Well it's Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it's Thursday

Good morning friends. It is my last 'free' day until the middle of August. It is an overcast morning and I am hoping that means that we will get some much needed rain. It is supposed to.

Yesterday we paid for the vehicle and next week hubby and sister-in-law will have the ownership transferred. So now I am in the process of looking for a tent as the Escape won't be big enough for us to sleep in. I have it narrowed to three choices this morning while all on sale.

I FINALLY finished all those masks. 4 meters of elastic doesn't go far, I tell you. And I made one for hubby and I at the same time. I have been working on them slowly as my back gets sore. They will go out in the mail tomorrow.

So not sure what today will bring just yet. I will need to get something ready to take to work with me.

Have a great day everyone. Stay safe and cool.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Good Morning. It’s going to be 100+ degrees today. Not sure about the humidity yet but it’s been very high for two weeks.

Yesterday we thought our a/c broke. We had a power surge and everything went out for a few seconds and then came back on, except for the a/c. Jeff did something to it and it started working again. I think we need a whole new unit. I also think the washing machine is on its way out. I have concerns about the fridge, too. I should quit thinking!

We found out yesterday that my grandson’s wife has been exposed to covid via a co-worker. They are in the process of trying to get tested and isolating themselves. Please pray for Kaytie and Jesse. We are very concerned, as Kaytie has multiple autoimmune issues.

Monique, I’m glad you were able to find a good vehicle. I hope it serves you well for many years. You need a reliable way to get around with all the traveling you do.

Yesterday I did some machine embroidery and the bracket that holds the light broke. Jeff was able to repair it temporarily but I need to try to find a new part. We have no Janome repair less than three hours from here.

The quilt below is the first of three I made from Jenny’s tutorial, You’ve Got Mail. We renamed this pattern Love Letters. The fabric is Josephine by French General. This was one of Dottie’s favorites. She posed with the quilt and that’s little Olive on the left. If you need a large quilt that goes together quickly, this is the one for you.

Have a great day everyone.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bubby; July 16, 2020, 06:00 AM.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Patricia Drew
      Patricia Drew commented
      Editing a comment
      Great quilt. I love that border!

• geegeequilts
      geegeequilts commented
      Editing a comment
      Barb, love the quilt! Specially love the "presenters". Gina

• Cokie
      Cokie commented
      Editing a comment
      All of your quilts are so lovely. It's nice to see pictures of Dottie and Olive again. I enjoy seeing pix of Sugar and Maggie too, but I miss Olive and Dottie.

Good morning. It will be getting hotter and more had here in the next few days. Yesterday the groomer came to our house. She no longer works for the mobile grooming business. They decided to stay closed. So she uses my bathroom to do her work. I had a lot of towels to wash after she left. The Springer Span and cat should be cooler after their haircuts.

I am on a mask mission again. I should have 15 done by Sat. To give my DD’s friend. My DH is a good trooper by doing the pleating for me.

have a good day and stay cool.

Comment

• grammaterry
      grammaterry commented
      Editing a comment
      my dd said her dogs love having the groomer come to them and they do it in the driveway. Much less stress for the little ****zu's

Good Morning, Everyone ~ We're supposed to be back to the heat again today (90's) & for the foreseeable future. High yest. was 85. It was a very pleasant day.

I made it to the sewing room in the afternoon for an hour or so. I completed my sample block with 1" red border & then a pieced border around the outside. I plan to finish it nicely as a mini quilt. I'm still slowing working my way through all the corners that need to be snowballed.

Even in just the 3 days since I fertilized the lawn, it already is looking a bit greener. Those 2 cooler days helped, too.

I'm debating whether to weed this a.m. or go groc. shopping.

Comment

• grammaterry
      grammaterry commented
      Editing a comment
      the GC's left some big floats on the grass for the afternoon when they were here and there were two big brown circles in the lawn. A week has passed and it is all green again and ready to mow...AGAIN

Good Morning All,

Yesterdays word for the day... Cash Flow. lol, I decided since the flea/ tick, heartworm, meds were on sale, I'd go ahead and buy the years worth. Cash flow out. Not too bad, since it was for the year and I don't have to worry about it until they have the sale next year.

