Wednesday hellos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday hellos

Good morning friends. It will be another scorcher today with little rain in site. Although we did get some rain in the night not sure how much fell. We need a few days of rain.

Well I got my hole dug. I was only asked once about the hole, told him I was digging a grave, LOL!!

I finished up another set of blocks and will add the last sashing and then the final pieces to the blocks. I was asked for more masks as they are becoming mandatory. I will probably get those done today.

I am thinking road trip today with hubby. I have a craving for some wings, and maybe a fabric fix at the quilt store while I am around. Hubby needs his watch band fixed as well. We will see how today goes.

Other than than, not much happening. Hubby's birthday is Sunday but the boys won't be coming. So it will be a quiet birthday as mine was back in April.

Have a great day everyone. Stay cool and safe.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Mornin Monique and fellow crafters!

It’s been super hot and humid here for almost 2 weeks. No rain and everything is burning up. We’ve planted a few veggies and keep them watered. Although we won’t have any onions. Squirrels keep eating/playing with them. I’m sure they will “enjoy” the tomatoes and dukes when they fruit. I wish they would move.....to another state!

I keep plugging along. Still waiting for tests. Next one Friday and then the obligatory week wait to see the doc for results. I’m not complaining, so many are in worse shape than me.

Our area has lots of new virus cases and deaths. A friend of my husbands has contracted it. He has double lung pneumonia, on oxygen and has balance issues from the virus. I’m so over hearing about this virus. We need some happy news.

Haven't been sewing much. Seems like it takes longer just to get the every day stuff done. But I plod along.

Monique, I hope your “grave” needs no more digging! Have a fun, blessed day and enjoy! Hugs to you 💖

For all else out there....I wish you all a most blessed and peaceful day 💕
    💫 Star lover

Comment

• Nwmnteacher
      Nwmnteacher commented
      Editing a comment
      I use Liquid Fence at the cabin to keep critters away from my plants. It smells terrible, but it works. At home we have a fence around the garden.

• CarlieBlilie
      CarlieBlilie commented
      Editing a comment
      It's been the same here, 2 weeks of hot, humid weather and we have at least another 10 days according to the weather reports. I would like to enjoy our gardens outside but not with this heat.

• Star lover
      Star lover commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the tip. Gonna try to find it!

Good morning!

It is hot and humid here, too. We won't see any relief until Saturday at the earliest. Even then it's supposed to warm up again. My sister said her visit with Mom was only 20 minutes yesterday, due to either the air quality or heat index or both. When I called her in the morning to tell her to go without me, she said one and when I talked to her last night she said something else. I haven't been listening to the weather report, just looking at the numbers. I don't listen to the news. I read it online. Sometimes I just look at the headlines and move on.

My sister had a good visit with Mom. She did say Mom's clothes look way too big. She is going to go through the clothes we didn't send with her and see if there are clothes that will fit. There should be; the clothes were too small for Mom a few months ago. I'm glad I talked my sister out of donating them. She takes great joy in getting rid of stuff.

I have several errands to run today; I'm not looking forward to being out in the heat. Whatever my health issue was yesterday, it was isolated to the early morning and I was just tired the rest of the day.

Time for my morning cup of tea. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

It is raining here again, I do not remember a Summer with quite this much rain. It is probably good for us, the plants seem happy.
      I found out yesterday that a friend and her husband both have covid, so far their symptoms are not very bad, I hope things don't get worse. I also found out another friend needs a heart valve replacement. He is caring for his wife that had a stroke as a result of radiation to her brain for cancer. I have no problems.😢
      I did some fmq on my pop stars quilt and may get it finished today or at least ready for binding. IMG_1327.JPG
      I hope everyone has a happy, peaceful day.

Comment

• Nwmnteacher
        Nwmnteacher commented
        Editing a comment
        Claire, your home and flowers are beautiful!

• Patricia Drew
        Patricia Drew commented
        Editing a comment
        Just lovely! What are the yellow flowers ? They remind me a bit of potentilla bushes I had years ago.

• Claire Hallman
        Claire Hallman commented
        Editing a comment
        They are lantana, wonderful, and they come back year after year. So far they have bloomed continuously but some years they rest between two or three sessions of blooming.

Good morning. It will be another scorching day here too. I did make some progress on the baby quilt yesterday. I got the backing pieced and sewed. Now to sandwich it. I have to shut myself in a room to do this since I would have cats and dogs trying to help.

I have to go into the city for a doctors appt. later this morn. Hopefully it will not be a little nag wait to get into a room. I suffer from TMJ. If I did not take this appt. his next one was in Nov.

have a good day. Stay cool.
      Beth

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Hot is the word for here, too. It was 100 deg. yest. Fire danger is very high for much of the state.

