• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hulamoon
    Missouri Star
    • Jul 2012

A little covid story

Way back in March, when this unfortunate thing was just starting to show it's ugly butt, I was trying to buy a charm pack on Etsy. A Riley Blake stackers. I had one already and it took all my searching to find this little 5'' pack to add to it.

The seller said I'm so sorry, I'm shutting down. I told her I understand, stay safe and if you still have it later I'll grab it from you. So June 24th comes around and she writes that she's open if I still want it. I do and ask if she's okay and stuff. She sends it off and it never gets here, it got sent back to her. She is feeling so sick and say's she's going to send me a layer cake of the same thing. No, no, no I can't accept that.

Look what she sent!

etsy gift.jpg

Okay now I'm sick. I have to do something. But what?
    🌺 Lorie
  • MSN
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2017

Perhaps make a little something (a potholder, perhaps?) from some of that fabric and send it to her. Don't make it anything too big and wonderful, or she will feel indebted to you. And give her Etsy store a really good rating.

Comment

• Hulamoon
      Hulamoon commented
      Editing a comment
      She reimbursed me for the charm pack too. I gotta do more than a potholder.

• bubba
      bubba commented
      Editing a comment
      A potholder and macadamia nuts?
  • GuitarGramma
    Missouri Star
    • Apr 2012

Bubba's right ... but make it CHOCOLATE COVERED macadamia nuts!
    Toni (Southern California) ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

• redcaboose1717
      Missouri Star
      • Apr 2011

How about a couple of pairs of Pillowcases? Of course I mentioned this when I want to send something to someone or if something like this happened to me, which it has. The person I sent 3 pairs of Pillowcases to was overjoyed. Said she slept with two pillows under her head at night and the 3 sets of cases were an amazing gift!
      Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
      http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

• Carol336
        Missouri Star
        • May 2013

nice little table runner

Comment

• MHG Winnower
          Missouri Star
          • Nov 2015

Perhaps the best thing you can give her is an incredible "thank you" (of course, your words) in the comments section for her store. If she is a seller; she may also be a maker. There are so many selling, why not put her at the top!
          “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
          “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

• Monique
            Missouri Star
            • Jan 2011

WOW that was more than generous on her part. I agree, give her a fabulous rating.
            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• grammaterry
              Missouri Star
              • Dec 2015

Yup, sometimes kudos are worth more than money
              success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
              Terry of NC

Comment

• Vonnie
                Missouri Star
                • Apr 2013

I agree, top rating and chocolate covered nuts - or something that's unique to Hawaii - she probably already has lots of fabric made items.
                Vonnie

Comment

• jjkaiser
                  Missouri Star
                  • Oct 2013

A nice note and gift card to Starbucks or Amazon? Wow I think it is amazing she sent you all that stuff! Can you post the name of her etsy shop so we can ALL buy from her. Or are you hoarding her name lol

Edit: I don't mean share her name so we can all order there expecting extra goodies, just to iincrease her sales, you know
                  Jocelyn
                  South Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Comment

• Hulamoon
                    Missouri Star
                    • Jul 2012

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
                    A nice note and gift card to Starbucks or Amazon? Wow I think it is amazing she sent you all that stuff! Can you post the name of her etsy shop so we can ALL buy from her. Or are you hoarding her name lol

Edit: I don't mean share her name so we can all order there expecting extra goodies, just to increase her sales, you know
                    I was just coming in to say something about that. she only has 32 items in her shop right now and I'm getting the feeling she is young. This was way to generous to give me this bundle for free. I'm going to send her a jelly roll to sell or keep and make her a bracelet. One of those bangle ones on memory wire, and some Kauai mac nut cookies. I can't with all my heart just leave a good review when this story became so personal between us. I just couldn't live with myself.

🌺 Lorie

Comment

• GuitarGramma
                      Missouri Star
                      • Apr 2012

Lorie, that's really nice of you. What a wonderful way to repay the seller's kindness. She's going to fall in love with macadamia nuts AND be forever grateful to you.
                      Toni (Southern California) ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

• Hulamoon
                        Missouri Star
                        • Jul 2012

Originally posted by GuitarGramma View Post
                        Lorie, that's really nice of you. What a wonderful way to repay the seller's kindness. She's going to fall in love with macadamia nuts AND be forever grateful to you.
                        Thanks 😊 I changed my mind on the pre-cut. I'm sending some pretty (not loud) Hawaiian fabric. I asked her favorite color and birthstone for the bracelet. She'll be left wondering what's coming. 😁
                        🌺 Lorie

Comment

• GuitarGramma
                          GuitarGramma commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Perfect. We mainlanders don't get a lot of good Hawaiian fabric choices!
                      Working...
                      X