On to the next stop, the vet didn't have the pill covers, so Pet Smart. On Monument Road, we passed a lawn service mowing at a subdivision. The mower picked up a rock and threw it. It hit the passenger side window, shattering it. Cash flow on that one will be on Friday when Safelite comes to fix it. I think the tinting is the only thing holding it together. Guy was RUDE, to boot. I can see why he has so many F reviews on Angie's List! We're going to go get the HOA information for the subdivision today, I'm going to contact him about their contractor's behavior and lack of responsibility. I wrote a review for Angie's list, and wrote a letter to the FL Licensing board to see where I can file a business complaint. He's probably not licensed at all!
    102_0660.JPG

Next stop on the Cash Flow journey. Jim sold the crafting desk he made Morgan on Craig's List. Guy sent a cashier's check, so Jim could pay the movers and for the desk. Well, I advised Jim to take the check to the bank, as cashier's checks can be forged. He took it to Community 1, and sure enough the teller spotted it right off. Jim's getting all of the emails, and information to turn over to the bank. He'd notified the buyer that he'd received the check and was going to take it to the bank. I'm so glad he didn't mobile deposit it like he was planning to. He's also calling the police if the 'movers' call to come and get the desk! They'll be waiting for them.

One positive note, there are no bicycles in my garage now. Jim had no choice but to come and get them all. My little vibe fits in there rather nicely with a little additional shifting.

Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Monique
      Monique commented
      Editing a comment
      What a day you have had.

• KPH
      KPH commented
      Editing a comment
      Found out a little more about Jim's story. Apparently the guy hand delivered the 'phony cashier's check' to their mail box and then called JIm and said he'd been notified that the letter was delivered. It didn't dawn on him until later, that their mail doesn't come until the afternoon and he got the real mail later in that day.

He called and talked to the police yesterday afternoon. They told him on his end, since the check wasn't cashed, there really wasn't a crime committed against him that was in the banks hands to handle. If the guy called (which he did) tell the defrauder, that he'd been in touch with the police, the police had his number and email information, the bank already knew all of the information and Jim should block the guy's number.

That's what Jim did, when the guy called this morning.

My nerves went on hyper drive when I realized that the criminal was right outside my son's house with my grandchildren in there. Of course, anybody would have to get through Pepper to get to those kids, not to mention Jim.

• Monique
      Monique commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh Katrina how scary just the same.

Good morning!

We have a warm and muggy start to the day here. There is a chance of rain this morning. High near 90 today.

I had a late start -- I actually managed to sleep in! I have been teleworking for four months now, and keep my alarm set for the regular time. I must have needed the sleep. I don't want to get used to sleeping in because it will be harder for me to adjust when I have to physically go back to work. According to the boss, though, that won't be happening anytime soon. The plan was for August 3, which was moved to August 10. Now we're not sure. Governor DeWine had a press conference last night, we expected him to announce another shutdown. Instead, he implored the state to wear masks. Good luck with that. I took the garbage out this morning and none of my neighbors on their morning walk were wearing them.

My new computer arrived at work! I don't know when I'm going to be able to pick it up. I am one of many employees on the list. I'm hoping it's soon, my home computer was being difficult this morning and told me I couldn't connect to the internet. Horrors! 😱 All is well for now, I turned the computer off and back on again (that's the first thing the helpdesk always asks).

I am having lunch with my sister this afternoon. I try to go over there for lunch every once in a while so we have some in-person human interaction. We're getting take-out from Famous Dave's.

I'd better log back in to work and finish my cup of tea. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• MSN
      MSN commented
      Editing a comment
      Now I'm craving some ribs!

Good morning everyone,
    Surprise, surprise! Inventory was done by the time I arrived at work! Nice! Apparently they started on Tuesday, and were finished by 80 Wed. morning. (They start really early.) So it was a "normal" day for me. The big clearance sale is still going on, and I ended up buying a couple of plastic storage boxes that will be great for taking projects back and forth to the cabin.

I'm planning on heading to the cabin for a couple of days, but I'm rather slow moving today. I have a Christmas gift project that I think I'll take along to work on. My DIL asked for masks for the kiddos, so that could go with me as well. We're still waiting here in MN to see if the governor will make masks a statewide requirement. Also, he's supposed to announce the plans for school by the 27th of this month.

Katrina, you had quite the day!

It sounds like everyone is having very hot weather. We should see 80 here today, and a little hotter tomorrow. I wish we could store it up and use it this winter! I'm hoping we'll have nice long fall. Enjoy the day, everyone.
    Jeanne

Comment

• KPH
      KPH commented
      Editing a comment
      Quite the night, too. It was after 2 before my brain decided it was time to sleep. I was awake before Mike left for work. I was hoping to go back to sleep, but that wasn't happening.

