/2" x 4 1/2" pieces, some white and some cream, will probably end up as two scrappy tops.
      Have a fun, if hot, weekend.
      Last edited by Claire Hallman; July 18, 2020, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Good Morning Everyone - It’s going to be another brutally hot day. Sadly, one of our neighbors died of heatstroke. She was only 39...such a tragedy.

Good news. My grandsons wife got the result of her covid test and it was negative. I hope she continues to do well with her job, as her employer is doing nothing to make it a safe work environment. She would quit her job but she needs the insurance. She could easily do her job from home but her boss won’t hear of it.

Jeff cooked some delicious chicken kabobs for our dinner last night....chicken, onions, mushrooms, peppers and cherry tomatoes.

Today I’m sharing a bee quilt I made a few years ago. The pattern was a chart and it was fun and easy to put together. It’s one of my favorite Summer quilts.

Have an easy day friends.

Attached Files
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• TMP
          TMP commented
          Editing a comment
          The bee just pops on your quilt. I would love to make this quilt Gorgeous!

• URIBARRI-MAYOR
          URIBARRI-MAYOR commented
          Editing a comment
          That quilt is adorable, I love it, good job, when something is beautiful no matter how long it has

• geegeequilts
          geegeequilts commented
          Editing a comment
          Barb, that is bee-yoo-tifull! Sorry, you know I had to say it. Kabobs sound yummy. Gina

Good Morning!

Yesterday was hot and humid and today is supposed to be worse. Temps in the 90's and dewpoints possibly in the 80's which I've never seen. We have been under excessive heat warning the last 2 days. We did have a very small thunderstorm roll through about 4 hours ago but nothing much for rain.

Thankfully prayers have been partially answered on behalf of my son. He called yesterday and said that the county has now classified him as a vulnerable adult. Hopefully that will get him into a assisted living facility soon. He will have a nurse that will be visiting twice a day to get him the meds he is supposed to be taking. The social worker called and asked about us taking him in until they get a home but we cannot as we do not have a bed and it really isn't a good situation to have him in the house. He does better when dealing with people who are not family. So, thank you to those who had been praying for my son.

I need to get outside for a short bit and pick my rhubarb. I have some herbs that I should take care of as well. Thursday I picked my basil and cut it up to dry. I was surprised at how quickly it did dry. I have oregano, chives, rosemary, thyme and flat leaf parsley left. Of those I use the oregano and parsley the most, basil too. I'm hoping to get some rooted in a small pot to keep over the winter months, that way I still have fresh during the winter so I don't have to buy it when I make my lasagna recipe. My son-in-law is crazy nuts over it. We have that for Thanksgiving instead of turkey.

Need to get going before it gets too hot to be outside. Have a great day everyone.
        Carlie

Comment

• LauraP
          LauraP commented
          Editing a comment
          We have lasagna for Thanksgiving too!

• jjkaiser
          jjkaiser commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh could you share your recipe with us? Who doesn't love lasagna?

• CarlieBlilie
          CarlieBlilie commented
          Editing a comment
          jjkaiser, I have put the recipe in Yummy Recipes! Enjoy!

Good Morning all. Well the Misters mobility has now become a big challenge. He can no longer walk with the walker. He has had to move from the love seat recliner to now using the hospital bed. And with that I am now sleeping in the recliner in the living room next to him. Almost like having a newborn, trying to catch naps when he naps. Nurse checked in on us yesterday. Today they are coming to replace the bubble top air mattress cover, it is not keeping the air like it should and moving it around like it should. Did a slight adjustment of his meds and she left testing kit for checking for kidney/bladder infection. My daughter sent me text yesterday saying when the opportunity arises she is going to kidnap me and keep me for a few weeks! I told her... when that opportunity does arise, I just may runaway and she will have to catch me! Well it is time for the morning meds for the Mister, off to start the daily routine.

Hugs to all.

Comment

• Bubby
          Bubby commented
          Editing a comment
          My heart goes out to you. I’ve been there. Hugs...

• JCY
          JCY commented
          Editing a comment
          Take care of yourself, Mimi, & get as much rest as you can, when you can. Thoughts & prayers going your way. God bless.

