It's Friday!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Friday!!

Yes it's Friday and the start of a month of work. At least these next 2 weeks I will be working on something. I have a quilt that needs finishing that Bonnie had started. I am getting close to the end of that. I may also be taking my machine at some point but not today.

Yesterday would be been my brother-in-law's 70th birthday. My niece's birthday (his daughter) is on the 20th. We went to WM and bought a tent as we won't be able to sleep in the van any longer. The new to us vehicle won't be big enough. Although tenting this year will be a challenge, we can't go to PEI. Anywho, hubby will be searching while I am at work.

Our friend Doug is in hospital and I had to call his son to find him. Old Buggar, doesn't want to put anyone out and didn't want anyone to know where he was. Not sure what is wrong with him, but his son will give us an update when he has more information.

It is very humid this morning. We did get some much needed rain but it could rain some more.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Good Morning.

I just watched Jenny’s new tutorial....looks like fun. I love how creative these three ladies are.

It’s going to be really hot again today. I will stay indoors for sure.

I’ve been playing with my embroidery machine experimenting with a new Sweet Pea design. Quilting is my passion but machine embroidery is right up there, too. there are so many useful and beautiful things to be made.

Christmas in July...thinking cool weather. The quilts below are two of the three Present quilts made from one of Jenny’s older tutorials. The black quilt (shown before quilting) was given to my daughter and the other was gifted to a dear friend. This block is fun and easy to make. I also made one of these for us in traditional red/green Christmas prints.

Have a great day everyone...stay cool and hydrated. BD1C2C1E-9CC0-4B82-ABED-1083DFA06C36.jpegCC234D6B-B92E-4B88-9455-DC81BA389A76.jpeg

Last edited by Bubby; July 17, 2020, 07:11 AM.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Cathy F
      Cathy F commented
      Editing a comment
      The second quilt is my birthday quilt Barb made for me a few years ago. It is displayed on a chest at the foot of my bed where I can see it every day.

• Rhonda K
      Rhonda K commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful quilts! Love how the different fabrics look in each quilt.

• URIBARRI-MAYOR
      URIBARRI-MAYOR commented
      Editing a comment
      I love their quilts, I still remember when I saw the one with Christmas fabrics, I fell in love, but these ones with different fabrics are also beautiful

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Three times in one day is too much! There is a skunk in the neighborhood & we smelled the stink 3 times during yest. The last time was at 10 p.m. just as I was getting ready for bed. I had to turn off the fans & close all but one window. I didn't sleep well the first few hrs. until I was able to re-open the windows.

Katrina ~ So sorry for all your troubles. There are scammers & criminals out there all the time. My gr. dau. & her husb. got burned when buying a used car on Craig's List. They paid $2500. for it & it needed more than that in work. It was a total loss. They never repaired the car. It was a tough lesson which they could not afford.

Yest. I drove our other car (which doesn't get driven as often) out on the hwy., up some country roads, to make a long loop to the groc. store. I ended up getting everything at Sprouts. (I had stopped for just bulk raw peanuts. LOL!) Instead of making another stop, I just bought everything there.

It warmed up quickly yest. By noon it was 98 deg., then went on up to 102!

I watched Karen Brown's latest video & browsed her blog (justgetitdonequilts). I'm going to add her web site to my Favorites & check it more often.

Comment

• JCY
      JCY commented
      Editing a comment
      People say, "It's a dry heat!" That may be true; our humidity gets very low these days, but it's still HOT! The evaporative cooler is a life saver.

• grandma nurse
      grandma nurse commented
      Editing a comment
      Joy, have you ever contacted the city or county about the skunk? Where I live they will come out with a cage to try to trap the skunk and then take care of it for you.

• JCY
      JCY commented
      Editing a comment
      I have never seen the skunk. Usually the smell is at night, but more recently there have been a few day time odors. Our next door neighbors had a problem with a skunk under their deck a few years back. The odor was really bad! It permeated their house; I could even smell it on her clothing. He was able to plug up some holes & did some mitigation. We also live just 2 houses away from a creek green belt. They could be near the creek & the stink drift our way. DH says, "It's just an odor." (His sense of smell is not as keen as mine.) If the situation gets worse, I'll try contacting someone.

Good morning to all....

Monique, you're sure one busy gal. Tent sleeping would not be my cup of tea.....you have lots of courage!
    Barb, you're quilts are beautiful.....but then everything you make is!
    Joy, my those skunks are pesky! I hope you sleep better tonight.

It's been a long couple months for me. What we thought was a hernia.....wasn't. Went through a scare that included tumors.....Had many tests and now the docs are certain it's some kind of neuralgia (I couldn't pronounce it, if I had to) - kinda like a cyst on the nerves from he shingles I had in early May. I had no idea it could happen. The size started out the size of about 2 bananas taped together, along my waist-line. it's getting smaller and will take some time before it's gone. It was very painful and I couldn't stand anything touching it. The pain is better and I'm sleeping better. Whew!

