Good Morning Saturday! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Morning Saturday! :)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ It's a mild morning. It didn't cool off all that much last night. It still was 80 deg. when I went to bed. It's 66 this a.m. It's supposed to be in the 90's again. Oh well, it's July; it's to be expected. The highest temp. I remember at our house was years ago; it was 117. It usually doesn't go over 105. Hard to believe it's already July 4. I hope people will use good sense to celebrate today & stay safe. There will be no fireworks here & many places around the country. I'll watch on TV tonight. I usually watch A Capitol Fourth.

In order to avoid Walmart on the holiday today, I ran my errands yest. Needed to pick up 2 Rx's & a few items. Also stopped at Safeway. It's the only place I can find my Sobe vit. water. There were only 2 bottles on the shelf, so I special ordered 3 cases. Last stop was the bakery.

I did not make it to the sewing room yest. Maybe today. I need to plant my 3 purple fountain grass; two go in pots on the patio. The other one goes out front in a planter. I'm way behind this year with my plantings & weeding.

Good Morning Everyone & Happy 4th.

Wishing you a good 4th of July, Joy. It sounds like you need to stay indoors and stay cool. We have been having storms nearly every day but so far we have gotten very little rain. Everything is getting crispy and brown. We have way too much to water everything. We didn’t set out flowers this year so we don’t have to worry about them. Our hardy hibiscus look about ready to burst into bloom any time now.

We finished putting together our drop cloth curtains for the living room and really like them..totally no sewing. I tried to post a picture here and can’t make it work. After I choose picture size nothing happens.

Wishing everyone a safe and happy holiday weekend.

Last edited by Bubby; July 4, 2020, 06:30 AM.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• CarlieBlilie
      CarlieBlilie commented
      Editing a comment
      We have a hardy hibiscus, too but isn't any where close to blooming. Usually starts in August. We re fighting those darn Japanese Beetles. They attack the hibiscus, roses and impatiens. I've seen them this year in the hanging baskets. We just keep dumping them, when we catch them unaware, into soapy water.

Good Morning All,

Happy 4th of July! Stay safe! The beaches here are open, but I'm not planning to be anywhere but inside my house, today!

Thursday night, Cecelia called. Her friend's son, that we had dinner with on last Friday night tested positive for covid. sigh, Yesterday, at Jim's insistence, Mike and I went down to Lot J to get tested at the 'free' test site. Well, that was unpleasant- if you include the 2 hours waiting in line in the car with the sticking a stick up my nose. I kept thinking about the boy at Boy Scout Summer Camp that jabbed himself with a stick up his nose, the only ER trip we made in our 12 years of Scout leadership.

It's already been a week, neither of us have any symptoms but it's a peace of mind thing for Jim. Here's the kicker, Cecelia can't get in to get a test until Monday and a friend of hers can't get in for a test for two weeks. Hopefully, our results will be back Monday but it could be as long as next Friday. Jim was like, well, uh you're two weeks will be up by then. Well, duh! I'm staying positive about all of it and will probably avoid using batting for this next week to keep my allergies from acting up.

They haven't heard anything about Jim's FIL's test yet. So Jim and Morgan are still their personal lock down. Hopefully, they'll hear back from that soon. Jim is supposed to teach the first of the summer series on Wednesday night. If his FIL's test is positive, he'll be teaching it on Zoom from home. He's looking forward to doing this study on William Wilberforce.

Time to get busy! Have a wonderful 4th!

Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Monique
      Monique commented
      Editing a comment
      Katrina I hope all the tests come out negative.

Good morning all. It's a nice morning here after a stormy evening and night. But we got a lot of work done in the yard in the morning yesterday because we knew it was going to be hot and humid before the storms came through. Then after we were done outside I had some sewing room time and made new curtains for the kitchen windows.
    20200703_134308.jpg20200703_140812.jpg
    I ordered some plain white tea towels and I am happy with them.

Today hubby will be making ribs on the grill and we will have some sweet potato fries and maybe some baked beans with them.

Have a safe and Happy 4th of July everyone.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

• CarlieBlilie
      CarlieBlilie commented
      Editing a comment
      Love the window treatment!

• Cokie
      Cokie commented
      Editing a comment
      Love your window. Before I was married, I lived in an old "carriage house" that had been converted into apartments. It was 112 years old when I moved in. It had big bay windows in the living room and kitchen, and a small one in the bedroom. The bigger windows had a window seat built in with a lid that lifted up for storage. I loved them! Had lots of plants in the windows.