I took it easy yest. My only sewing was to make a sample block of the current quilt. Maybe 30 min. of sewing. I prepared several greeting cards for the mail & watched more of Rory Feek's videos on YT. This a.m. I plan to get outside again & get those impatiens planted. I also have 3 purple fountain grass to be planted in pots.

Anita ~ Those squirrels can be real pests! I didn't know they liked onions. They eat the crab apples in our 2 trees. Years ago before we had a screen door on the back door of the garage, one came in the garage & chewed the gasket on our freezer door. I wonder if it could smell the nuts inside. DH repaired the door with caulking. He promptly installed a screen/storm door to prevent any further problems. Now if only we could keep the mice out of the garage. We had the most problem this winter we've ever had. We caught at least 14 over the winter mos.

DH is waiting for breakfast, so on with my day.

Comment

• Star lover
          Star lover commented
          Editing a comment
          Joy, I don’t think they “like” the onions. I’m thinking they are bored and it’s “full to play and chew them up.

Good morning everyone,

Today is a work day at J's, so just a quick check-in with you. I tried out the mask template from Creative Grids yesterday, and it worked well. I made the medium size, and it fit me well. I did the pleats in the sides. I think I'll use it again in the future. I also sewed 2 blocks from the scrap challenge site at Border Creek Station. I love how there are so many settings.

It rained during the night, and maybe more is on the way for the rest of the morning. Otherwise, we continue with temps in the 80's. Monday and Tuesday were really beautiful.

I better head for the shower and get ready for work. Enjoy your day! Jeanne

Comment

• CarlieBlilie
          CarlieBlilie commented
          Editing a comment
          There was so many thunderstorms around, did you get some of that? We did not get any rain at all. Seemed like it just fell apart before it got to us. Dave is watering today as we haven't had any rain for about a week or so.

• Nwmnteacher
          Nwmnteacher commented
          Editing a comment
          No thunderstorms. I didn't even know it had rained until I let the dogs out in the morning.

Good morning!
        Last week I spent about 11 hours over 2 days in 90* heat planting flowers. The previous owners of this house had humongous rhododendrons at the front of the house. We had those all torn out last fall. So where they were is where I planted the 31 flowers. That wasn't easy! Every time I dug a hole, I ran into very large roots. I eventually did get them planted. Anyway.... I didn't water them last night because we were supposed to get thunderstorms through the night. I don't think we got a single drop of rain. I can't remember the last time it rained. Highly unusual around here. So I guess I'll water them tonight for sure! It will definitely rain then.
        I think I'll work on my grandson Miller's teddy bear today. I'm anxious to get started on it! I can't wait to see how it turns out. Then I will get going on some actual quilts.
        Tea #2 is calling for me.
        Have a happy day!
        ~ Carol from PA

Comment

Good Morning...I had an appointment for a haircut this morning but my hairdresser cancelled. She thinks it’s too risky right now with the uptick in cases in our area. I was quite nervous about it and I’m not sorry she cancelled. I will find another way, even if Jeff has to help me trim my hair. Throughout the pandemic our county has had almost no cases. That has changed for us and the county to our immediate north. We live in the largest county area wise but our population is low.

It’s going to be another scorcher today. Jeff is outside with the Girls drinking his first cup of coffee.

There is nothing happening in my sewing room. I feel beyond burned out. I admire those of you who keep pushing on with your projects.

wishing everyone a good day. Hugs....
          Last edited by Bubby; July 8, 2020, 06:40 PM.
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good Morning all,

Yesterday was hot and humid. Boy, I sound like a broken record. From what I understood from the weather reports we can expect the same for the next 10 days or so. I don't remember a summer like this since I was in my teens, so a very long time. We haven't had any rain to amount to anything since a week ago Sunday. We keep seeing it on the radar and we get the dark clouds but it falls apart. Dave is watering the lawn again today even though there is a chance of rain tonight. It just doesn't seem to get here.

I worked on a quick little quilt for my grandson's best friend who just became a dad. I had a top that had bright colors with dinosaurs and frogs, great for a little boy, but when I sent a picture to my grandson he said that the mom loves elephants. I knew I had some cute flannel with an elephant and a dumbo print for the top. Got it put together and I think it turned out pretty good. I'm going to embroider some elephants on the top and then get it quilts. I was also able to get some more templates cut out for the sampler quilt. I can see that some are going to challenge me.

