Chop....part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chop....part 2

After existing in a six block area of Seattle for nearly a month, the mayor order it to be disbanded, and this morning the police and other agencies moved in to do just that. It look absolutely disgusting.

I think all of us who live out in this area know the only reason it happened was because one of the city council members took the protestors and marched to the mayors house yesterday!! The mayor had originally said it was the summer of love and chop was no different than a street festival....oh, with murders, armed people walking around, etc.

Hopefully, this brings an end to it. We’ll see how it goes once it gets dark.

This was the police station after it was taken over.....
    They no longer let them use pepper spray, tear gas or tazers......

This is how they reacted to a reporter from Fox News being there....

Last edited by bubba; July 1, 2020, 07:06 PM.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Thank goodness the lawlessness is being reined in!
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

I saw that news. Good. Hope it gets cleared up and stays that way. It's always give people an inch, they will take a mile. just human nature i guess. but sometime it's enough all ready!

Comment

Bubba have you been safe? and anyone else in the area? This has been on our minds and hearts.

Comment

• bubba
          bubba commented
          Editing a comment
          I live in Tacoma, which is about 30 miles from where this is going on. So yes, we are safe.

Thanks for your concern!

Did you ever watch the movie Lord of the Flies? These people are a perfect example. But in the movie they are all children. Seems like some just don't grow up.
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

• bubba
          bubba commented
          Editing a comment
          I have seen the show and the play! These idiots were much worse, mainly because nothing was being done to stop them.

• Hulamoon
          Hulamoon commented
          Editing a comment
          I would loved to see that. The pictures you just posted are disgusting. Who the hell is going to pay for that. Sad

Hulamoon, answer to your question...the taxpayers. The same ones who voted in the Mayor of Seattle, who allowed this to go on so long.

Like Bubba, I live about 30 miles away too, just a different city. I was hoping when the protesters marched to the Mayors house that they would camp there for awhile, just so she would know how the resident in the CHOP zone felt.

Comment

• bubba
          bubba commented
          Editing a comment
          I was wishing the same thing!!!

Although it looks very militarized in some of these pics...it was absolutely what was necessary to put an end to this....not a single person was shot, or seriously injured during the dispersal...and the entire thing from the beginning to push them out, to the last person that left was 30 minutes, according to the news I watched. God Bless America.
        https://komonews.com/news/local/phot...p-zone#photo-6
        Last edited by auntiemern; July 1, 2020, 11:13 PM.
        Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
        sigpic

Comment

Wow, this must be so frightening for the law-abiding citizens. How awful these protests are getting. I certainly hope that things settle down. Its bad enough having to deal with Covid, but this is probably not helping people deal with underlying problems.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Working...
          X