Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCY
    commented on 's reply
    We bought a new Crosley D/W within the last year. It is very quiet & puts out little heat.

We don't have A/C, but I suspect the thermostat should be set & left alone 24 hrs./day. Re: furnaces - we used to turn back our thermostat at night, but it would take time to warm the house in the morning, & DH didn't like the chilliness in the mornings. We now leave it on the same setting 24 hrs./day. It keeps the house a consistent heat, & we actually use less gas that way.

• Monique
    commented on 's reply
    Oh Katrina how scary just the same.

• MSN
    commented on 's reply
    Now I'm craving some ribs!

• KPH
    commented on 's reply
    Found out a little more about Jim's story. Apparently the guy hand delivered the 'phony cashier's check' to their mail box and then called JIm and said he'd been notified that the letter was delivered. It didn't dawn on him until later, that their mail doesn't come until the afternoon and he got the real mail later in that day.

He called and talked to the police yesterday afternoon. They told him on his end, since the check wasn't cashed, there really wasn't a crime committed against him that was in the banks hands to handle. If the guy called (which he did) tell the defrauder, that he'd been in touch with the police, the police had his number and email information, the bank already knew all of the information and Jim should block the guy's number.

That's what Jim did, when the guy called this morning.

My nerves went on hyper drive when I realized that the criminal was right outside my son's house with my grandchildren in there. Of course, anybody would have to get through Pepper to get to those kids, not to mention Jim.

• K. McEuen
    commented on 's reply
    AC units have to work twice as hard to cool things down as they do when keeping an area cool, so what your guy told you is correct. I had to convince my mom of that when her AC was acting up, once she stopped the off and on stuff, it ran a lot better without any issues,

• Monique
    commented on 's reply
    What a day you have had.

• Cokie
    commented on 's reply
    All of your quilts are so lovely. It's nice to see pictures of Dottie and Olive again. I enjoy seeing pix of Sugar and Maggie too, but I miss Olive and Dottie.

• baslp
    commented on 's reply
    We have a 3 yr old Bosch dishwasher . It is very quiet and puts out little heat.

• KarenC
    replied
    Good afternoon everyone. I enjoy catching up on your days when i have time to read the posts, but don't always have time to post. Work has been slow the past few days, but I keep waiting for the bomb. I'm sure next week something will happen to be super busy again. Haven't done anything in the sewing room for a few weeks now. I did have a neighbor bring over some fabric her girls picked out for masks. So that is on the agenda for this weekend. Tomorrow I need to take my vehicle in for servicing. Nothing else planned. Trying to decide on either a scrappy quilt top to work on or put a top on the longarm to quilt. I will get in the sewing room this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• grammaterry
    replied
    Here I am, in the house after 4 hours in the yard. It is starting to get better. DH cut his 5th tree this morning. It got hung up on another and was quite a puzzle getting it to fall. But now, the driveway is a straight path with no zigzagging between the pines. I will like backing out much better.
    We have the air set at 80. Still warm b ut warmer outside. I am reading you all's posts about opening the house and closing it up. THe AC guy said that was hard on the unit because of humidity. Any thoughts? I hate not being able to have the windows open at night.
    I have loaded another 20 wheelbarrows full of pine needles and moved them to the edge of the yard. They are prolific little fellows. I don't know if they will eventually turn to dirt or not.
    My friend from Tenn. is driving here as we speak. She is going to spend three days. Then on Sunday some folks from the restaurant are coming for three days. Coastal property seems to make us popular. But boy is it hot. Too hot to go out on the water in the boat by the time we get our work done. I think maybe we should skip the work for a few days and go out early.
    I have been washing dishes by hand because the old dishwasher seems to put out an awful lot of heat. Do the new models put out lots of heat too?
    Off I go. A blessed day for all.

Leave a comment:

• grammaterry
    commented on 's reply
    the GC's left some big floats on the grass for the afternoon when they were here and there were two big brown circles in the lawn. A week has passed and it is all green again and ready to mow...AGAIN

• grammaterry
    commented on 's reply
    my dd said her dogs love having the groomer come to them and they do it in the driveway. Much less stress for the little ****zu's

• geegeequilts
    commented on 's reply
    Barb, love the quilt! Specially love the "presenters". Gina

• CarlieBlilie
    commented on 's reply
    I sure can. I will post under yummy recipes. I love sharing recipes.

• Patricia Drew
    commented on 's reply
    Great quilt. I love that border!
Working...
X