This store owner sure got fed up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This store owner sure got fed up

Fed up with people not wearing a mask when she asked.

covid sign.jpg
    🌺 Lorie

I hear ya sister!!
    Attached Files
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Yes, I do believe a store owner has every right to require customers wear a mask. If you don't like it then just don't go there, that is your right.
      One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Beth aka Asta

Comment

last night my A/C went out. the young man who came was required to wear a mask and shoe covers. He was talking to my son about wearing masks when out and neither of them think them necessary. then said maybe they do help a bit. A Bit goes a long way in helping. If we had all worn masks when this started i dont' think it would have gotten so out of hand. men especially think this is all silly. macho? who knows? I"m not macho. Customers everywhere still go without masks even if asked. the young man said this is a free Country. i said yep, sometimes too free. people think they can do anything. Me, go along with what is best for all. Everyone can help. even little old me. masks suck but the alternative is not good. So keep on truckin' everyone. stay safe please. 😕

Comment

• Momofmonsters5
          Momofmonsters5 commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree it's a macho man thing. My bf took forever to get on board...so annoying. He's a macho, alfa Male.

People need to understand that wearing a mask isn't so much about protecting yourself; it is about protecting others. But if EVERYONE wears a mask, that protects everyone. So if you refuse to wear a mask, you are basically saying, "I don't give a crap about anyone else." It isn't about your personal freedom, or that you might think you're invincible. It's about protecting the most vulnerable amongst us. Why would you not want to protect the vulnerable?

Comment

• nativetexan
          nativetexan commented
          Editing a comment
          Exactly!! you got it in one. just what was going through my mind this morning. I went to the UPS office and no one would stand apart, etc. ! made me upset I can tell you.

Yesterday I went to the post office to mail a pkg. I was wearing a mask. Lady in line ahead of me no mask. I waited a few feet behind her and noticed three signs in plain view , Masks are required (red letters all caps) in the lobby and at the window. So I say nicely to the lady in front of me, aren't yousupposed to be wearing a mask? The clerk behind the counter, NOT wearing a mask, overhears me and says masks are recommended not required. So they both look at me like I'm the wrong one! A man comes in to wait in line behind me and he is not wearing a mask either! So what is the point of posting these signs up, what people just don't care and do what they want and that is okay with the post office employees too? When I got home I was going to call the mgr of the local PO I was at to complain but try to find your local number, impossible!! All I could find was an 800 number for the USPS.

Comment

• MSN
          MSN commented
          Editing a comment
          If the sign says that masks are REQUIRED, it should be enforced. Unfortunately, few employees want to be the mask police, especially when customers become belligerent. It drives me crazy to see anyone, but especially management types, not wearing masks or wearing them incorrectly. We need to model good behavior if we want others to do the same. If this was a private business, I would recommend not patronizing them anymore. But it'd the Post Office, and you just don't have that option. It's hard. Perhaps a snail mail letter to your local PO?

I don't understand people who refuse to wear masks correctly or refuse to wear them at all. If nothing that has already happened and is going on right now will convince them, nothing will, except maybe if they or their family get sick.

My work requires employees to wear masks, but so many of my coworkers and even management and upper management don't take it seriously. It's beyond maddening. And if you raise a stink, you're just a nag. The human instinct is to shame these people, but that doesn't work. All you can do is control what you do. Maybe insist on 6ft distance at least.

Comment

It's the law here, so I do wear one when I go out (not in the car, but when I get out of the car). I don't know the science, but I'm willing to obey the rules. I don't enjoy wearing it, but my good friend is an ICU nurse, and she's been wearing TWO masks AND a plastic shield every day for her 12-hour shifts at the hospital for the past 3 months, so I really have no right to complain.

Today the cable guy came to replace our modem and fix something on the exterior of the house where the cable goes. He was very nice; he wore a mask, as did I and my son. It is pretty warm and very humid here today; I felt so bad for him, as his mask was perspiration-soaked by the time he had finished working. My son offered him something cold to drink, and he gladly accepted. We gave him some Crystal Light from the pitcher in our refrigerator, along with some ice, in a disposable coffee cup with a lid so he could take it with him. He thanked us and left. I looked at Tim & said, "Do you realize I just touched those ice cubes with my bare hands? That's such a no-no!" To which my son replied, "Mom, what you did is called loving your neighbor."

Comment

• Hulamoon
            Hulamoon commented
            Editing a comment
            I had a similar situation, but it was a few months back. An older gentleman came to diagnosis my fridge. I told him he could take it off because it was sooo hot and I'll stay over here. No, it was company policy. It's company policy for Instacart too. Most follow it. I don't say anything, because they just put bags down and leave after a couple hi's and bye's.

• MSN
            MSN commented
            Editing a comment
            SallyO'Sews, the route of transmission of the coronavirus is respiratory, so wearing masks is the priority. This is not a food-borne disease. I bet that cable guy was thrilled to get a cold drink, which he could enjoy in his truck where he can take his mask off. Your son is right.

As a nurse, I also wear a mask and a plastic face shield all day, every day, when I am at work. No one LIKES having to wear a mask, but that is the only way to slow the transmission of this deadly virus. It's a small price to pay, in my opinion.

The sign is sad but true -- one of my counterparts lost an aunt to Covid-19. The aunt did not leave her house during the lockdown; she caught the virus from a family member who brought her supplies.

My Texas sister emailed us this afternoon. Her SIL has tested positive for the virus. The SIL lives in an apartment attached to my sister's garage. They were talking Wednesday without masks and that's the first day her SIL had symptoms. I'm taking the contact tracer training and told my sister she needs to get herself in quarantine and notify anyone she has come in contact with that she was exposed.

Comment

• Hulamoon
            Hulamoon commented
            Editing a comment
            I hope she heeds your advice and that she's going to be okay.

OH my. Just saw photo on Yahoo of a lady wearing a mask that said "if you can read this, you are to close". yep I could have used a mask like that today when out shopping-again. Back to my hot house, $1800.00 less in my pocketbook. it is down to 78 now though, so yea.....

Comment

I just saw a posting that puts it in context. There are nine people doing crafts in a room. One of then is using glitter. How many projects have glitter on them?
            sigpic

Comment

• Hulamoon
              Hulamoon commented
              Editing a comment
              I just ran across this on instagram and thought where did I hear that before. It's true though, no one can escape from glitter. lol

Saw this in this morning's paper.

image.ashx?kind=block&href=MST%2F2020%2F07%2F04&id=Pc0090300&ext=.jpg&ts=20200704081243.jpg

Comment

Pam, I LOVE it!!!!! Gina

Comment

Then there are those that wear a mask but have it sitting under their nose.....
                Maria

Comment

Originally posted by Maria Sews View Post
                  Then there are those that wear a mask but have it sitting under their nose.....
                  I have seen that! Sadly, more than once!
                  Vonnie

Comment

Working...
                  X