Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• redcaboose1717
    commented on 's reply
    No, not bored here....I love seeing everyone's quilts.
    I just misplaced my cell-phone and need to find it. I've done this (lost the phone) a few times in the past.....and usually always find it, but it does worry me at times. I've got a lot of photos on my phone I should back up!!!

• KPH
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Karen, That's what I'm looking for. I'm still trying to figure out what I'm doing with this wall hanging. lol, so far, I have a VT pinwheel in the middle. I'll have to get some solids or marbled fabric, and go from there.

• KarenC
    commented on 's reply
    Hobby Lobby has some VT fabric. Don't know if this is what you're looking for. https://www.hobbylobby.com/search/?t...ia+tech+fabric

• CarlieBlilie
    commented on 's reply
    I usually use peanut butter and that irks for my two dachshunds. However my daughter has one dachshund that will onoy take her meds with a pill pocket.

• CarlieBlilie
    commented on 's reply
    Love it. Blue was my mothers favorite color. I am not bored with your pictures either!

• geegeequilts
    commented on 's reply
    Always love blue & white quilts. This is a beauty. Gina

• Monique
    commented on 's reply
    It is also my favorite colour, hint, hint, wink wink!!!!

• baslp
    commented on 's reply
    I really like your quilt esp the borders.

• Cathy F
    commented on 's reply
    Will be waiting for you and Jeff, let me know when to start cooking!

• Cokie
    commented on 's reply
    I second the pill pockets. We used to use them for our dog. She could find the pills in anything else and spit them out.

• Cokie
    commented on 's reply
    I remember when you made that quilt. I absolutely love it. Love the blues and the border on that one. One of these days I'll try a scalloped border.

• Bubby
    commented on 's reply
    Pill pockets are made for hiding pills. They come in chicken and beef flavor. I recommend the chicken. Get them from your vet.

• JCY
    replied
    Good Morning Again ~ Yest. we had sweet relief from the heat. The high was 82, but most of the day it was in the upper 70's. This a.m. it's a bit hazy from ozone. It's an air quality alert day. But it's sunny. More 90's after today.

I've been searching for new 1 qt. plastic freezer storage containers. I've been using the current ones for many years, & unfortunately, a few of them are cracking & wearing out. I did a search on line. I found what I wanted locally at our Ace Hdwr.; they were cheaper than the on line ones, & no shipping. I drove right up & picked up 4 pkgs. (of 3 each), Vit. Cot. is next door, so I restocked my Kombucha supply & bought a case of soy milk. Made a quick stop at my LQS just to browse, but didn't buy anything.

I couldn't pass up the DD today on Jordan's Fabrics for a Kaffe Fassett mystery bundle (20 FQs). I received $20. from my stepson for my BD, so there it went, plus a little more.

We had our monthly guild mtg. on Zoom last eve. The way things are going with this C-19 virus, we'll be doing the same for the rest of the year. Our annual tea was cancelled. Some of the sew days & retreats have been cancelled. The Sept. retreat still is up in the air. Our annual quilt show will have to be done virtually. The exec. bd. is readjusting plans to do things virtually. We are in the midst of a JR challenge. Quilts have to be turned in by Sept. I'm planning to donate the Smoke & Fire quilt for that. It will be a fund raiser auction which now will need to be done on line, virtually.

Our guest last eve. was Scott Fortunoff, CEO of JAFTEX Corp., which is a 4th generation textile business in NYC. They are celebrating 90 years. They carry such brands as Henry Glass, Blank Quilting Corp., several others, & acquired the Free Spirit line with Kaffe Fassett, Tula Pink, & others from Coats & Clark. He's a very high energy guy & admitted to being OCD. He told about visiting KF's & Brandon's home in the UK. It was interesting to learn about the fabric business from his perspective. They are working on introducing new lines of fabrics months in advance. We got a sneak peak at some fabrics that will be coming out in a few mos. (We promised not to tell.) He stated that the best quality fabrics are made in S. Korea & Japan. Scott also gives away sewing machines to needy people.

Several of our guest speakers we had engaged for future meetings have cancelled due to C-19. Many speakers are having to redesign how they can present their programs & classes virtually. Our program chairman has been following Scott on fb & contacted him to speak to our mtg. We were fortunate to get him so quickly. He presented first, rather than after our usual mtg., because he was on EDT & it was so much later there.

Well, time for a late breakfast & to get on with my day.

Leave a comment:

• JCY
    commented on 's reply
    Viewing pictures of quilts is never boring.

• Debbie Watters
    commented on 's reply
    Love to see all your beautiful quilts!
Working...
X