My son is still awaiting his checks. Convinced him to call the local SS office. He finally did and the person he was talking with was on the ball and is sending him a direct deposit card so we won't have to worry about when or if the check comes starting next month. However, they had to cancel his check from June and issue another and said to keep an eye out for the July check. I'm hoping it will be here today.

Laundry is on my list today and I will draw out the elephants for the baby quilt and get those started. Have a great day everyone.
            Carlie

Comment

• CraftyJnet
              CraftyJnet commented
              Editing a comment
              I have a friend on disability who received a visa card instead of checks. Unfortunately she lost a months disability when someone got the number and took all the money. She switched to checks that are auto-deposited because they are safer.

• CarlieBlilie
              CarlieBlilie commented
              Editing a comment
              I went with my son to set up a checking and savings acct when he first started getting disability. Then set up direct deposit. Not very nice to say but my son does not have much, if any, common sense. He overdrew both acts and they are now closed. Both his dad and I have tried to help him learn ho to manage his accounts though the years. The kid is 42 years old. You oils think he would get it by now. He says he cannot manage them so I think this will be the best solution for him. I will tell him he should be aware that his number can be stolen.

Hubby returned from his trip/interview in Arkansas last night. He was thoroughly disappointed; to travel the distance and the expense to attend this interview and the people doing the interview DID NOT express to my DH that he would be 1 of 15 applicants (in a group), being interviewed all at the same time. Had he known this? HE probably wouldn't have been out the expense. DH doesn't think that his 30 plus years pf experience will be an advantage point, since the interviewers stated they wanted someone with personality versus experience? So, DH has concluded that the company wants someone they can mold and manipulate for the position he applied for at a cheaper rate of pay. Back to square one.

I plan on still trying to organize and pack, just to be prepared for the first open opportunity in the NW Arkansas area. So frustrating!
            Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

• KPH
              KPH commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm so sorry your DH felt so disappointed. My son is going through the same issues with his job search. More and more they're talking about selling their house and moving into a camper giving Morgan the chance to be a traveling nurse.

Lifting prayers for a safe and secure job and you're finding something that will feel like home for you and yours.

• Monique
              Monique commented
              Editing a comment
              I am sorry it didn't go well.

I’m sorry to hear this, Sherri. I was thinking that a first interview should be done virtually online rather than taking the risk of traveling right now. It could have been done with Zoom and all of the applicants could have been together on one screen.

Keep your thoughts positive. The right opportunity will come along. I’m praying with you.
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• shermur
              shermur commented
              Editing a comment
              Barb...the company DH applied with didn't even offer a hone call interview or a Zoom interview. I thought the same thing when he stated the company insisted if he wanted an interview, he would have to physically be at the facility.

Good Morning All,

Well, the sun was shining but that's already changed. Clouds have moved in and it's looking dreary out there. I'll keep this rainy system, as it's keeping the heat down, and it makes it less desirable to get out! I think I'll get the batting out today and sandwich up two more of the uglies. I do need to figure out what I'm going to use for the binding.

Talk about side tracked. After I typed in about the binding, I decided to call Melinda and see what her suggestion would be. An hour later, we've decided on black. It would frame out the uglies and go with the back as well. So, I'll get out my bolt of black and start cutting strips to start work on that. We had a nice visit, discussed education and lack of responsibility of anyone in charge. Nothing will change there, that's for sure.

Mike's up, the garbage has been picked up and the can is back in the garage. Time to move on to more important things, lol, like the dust I noticed while on the phone with Melinda. It's not going to leave without a little help.

Have a great day!

Katrina
            “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Hello to all,

It's a muggy day in PA. The weather channel keeps predicting rain/storms, but like others, they get close and then disintegrate. We're watering our zucchini and beans every night.

I spent yesterday quilting with my embroidery machine on the quilt I've been working on for months. It's finally coming together and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I've already finished the large designs on 42 blocks. Now I'm doing smaller designs for the areas between the big blocks; there are 56 of those. I actually bought another smaller Snap Hoop Monster so I could do these smaller designs. It would be so much easier if I could just FMQ but neuro damage has affected the coordination of my arms. It's never going to happen.

This morning I went walking and was able to get in a respectable 3.6 miles, but it was a struggle with the humidity. Then I got a break because I had to go grocery shopping and got to be in air conditioning for quite a while. Now I'm back home and it's 85 degrees here by my desk. I'm beginning to console myself by saying "Fall is Coming."

Well, lunch is over and it's time to throw the clothes into the dryer. I'll do it slowly because the dryer is in the basement and it's cooler........have a wonderful day!

Barbara

Comment

Working...
              X