• geegeequilts
          geegeequilts commented
          Editing a comment
          Prayers of comfort for you during this difficult time. Gina

Well, I called my cousin at his dealership and have a 2015 Malibu on hold. Mike will look at it today. It's more than he wants to pay, but I told him I'd help with it since I helped with Morgan's van and Jim's education expenses. There's money set aside to equal all of that, if he's willing to pay the balance. It's going to be put in his name alone. We'll see what he wants to do.
        Katrina
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

We are on the move again. Currently in Pratt, KS at a beautiful lake. The mountains of Colorado are next on our list, going to see family. Can't wait for the lower humidity.
          sigpic

Comment

• JCY
            JCY commented
            Editing a comment
            Where in Colorado do you plan to visit? There is lots to see & do in our state. I think Rocky Mtn. Nat'l Park entries are by reservation. You'd have to check. If you make it to Lyons, visit the quilt store there -- Lyons Quilting. You might have to make an appt. first. The town of Lyons closed down their parks along the creek. Too many people were congregating & not social distancing, etc. Colo. now has a state mandate that everyone must wear a mask or face covering. Hope you enjoy your travels.

Well, I'm a little late to the forum.....but I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday!!
          Later today, I'm going to go to the store and purchase 20 loaves of bread and items to make 10 Spaghetti Dinners to donate (Canned Spaghetti Sauce(Hunt's sauce is in a can) Spaghetti Noodles, 10 #1 pound packages of ground beef, 10 small cans of mushrooms, and 10 Spaghetti Spice Packets. I have to call one of the gals that volunteers there to see if they would accept a small #3 pound bag of onions and if they would put an onion in each one of the dinners. I also want to ask if I could just box up the 10 dinners OR if they would prefer to do it themselves.
          I'm also going to drop off the feminine products I purchase every month to the Homeless Shelter & the Aware in town. After I had my complete Hysterectomy in 1999, I decided to donate the products I used to used each month prior to my surgery. So, I donate Sanitary Napkins, & Tampons, along with 8-10 gallons of bleach. Years ago, I called the Homeless shelter and asked if there were products that they were always running out of and they told me that no one ever thinks to donate Bleach (Clorox or a store brand bleach). So, I added 10 gallons of bleach to the monthly donation. I've got a coupon for $10 if I purchase a certain $$ amount of groceries.

Before I drop off the items to the shelters, I am going to take my car to the car wash. The poor car needs a serious bath.
          My cat Mason is probably hoping I'm going to be gone for a long period of time today. I told him when I was getting dressed this AM that he this was the day he was going to have me clip his toenails. Oh my goodness, he gave me this look as though he really understood what I said!! He yawned.....sneezed and shook his head "No!" and took off for parts unknown to our finished basement!!! I love that cat.....he's amazing.

Take care everyone!

Oh....BTW....JoAnn Fabrics apparently has Black Symphony Broadcloth & Country Classic broadcloth in stock in my area.....so I might go get some black fabric for the pillowcases I am making OR I'll just order it. Normally I don't do online order with Jo-Ann's. It isn't because their online service is bad.....but I'm the type of person that could very easily slip into a pattern where I would never go anywhere..... I really love being inside the house, doing chores, sewing, etc. To me, being at home is wonderful. I worked two full-time jobs for a lot of years and always thought that staying home would be my retirement DREAM! LOL!

thsleep.jpg
          Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
          http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

• CarlieBlilie
            CarlieBlilie commented
            Editing a comment
            Sugar, my husband thinks the same as you. With all this shelter in place going on he is as happy as can be. Working on projects around the house, gardening etc. he doesn't mind it one bit. He has been retired a little over two years now, only a little over a year for me. I miss my friends from work and quilting friends and especially my daughter and her family. He is okay just staying home.

Good Morning All

Well , its almost noon here . I have been up for about half an hour . No I'm not sick. I am lazy! I think I need to work on getting myself back into a regular routine. I stayed up watching old sitcoms last night. Its kind of nice to watch something on tv that is not gloom and doom , violence and nasty words.

I have about a foot left to finish with the binding on a quilt I made years ago. The quilt was my very first block of the week quilt. It has scorched spots from the iron on it. Wish there was a fix for that. I guess I could just use it on my bed. Its feels good to get some of these tops finished that have just been stacked in the closet for years.

Have a great Saturday.
          Teresa
          Last edited by TMP; July 18, 2020, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• CarlieBlilie
            CarlieBlilie commented
            Editing a comment
            It feels great to get UFO's done. I have been slowly working my way through but still doing some new stuff in between. My husband always gives me a bad time about how many things I've started and not finished. I have an embroidered quilt top that I plan on layering and quilting this winter. I finished the embroidery last fall. Now I'm working on a sampler quilt from a class I took but the last half was cancelled. Making progress but it is slow, no matter, it will get done.
        Working...
        X