Dogs.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dogs.....

This is sooooo not quilting, but— my Boston Terrier, Max, died at 14 years a couple of weeks ago. I thought I would just be dogless for a while, but this isn’t working for me! I am looking for (preferably) a Boston Terrier or French Bulldog. I live in Oregon and have looked EVERYWHERE- I’m on every website and shelter in Oregon and quite a few in Washington. I’m finding pups are very expensive (when they can be found) and I have an upper limit I’m willing to go- anyhow, just thought I’d throw this out there in case anyone has the perfect dog for me. Max was a purebred rescue and finding him was totally serendipitous. If this post is inappropriate, I do apologize, and do tell me and I’ll behave in the future. Thank you!

I can’t help you find a dog but I sympathize with you. I think you’ll find your next best friend in the same way you found your last one. That’s been my experience with getting pets, anyway. Good luck to you & don’t stop looking. 😉
    May the road rise up to meet you...
    May the wind be always at your back...
    May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
    Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss and I hope you'll find a new companion soon. I have a Maltese-ish mutt that I found at the Humane Society. She's great company.
      Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I'm so sorry you lost your beloved Max. Sorry you went thru that & didn't let us know. We are VERY pet friendly here. Hope you find another furbaby to love soon. Gina

Comment

I know how it is loving a certain breed. I just adore Himalayan kitties. I had one that was half Siamese when I first moved here, but you just can't find them on a small island.

How about a Facebook group?

https://www.facebook.com/WestCoastBostonsAndBullys
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

Are the dog parks in your area open? If yes you could stalk other dog walkers there who might be able to help. I am sorry for your loss. I love dogs too and can imagine how lost and lonely you are feeling. Tell everyone you know and keep your ears open. Check bulletin boards by the grocery store, and don't overlook small community newspapers that often run tiny ads. Sometimes large vet offices or in my town, Milwaukee, there's a 24 hour emergency vet/animal hospital that lets people post looking for or home wanted notices on their lobby bulletin boards. Don't give up! There is a dog out there for you. I just know it.

Comment

It's been six long months since we lost Yoda. He was a 15.5 year old Schnoodle that I loved dearly. There are times I want a dog so bad it hurts, but none would live up to him, so I have not gotten one. My best friend is getting an Australian Terrier in August and it might put me over the edge.....
              pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

First off I'm so sorry for your loss. Have you looked at specific breed clubs. You can usually find national breed clubs through AKC. Often times they have breed rescues affiliated with them. I have noticed during this whole covid situation that many people are wanting a companion dog so the number of pets available in shelters is greatly reduced.

Comment

Originally posted by Karmagurl View Post
                  This is sooooo not quilting, but— my Boston Terrier, Max, died at 14 years a couple of weeks ago. I thought I would just be dogless for a while, but this isn’t working for me! I am looking for (preferably) a Boston Terrier or French Bulldog. I live in Oregon and have looked EVERYWHERE- I’m on every website and shelter in Oregon and quite a few in Washington. I’m finding pups are very expensive (when they can be found) and I have an upper limit I’m willing to go- anyhow, just thought I’d throw this out there in case anyone has the perfect dog for me. Max was a purebred rescue and finding him was totally serendipitous. If this post is inappropriate, I do apologize, and do tell me and I’ll behave in the future. Thank you!
                  You might try this. We have been watching one for AZ Cavalier rescue. Periodically they email us with rescue possibilities. I hope you find your perfect fur-baby soon. It's so hard to be lonely for our little ones.

http://bostonterrier.rescueshelter.com/Oregon
                  Last edited by cv quilter; July 10, 2020, 01:20 PM. Reason: misspell
                  A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

Thank you all so much for your understanding and compassion. I’m happy to report I have found my next pup! His name will be ‘Watson.’ He’s only 1 week old, so I won’t be bringing him home til 8/30. He has a cleft lip, but his palate is intact and he is, despite looking rather like a guinea pig right now, quite adorable. Oh, and he’s a Boston Terrier, which is what Max was and what I wanted. 💜

Comment

• Hulamoon
                      Hulamoon commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'm so happy for you! how did you find him?

I'm so happy you found Watson. Losing Max is such a hard thing to go through. Have fun with your new puppy that's what it's all about and I'm sure Max will be proud of you that you opened your heart to another adventure. They are very loving like that.
                    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Working...
                    X