• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monique
    commented on 's reply
    Build away....

• Monique
    commented on 's reply
    I will take a picture later when it it lighter out, lol!!

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
    replied
    Good evening,
    Late to the board -- I was up early enough with the chipmunk screeching outside the bedroom window at 6:30 am. There must be something annoying him, he continued most of the morning. I was slow getting going this morning. Yesterday we went to neighbours for a drink -- mostly drank lots of water and a glass of wine. It was so hot and humid even in the shade. Two of the ladies got weak from the heat in the evening. I don't move much when its like this. We have been and will be in a heat warning advisory for the next week. In the 90s-100 with humidity. Unbearable to be out for long, but perfect for indoor activities, as long as we don't lose power. I have been bugging DH to get a quote to have a generator hooked up to house. With hot summer and extreme cold winter ice storms, you never know when power will be lost, and I think it will get worse with climate change. I would rather plan ahead than be sorry. Friends of ours had it done, and very grateful, as her DH may be on home dialysis in future, and not good to lose power.

Today I spoke to mom. It was supposed to be a video chat, but I have issues every time, so I just talked to her on the phone. I also went for the Covid test - throat & nose today. It took about 1 1/2hrs from line up to end. Standing outside was a bit much for some, so they left. One lady passed out, and ambulance came. They were passing out water -- I cant believe people didn't bring some in this heat or wear a hat. If I want to have in-person visit with mom, I need to get a test every 2 weeks. Rules of visit -- 1 family member per week, 30 minutes outside under pergola at a 6' distance, no touching, no bringing of items or food. I will also have to wear a mask and make an attestation.

I tried to do a bit of yardwork -- got about 10' of beds cleaned up, removed a dead rose bush and then the wind and the rain started again. I cant catch a break, Maybe I will go out there early tomorrow morning. Thunder-storms expected in the next few days.

Have a good evening.

Leave a comment:

• KarenC
    replied
    Good evening everyone. I thought I would be on here earlier today. It was supposed to be my day off, so slept in (70). Started work about 9 this morning and worked through 50. So much for a day off. There is always so much to do and deadlines. Hopefully I am done with documenting SOX controls for a bit. I will log in again tomorrow. I am determine to finish reconciling some accounts so that I can document the processes and turn it over to a consultant. My boss already has my next projects in the planning stage, so need to put this one to bed. A coworker requested 8 more masks today.

Weather is hot here in TX. With the rise in COVID 19 cases, I have decided to stay home this weekend. Between work, quilting and lawn care, I should keep busy.

Mimi Howard and Julie, sorry you are having to deal with hospice patients. Extra hugs and prayers for you.

Stay safe everyone.
    Last edited by KarenC; July 2, 2020, 05:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• KarenC
    commented on 's reply
    Beautiful. I find that I really like blue/white and red/white quilts.

• KarenC
    commented on 's reply
    I have also shied away from her projects because of the small pieces, however I don't like tossing scraps. Since this one is free of HST's I may try it. My first experience with small pieces was recently a paper pieced pineapple block quilt, and I enjoyed it. Cut one day a week, and sew in small increments after work.

• Nwmnteacher
    commented on 's reply
    Now that's a really gorgeous quilt!!

• nativetexan
    replied
    Well yes it is Thursday and 96 C here and my air conditioner broke. goodness it was getting hot. i really keep it warmer in here than my son or granddtr might like but it keeps the bills down. sigh. I"m waiting on the repairman now. so much for my shower this morning! i'm working on a large "baby" quilt. jungle animals and bee fabrics. top is done.

Leave a comment:

• Mimi_Howard
    replied
    Good Morning all. Haven't posted much recently, busy with Mr. C and his care and hospice. Actually nurse is coming today and we have written things down to discuss with her and need pictures taken of couple areas to compare to those taken a couple weeks ago.

I moved my sewing machine into my bedroom this morning, testing my waters.... from my bedroom I can hear him in the living room but NOT from my sewing room. The reason I haven't done it sooner is because I can see my late fathers house from my bedroom window. But you know what.... seeing blue skies, sunshine and watching the world go by is relaxing! And actually when I look up and see his house, I think of fond memories... not those between Jan and March of this year.

And best of all... I got email from my attorney, California probate courts are finally open and my paperwork has been filed. Court date of August 20th set for blessing me with being Administrator of the Estate. Finally there is a light at the end of that tunnel. I am starting to feel that my sewing mojo might be finally waking up! When I sewed my dad would always ask "what are you building". Guess men build in their minds (LOL).

I started building a simple baby quilt this morning!

Hugs to all.

Leave a comment:

• JCY
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, that's correct. I've observed that the person starting a thread doesn't have the comment option. You either can click on her name & send her a private message or just comment the regular way & address it to her.

• CraftyJnet
    commented on 's reply
    What a lovely quilt!

• Cokie
    commented on 's reply
    Beautiful quilt. Would love to see a pic of the wall hanging with the sewing machines at the bottom, hanging above the quilt. :-)

• Cowgirl quilter
    commented on 's reply
    For some reason Monique’s post doesn’t give me that option- maybe because it’s the first one? Thanks for sharing the answer, anyway.

• Paisley
    commented on 's reply
    Your quilt is quite lovely.

• Paisley
    commented on 's reply
    Click on the three little dots to the right if the blue “Thanks!” box. You see the option to quote, comment or flag? I don’t know what flag means.
Working...
X