• Rhonda K
      Rhonda K commented
      Editing a comment
      Pretty curtains for your windows. Your menu sounds delicious!

Good morning!

Happy 4th of July! I read on the internet that the stores might run out of fireworks this weekend. I can believe it. There were quite a few fireworks in the neighborhood last night -- we've had them for about two weeks. One of the neighbors set a couple off this morning just before 5 a.m. I was not happy about that. I'm sure there will be more fireworks tonight. Fireworks are illegal here, but the ordinance is rarely enforced. The last time I heard someone got in trouble was several years ago. Police responded to reports of gunfire only to find out they were fireworks.

I think I may have won battle #3 with the ants. They finally ate the Terro bait in the kitchen and I have seen only one since then. I have been in this house for eleven years and this is the first time they have been this bad. Maybe it was all the rain we had earlier in the year?

I don't have any real plans for today. I bought some ribs to cook up in the slow cooker. I might spend some time in the sewing room, enjoying the air conditioning. It will be another hot day today.

Have a wonderful day!

Screen Shot 2020-07-04 at 8.40.43 AM.png

Comment

• CarlieBlilie
      CarlieBlilie commented
      Editing a comment
      Julie, we have had an ant problem when we had a lot of rain, too. It seems it chases them to shelter.

• Monique
      Monique commented
      Editing a comment
      I have ant traps ALL over the house.

Happy 4th of July! We are staying home and my DH will smoke a brisket and ribs. I am make nag a trifle for dessert. I baked a gluten free angle food cake by scratch yesterday.
    thank goodness our brought is not having to heir fireworks tonight’s. We dread this event every year. Our animals have to suffer for 1.5 hours.

Have a a great day and stay safe.
    Beth

Comment

Happy July 4th to everyone, we are being independent, taking a chance and going to my sister's for dinner. I hope none of us regret it. All of us have been being careful, wearing masks and staying in.
      I have been shopping though, bought a new mattress for our guest bed. Almost everyone I noticed in the store was mask wearing, huge store with few people. There was no one in the mattress department so I did the Goldilocks thing and tried them all until I found one that is just right. Or at least I hope it is, hard to tell after 2 minutes, they all felt great to my achy back. I then went to Target and then Walmart since our Target doesn't have fresh things.
      There was a crowd at Wmart but everywhere else was peaceful.
      There was a shooting at a local mall, from a sheriff's wife friend of mine, it was gang related. Unfortunately a 8 yo child, bystander, was killed and 3 others injured. A horrible event and actually the second time something similar has happened there. I will not be going there again anytime soon, it will probably be the death of that mall.

Comment

• TMP
        TMP commented
        Editing a comment
        I can't remember the last time I went to the Galleria, Claire. It used to be a nice place to shop. So horrible that an innocent child was killed there. I agree with you that the mall will probably go under, people no longer feel safe when they go there. I haven't heard if the other people who were shot are okay or not. I wonder if they have caught the people that were involved in the shooting.

• Cathy F
        Cathy F commented
        Editing a comment
        I have not been to a mall in years, hate the crowds and avoid them now as much as possible, so sad an innocent child lost her life. Due to Covid our malls are still closed till they can figure out how to recirculate the air.

Good Morning.

Today is my son's birthday. Still remember that day so well. I was still 2 weeks away from my due date and I wanted to go up north fishing with my grandparents. My grandparents and parents, husband too said no. I called my grandpatprents after Jim was born (I was one of the lucky ones with very short labor) and said "It's a good thing I didn't come fishing". My grandmother's response was "You didn't have that baby, did you?" Actually that was her response when I had my daughter, too. 🤣

Yesterday was again very hot and humid. Watching the weather on TV last night it looks like we are not going to get any relief from this for at least neither week. We my get rain sometime next week but it is so far off it will probably change.

Picked, or rather pushed, a bunch of Japanese Beetles off our roses, hibiscus no hydrangeas. We try and drop them into soapy water. They are really bad right now. I can look out my front window and see them coming in for a landing on the hydrangea tree. I checked this morning when I let the dogs out and didn't see any yet.