• CarlieBlilie
      CarlieBlilie commented
      Editing a comment
      Jeanne, I've been waiting to hear what the governor decides but right now we are already wearing them inside public places, Our local government passed an ordinance recently and started last Friday that we have to wear the masks inside public places for 60 days. I heard someone state that the feel that if everyone would wear a mask for 2 months we could get rid of this virus. Not sure that that is true, but I'm really tired of this isolation. Pretty bad when a trip to the vet makes me feel better.

Good Morning all,

Yesterday was a beautiful day for the most part. Upper 70's with a somewhat low dewpoint. While I took Milka and Augie to the vet Dave mowed the lawn and shut the house up. I left the house about 1 and got back about 4:15. By that time the dewpoint was going back dawn as was the temp so we opened the house back up. I love having the windows open. Overnight was cool so good sleeping with a light cover. It is in the low 60's right now and dewpoint is okay but we are headed for the 80's today and I imagine the humidity will be going up as well. We are supposed to be in the 90's either tomorrow or Saturday so I'm enjoying this for now.

Dogs ahve been pronounced very healthy. Glad for that but they do need to have their teeth cleaned but not an urgent thing right now. Think I may do that this winter. My daughter had a sick daycare kiddo so told me that I should drop off the baby quilt to Christopher, my grandson, where he works (he is training to be the general manager at a Dominos). Got the quilt dropped off without a problem. I also asked Christopher to take a picture of the quilt with the baby and/or parents. I like to keep a record of the quilts I give away.

No plans for today except for laundry which has been started. I think we will grill hamburgers for supper tonight so I think I'll make my grandmothers baked beans to go with them. It makes a large batch so I will freeze most of it so I can use it when we get together with my daughter and her family. The grandkids love the beans. The baked beans were always what my grandmother was asked to bring when we had family get togethers. Many of my cousins still talk about that recipe.

I'm off for a cup of coffee and a little breakfast. Have a great day!
    Carlie

Comment

• baslp
      baslp commented
      Editing a comment
      The recipe must be winner. Can you share it with us?

• CarlieBlilie
      CarlieBlilie commented
      Editing a comment
      I sure can. I will post under yummy recipes. I love sharing recipes.

Here I am, in the house after 4 hours in the yard. It is starting to get better. DH cut his 5th tree this morning. It got hung up on another and was quite a puzzle getting it to fall. But now, the driveway is a straight path with no zigzagging between the pines. I will like backing out much better.
    We have the air set at 80. Still warm b ut warmer outside. I am reading you all's posts about opening the house and closing it up. THe AC guy said that was hard on the unit because of humidity. Any thoughts? I hate not being able to have the windows open at night.
    I have loaded another 20 wheelbarrows full of pine needles and moved them to the edge of the yard. They are prolific little fellows. I don't know if they will eventually turn to dirt or not.
    My friend from Tenn. is driving here as we speak. She is going to spend three days. Then on Sunday some folks from the restaurant are coming for three days. Coastal property seems to make us popular. But boy is it hot. Too hot to go out on the water in the boat by the time we get our work done. I think maybe we should skip the work for a few days and go out early.
    I have been washing dishes by hand because the old dishwasher seems to put out an awful lot of heat. Do the new models put out lots of heat too?
    Off I go. A blessed day for all.
    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
    Terry

Comment

• baslp
      baslp commented
      Editing a comment
      We have a 3 yr old Bosch dishwasher . It is very quiet and puts out little heat.

• K. McEuen
      K. McEuen commented
      Editing a comment
      AC units have to work twice as hard to cool things down as they do when keeping an area cool, so what your guy told you is correct. I had to convince my mom of that when her AC was acting up, once she stopped the off and on stuff, it ran a lot better without any issues,

• JCY
      JCY commented
      Editing a comment
      We bought a new Crosley D/W within the last year. It is very quiet & puts out little heat.

We don't have A/C, but I suspect the thermostat should be set & left alone 24 hrs./day. Re: furnaces - we used to turn back our thermostat at night, but it would take time to warm the house in the morning, & DH didn't like the chilliness in the mornings. We now leave it on the same setting 24 hrs./day. It keeps the house a consistent heat, & we actually use less gas that way.

Good afternoon everyone. I enjoy catching up on your days when i have time to read the posts, but don't always have time to post. Work has been slow the past few days, but I keep waiting for the bomb. I'm sure next week something will happen to be super busy again. Haven't done anything in the sewing room for a few weeks now. I did have a neighbor bring over some fabric her girls picked out for masks. So that is on the agenda for this weekend. Tomorrow I need to take my vehicle in for servicing. Nothing else planned. Trying to decide on either a scrappy quilt top to work on or put a top on the longarm to quilt. I will get in the sewing room this weekend.

Comment

Working...
    X