Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Momofmonsters5
    commented on 's reply
    We have a great dog as well that we rescued last year. She sheds something terrible. I had to put up my carpets. Shes great except for the shedding.

• CarlieBlilie
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Bubby. We’ve been trying a spray and it works to get them off but they keep coming back. I’ll get some Sevin tomorrow.

• KPH
    commented on 's reply
    I went and had my hair cut, then I wished I hadn't. I'm going to let it grow out again. It's always gray, so no worries about coloring.

• KPH
    commented on 's reply
    That looks great! I keep a hanging on my front door, don't have a front porch, as much as I would love one.

• JCY
    commented on 's reply
    I know of at least 2 people in my church who deal with Lyme Disease on a chronic basis. No fun. I hope your dau. gets better.

• JCY
    commented on 's reply
    Lovely! I would never hang out anything on my porch for fear it would be stolen.

• Bubby
    commented on 's reply
    I hear you about your hair. Mine hasn’t been cut since the first of February. I normally wear it in a short bob. It’s now down to my shoulders and I can put it in a ponytail. I have an appointment for a haircut Wednesday!

• Bubby
    commented on 's reply
    We have Japanese Beetles every year. We spray ours with liquid Sevin. It really takes care of them.

• Dove
    replied
    It's afternoon now, just a little late getting on here again after reading a few posts this morning. We had such a great day yesterday with lots of family here! We had my two daughters and their families and Mike's son, son's girlfriend, grandson, sister, aunt, and cousin. Seventeen of us altogether. It was the first that I've met some of his family. It was a very hot day but we were able to stay out on the deck with the table umbrella and the awning. The little kids played in the sprinkler and had a blast getting soaking wet.
    We had the drawing for the quilt that I made. My younger daughter won it. She was happy- she said she was wishing she had another quilt for in the camper.
    My older daughter just found out that she has Lyme disease. She thought she had an infected mosquito bite. After the area getting worse, (no target shape showed) she eventually went to urgent care. She'll be fine- they prescribed antibiotics for a couple weeks. I think it's the fatigue more than anything that's getting to her. I just hope she does ok at work- she works three 12-hour shifts a week at the hospital, in ICU.
    So today we aren't doing anything! I just cleaned up the deck a bit this morning and put things away. Today will be a day of recovery.
    There was a lot of noise last night from neighbors' fireworks but not much past 10:30 or so. Only one of the dogs was bothered. The other dog is never bothered by anything and the two cats didn't care about the noise either.
    Hope everyone has a happy day!

Leave a comment:

• Paisley
    commented on 's reply
    Your porch looks lovely with the table runner. Somehow I missed that suggestion but I’m going to make some for my porch.

• Claire Hallman
    commented on 's reply
    I needed a haircut before this all started and by now it is sure scraggly. My sister said last night " I see you have covid hair, too", she is right.

• Claire Hallman
    commented on 's reply
    I am so glad to see you posting again, you have been missed.

• KPH
    replied

Good Morning All,

Well what a noisy day it was, and it started long before sunset with thunderstorms off and on all afternoon. After dark the neighborhood was busy with fireworks. Gabby finally calmed down and in a lull, she went out. Bless her heart, she'd just squatted and another round of fireworks went off. Thank goodness, I kept her on the leash. I kept telling her go on and finish, I'd watch out for her. Needless to say, she didn't linger! She was a snuggler last night for sure.

I didn't do a whole lot of anything yesterday. We had left overs for dinner and will have more left overs tonight. I talked to Jim twice. He's really enjoying restudying William Wilberforce. I doubt that I even need to watch his presentation, but I'm getting a lot of what he's cutting due to the time constraints. They haven't found out anything from his FIL's covid test yet, which is making Jim even more antsy. I don't know if Morgan's heard anything from hers, either. I figured with a holiday, we probably won't hear anything until later next week from ours.

I'm feeling the need to do something creative today. Not sure what I'll get myself into, but hopefully I'll find something to fill that need.

I won a package from 2 Blind Brothers. I was shocked There was a pair of their sunglasses and a Braille bracelet. Whoot, whoot. I asked Jim who we could give the sunglasses to, because we all wear glasses. I was hoping there would be some of their socks in the gift, because my kids love there socks!

Well, time for church on line. Have a great day!

Leave a comment:

• Mimi_Howard
    replied
    Good Morning all. Like most here, my neighborhood also did more than their fair share of fireworks, and those that sound like bombs... UGH. And since history does have a way of repeating itself, there wild will be more in the coming days. Seems they always hold back a few for the next day and the next and....

I did manage yesterday to finish the baby quilt..... oh it was not a smooth adventure at all, but the journey is done!

Hope all have a safe and relaxing day today.

Leave a comment:

• Ginny B
    replied
    Good morning all. It was a nice, relaxing day yesteday. Did a bit of sewing and then just sat outside and read and chatted with hubby while the ribs slowly smoked on the grill. Dinner was yummy. Then it got real noisy. We sat outside on the front porch for a while. There were so many people setting off fireworks in the neighborhood. The ones that burst into pretty colors I can take but the ones that just sound like a bomb are not very appealing to me. After a while I just came inside. I had to close all the Windows because of the noise (couldn't here the tv) and the smell of the smoke. I put on a Hallmark Christmas movie that I had recorded while we were getting Hallmark for free. I hope it is quieter tonight.

Today I will do a bit more on the flag wallhanging. My goal is to have it on the wall within the next few days. I've got the baked ziti and sauce all ready for dinner so the rest of the day is now mine to do whatever I want. I see sewing, reading and some spider plant babies potting in my future.

Have a good day everyone. Stay cool, safe and healthy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X