We we will be going to my daughters let this morning. I'm looking forward to seeing them and spending time with them. Her oldest is going to be there, too. We have a special relationship with him as our daughter was only 16 when he was born so Dave and I were very involved in raising him until he was about 2. Even after his mom got married he was with us a lot. Christopher was just about 7 when his oldest sibling was born so he got lots of attention from us. His other grandparents didn't have much to do with him when he was very young.

I finished up up the wall hangings I've been working on. Also worked on the mystery quilt. It is coming together nicely. There will be 2 more clues before the top is done. Not sure that I will make it to the sewing room today but should be able to get some sewing done tomorrow.

Happy 4th to all. Stay safe and have fun.

Carlie

Comment

Hello again!

Well, surprise, surprise, my order from M* arrived this morning! I didn't expect it with the holiday. One of my yardage cuts was wrong -- I ordered 2 yards but they sent only 1. That has never happened before! Now the fabric is no longer available. 🙁 I sent an email to customer service but don't expect a response until next week.

I think I will look through the pattern book that came and enjoy a second cup of tea. Enjoy your day!

Comment

Happy 4th to all!

I'm still enjoying my coffee and browsing through the posts this morning. I will make breakfast for DH soon. Our daughter and grandson will visit this afternoon for some pool time. We will have a mini picnic with little hot dogs, cut fruits in mini cups plus mini marshmallows. It will be a fun day for the little guy. We used to have big celebrations and boat adventures to see the fireworks every year with our kids.

I'm going to make some cut outs on the cutting machine for grandson to decorate. He is allowed to play with clips and empty thread spools under my watchful eye. He is great unwinding bobbins for me too. I save the almost empty ones and let him finish the task.

Celebrate your 4th and enjoy your day!

Comment

Happy July 4th! We'll have a quiet day at home. The Ohio navy has arrived at the lake and there are too many people (local and otherwise) not wearing masks and social distancing to go out much. We watched some nice fireworks from home last night. We could see the show at the local marina and our neighbor also had some nice ones. There will probably be more tonight. It's nice to be able to stay home and see the shows.
            *~* Myrna *~*
            *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Happy Birthday, America!! A quiet day planned here today. Our son had invited us to the fireworks at the resort he's working at, then called us last night and told us to stay home - he said it's crazy there! That's OK with us - we weren't sure about going anyway due to the crowd. There have been fireworks around for the past few days. DH had a meeting for his ham radio club last night and got home about 100. He walked in the door and said, "Is this the 4th of July?" I said no, and he said, "Then why is everyone shooting off fireworks?" I think we'll just grill some burgers or hot dogs. I have potato salad and pasta salad in the fridge to go with it, and some fresh strawberries. Quiet and laid back day. Not sure what else we might do. It's going to be a hot day here and very humid. I woke up with a headache so I'm kind of easing into my day. Finishing a cup of coffee and then I'll get a shower and see what the day brings.

Stay safe and cool, however you choose to celebrate today!
              Last edited by Cokie; July 4, 2020, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Good Morning Everyone,

Happy 4th to all!! I woke up very early and worked on my Moda Block Head 3 block, probably a mistake because its sorta wonky. My seams are correct I think I must have measured wrong . Its such a small pieced block I will probably start over rather than pick it out.

Good news, the people that my daughter sent home from work because they said they were sick tested negative! Yesterday, she brought lunch and the kids over and I kept my distance while we ate outside. It was really hard not to grab them and hug them all over.

I went to Publix yesterday and I will say I have got better about going out and feeling so stressed although it still makes me nervous . I found Lysol wipes which in my book was a win, it was the first time I have even seen them since all this began.

I hope you all have a wonderful 4th.

Teresa

Comment

Good Morning and Happy 4th.

Opened curtains this morning and wall of fog... went to kitchen to make coffee, return to room and boom, the outside world is clear and sunny. Must have truly been at the end of the fog burn-off path for it to be gone that quick. Fireworks here and there for a month and last night they added the big boom ones, the ones that sound like a small bomb going off. Sure tonight will be even worse. And like others have mention, it is illegal but nothing is ever done about it.

I feel need for some fresh air time today so lawn mowing might be on todays list. Might that is !

Please stay safe everyone!

Comment

I guess I got an early fireworks show, Mother Nature must have been inspired. Thunder boomers, lightening flashers and knock out the TV pouring rains for about an hour. Gabby's still shivering and tucked herself up by my hip. It's a wonder I'm not sitting on her!
                    Katrina
                    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Working...
                    X