It's been very hot and humid here. Rained most of the day yesterday, which we desperately needed. Everything is burning up. The heat and humidity are to continue into next week, at least. Ah....summer....

I hope everyone has a blessed weekend. Hugs to all.💕
    💫 Star lover

Comment

• JCY
      JCY commented
      Editing a comment
      The pain from the shingles can last a long time. Here's hoping the pain will diminish quickly & you'll feel better soon.

Good morning!

It's another hot and humid day here. No relief in sight until late next week. We may see temps in the upper 90's over the weekend.

My sister and I had a good lunch visit yesterday. Famous Dave's really piled the meat on our sandwiches (she got the pulled chicken, I had the pork). My Texas sister called me last night to ask questions about whether or not Mom was receiving adequate care. Our brother saw Mom Wednesday night and took a picture. Mom's left eye didn't look quite right. Mom has a tendency to scratch at that eye. The hospice nurse saw Mom yesterday and I asked her to take a look at it. She said the eye is fine, a little irritated, and prescribed eye drops twice a day. Mom has had issues with that eye since last year.

We were sent an email at work late yesterday afternoon. Administration's plans for having us back on site have been postponed indefinitely. We were scheduled to go back on rotation August 3, then August 10. I'm sure the boss will have more information for us this afternoon.

Speaking of work, it's time to log in. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

Good Morning all,

Yesterday was pretty nice for a while but we ended up closing up the house in the afternoon. The upstairs was quite hot by evening. When my grandfather added the 2nd story to this house he only added one heat and one cold air return for each room. Our bedroom is a good size room and should have at least 2 possibly three. Because of that the cold air does not get upstairs so we have window units in both rooms upstairs. We only turn them on when we are going to be up there.

Got a piece of mail from the post office for my son's address change. It has been a real mess trying to get that fixed. I called yesterday and talked to a gal and she said the local post office would also call. I think I finally have it corrected. Jim still hasn't gotten his SS disability check from June. It was supposed to be here yesterday but did not show up. We will see what happens today. The gal I talked to from our local post office is a sub for our area so she knows our house. She said that there was a note that said there was no forwarding address. How it got to that point I don't know. Hope it is fixed now.

No sewing yesterday unless you count the bead/sequin wall hanging I'm working on while watching TV. Did some on that and should have that done this weekend. I will not be going outside at all this weekend unless I have to. Temps today are supposed to be in the upper 80's and dewpoints are to be climbing through the weekend. Tomorrow they are predicting temps in the 90's and dewpoints in the 80's. I've never seen the dewpoint that high. I've gotten heat advisory notifications on my phone for all weekend.

Need to make a trip to the store to get some softener salt. My son was transferred to a general care room yesterday. His BP readings have been awesome for him. They told him they think he has something in additional to his autoimmune disease that will elevate his BP at random. I hope they keep him until they can figure it out. Otherwise his BP goes up to well over 200 on the top number.

That's it for now. Hope everyone has a great day. Stay cool!
      Carlie

Comment

Good Morning All,

It's a beautiful morning, so far. The Safelite guy has called, two people are in front of me. He's coming to the house. I told him the car is in the garage to come to the front door for the key. By that time, I can get the garage door open. He can take the car out and fix it or fix it inside. Mike's like ask about tinting. I don't know anyone, I'm hoping he'll know someone close that can tint that window.

I finished up the last of the small uglies, yesterday. Pulled the cover off of the batting, ironed the first of the larger uglies, and quit. I just couldn't get in the mood to crawl around on the floor to sandwich it.

The kids will be here this afternoon so Jim can run some errands. So sandwiching is off the list of things to do today.

I enjoyed the tutorial this morning. I really liked Natalie's denim quilt. The small template is the DD today. We'll see if I get motivated to click on it. lol

Have a great day!
        Katrina
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Good morning,

It's been a busy week and I finally have a "me" day. I plan on sewing the last sashing strips on the dino quilt. It's closer to the finish line. DD is a teacher and the county says they will be in school instead of virtual so more masks are in line.

It's already rained this morning and more thunder out there. Lots of cleaning projects to do this weekend plus laundry that needs to be done.

We keep the AC set at 75/76 year round and never open the windows in our house. It's too hot here plus sudden rain showers would blow in. We have removed trees from around the house to limit wind/storm damage which means less shade too.

I better move on with my day. Hope you have a great day.

Comment

Since we have pollen season during the time that the temp is appropriate for open windows we seldom have ours open. My DH really prefers air conditioning anyway. I just go out on the porch for my fresh air. In the fall I sometimes get to open the door to the screened porch to air out the house [when he isn't home😁].
            I didn't do a thing in m sewing room yesterday, went to get some groceries then read a book. It was nice. Today I will head back and maybe finish the fmq on a wall hanging and put borders on a top, more fun.
            Have a nice weekend everyone.😊

Comment

• KPH
              KPH commented
              Editing a comment
              We can't open our windows due to pollen, heat and the road behind the house. My allergies are probably happier that way anyway.

Hi Quilt Forum friends! I’ve taken a page from Jenny’s playbook and started displaying my unclaimed quilts on my porch. I started on July 4 with a patriotic runner and am now on day 14 with quite a few more in the queue. I post each day on FB and many folks from this forum are following. It’s fun for me and many of my non-quilting friends are getting interested in trying some simple quilts for themselves Most of my patterns are Missouri Star tutorials or have been inspired by M* tutorials. It has been a lot of fun doing this!

for the last two years, the theatre where I do work with several theatre companies has allowed me to display my quilts in the theatre lobby, which is set up as an art gallery. The first year, I displayed bed quilts and smaller quilts that I had built over the years. Last year I built an entirely new crop of quilts. So this porch display comes mostly from the quilts I built for those displays. Plus I have a stock of unclaimed baby quilts available for gifting. So, what do you have in your stash as far as unassigned quilts? Or do you only make quilts specifically made for someone in particular? I just get inspired by Fabric colors and patterns and want to put a quilt together, whether or not it has a potential home. All my family members have quilts already, so I would be at a standstill in quilt making if every quilt had to have a specific home before I built it! But I could make lots of T shirt quilts, as many of my friends want me to make one for them.

Comment

• JCY
              JCY commented
              Editing a comment
              Does anyone scroll through members' albums any more? We used to have the photos scroll across the top, but that feature is gone with the new format.

• URIBARRI-MAYOR
              URIBARRI-MAYOR commented
              Editing a comment
              Barb I love your quilts and I am happy to see so many wonderful works, so be sure to be happy with your photos

• Monique
              Monique commented
              Editing a comment
              Joy there is a lot lost here since the new version came out. Sad really.

Good morning everyone. Today is my Friday off (every other Friday). I took the car in for servicing this morning, joust routine. It's hard to believe I have had this car 5.5 months and only driven 4k miles. This virus and working from home has made a huge difference. I normally had a 60 mile commute each day. I went out to mow the lawn, but the grass is still wet from the sprinkler this morning. I will be hitting the sewing room in a bit. Have more masks to make for peeps.

Comment

Good Morning,

Its so nice that pet store lets you order and pay on line and you just pull up, pop the trunk and they put the bags in . After getting Sandy taken care of I stopped by Publix to get a few things and was excited that I found Lysol wipes . They allow you to get two. I plan on mailing my sister one when I send her the mask I made for her family. Oh gosh is it already so hot out. I worked up a sweet wiping off groceries before I brought them inside.

I just heard our Governor on the radio justifying her mandatory wearing of mask. We have had a surge in cases the past few weeks. She said we have to get the numbers down. The host ask her if she would close businesses again and she didn't rule it out, but hopes the wearing of mask and social distancing will bring them down.

The pointer finger on my left hand is so sore and swollen. So weird how psoriatic arthritis will be in one part of your body one day and then the next go to another

On a happy note. I am going to be a grandmother again!! My son and his wife are expecting their first child in January. I guess I will start a baby quilt.

Have a great Friday,
              Teresa

Comment

• JCY
                JCY commented
                Editing a comment
                Our governor also declared a state mandate that everyone age 11 y.o. & up must wear a mask when out. Most of the stores have been requiring them, too. I occas. see someone w/o a mask, but most are complying. We've had more cases in Colo., too. I don't think this is going away any time soon.

• KPH
                KPH commented
                Editing a comment
                Congratulations on the new grandbaby. I hope it's a healthy and happy little one! I know the quilt you make will be loved for sure!

• Monique
                Monique commented
                Editing a comment
                Congratulations.

Back again ~ I decided to do the veg. prep. this a.m. while it's cooler, and to get it out of the way. I always have to work around DH's daily routine. I had a 2 hr. window from 0930 to 1130. I finished in record time, less than 90 min. 😉 Now I can enjoy the rest of the day. Hopefully I can get some sewing done.

It's another hot day. At noon it's already 98 deg.

I watched a couple more videos by Karen Brown. She really has a lot of great tips & short cuts. I had never heard of her until someone here, months ago, posted a link to one of her videos. She's had a rough patch with her son undergoing chemo. for cancer. He's completed his chemo & hopefully is on the mend. The Ugly Quilt I made weeks ago is one of my UFO's waiting to be sandwiched & quilted. I need to finish up this Smoke & Fire quilt first, as there is a deadline for my guild.

Now I'll watch today's M* tutorial.

Comment

Working...
              X