Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nativetexan
    commented on 's reply
    You are just a skip and a jump ahead of me!!!

• Momofmonsters5
    commented on 's reply
    I just realized you're where my son is doing his AIT. He's in Jacksonville.

• JCY
    commented on 's reply
    I'm turning 78 this mo.

• nativetexan
    commented on 's reply
    yes, i'm already in a fairly safe investment. i can't afford to take lots of chances. Not a gambler. He did say when i'm 80 we will rethink things seriously. can't wait,yes I can!

• JCY
    commented on 's reply
    We played it safe & kept our $ in a fixed acct. Not as high of earnings, but no losses either. At my age, better to be safe than sorry.

• GuitarGramma
    replied
    (((((((((((Monique)))))))))))): I'm still feel so bad for your family. May your BIL rest in peace.

Thank you for your encouragement, friends, in my unpacking odyssey. I have managed to unpack three boxes since my last post! It really is hard to go from a huge house to a tiny cottage, especially when I really could be a hoarder if I didn't fight the tendency so hard. P.S. I don't even TRY to fight the tendency WHEN IT COMES TO FABRIC! But that's another subject.

DD#4 and the granddaughters spent the day here yesterday while her HVAC ducts got cleaned. She starts sneezing every time they turn on the air conditioner, so we're hoping this helps. We had such a nice time.

I fill in my odd moments with piano practice. I'm trying to learn a simplified version of the Superman theme song from the Christopher Reeve movies. I'm starting to smooth out the rough spots, so I'm having more and more fun with it. Can't wait to build a sewing room here! I miss quilting!
    Last edited by GuitarGramma; July 1, 2020, 05:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CraftyJnet
    replied
    Happy Canada Day to my northern friends! I haven't been near my sewing room. Too busy. I did get a new elastic for masks that is super soft and stretchy. It isn't like elastic at all, I can't describe it. As soon as I get a chance I will make a mask and test it out. I put together a pot roast, potatoes and carrots in the crock pot at 6am so at least we will have dinner ready when it is time. I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Leave a comment:

• NoOn49
    replied
    Happy Canada day Everyone! It will be a quiet one for sure-no official firework display.
    Haven't been sewing much, working in the garden and helping DH with our reclaimed wood swing glider. It got up on the back deck, last Monday. So very happy to have it!
    It should go up to 90 degrees F today! Glad we have ac and it is comfy in the house. We walked this morning before it got too hot. and we will do that again after 8pm.

Leave a comment:

• nativetexan
    replied
    So today is Hump day right? I just talked to my financial advisor on my IRA's and such. Not wonderful news but he said not to worry too much and to ignore all market happenings to come in the Fall. All will be well. I do hope he is right. He did mention if i had problems i might consider a reverse mortgage. not! I want to leave my home to my son or he will have no where to live. Now his keeping it afterwards is the thing to worry about. Wednesdays are hard enough. jump over that hump everyone and smile, smile, smile.... šŸ˜šŸ˜€šŸ˜‚

Leave a comment:

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
    replied
    Good morning everyone,
    Late - but still morning. Its been awhile, I don't know what I have been doing. Wait -- just busy with mom's care, life, shopping, new LA, housework, yardwork. Everything takes longer to do now. I have to schedule shopping, and have been successful in no line-ups. Dealing with weather - heat, high humidity, thunderstorms.

TODAY -- we are taking a break to celebrate Canada Day. It is definitely different this year. Since we live in the capital, all celebrations, fireworks and events are cancelled. Since I moved here, we used to go on Parliament Hill, and then with kids and friends to enjoy the day, staying overnight at Westin that overlooks the core. Gone are those days, but the memories last. Of late, we spend it at home, with friends and fireworks in the school yard / park. I don't think our community association is allowed to have them this year. We will enjoy drinks and snacks at good neighbours. Happy Canada and proud of our heritage.

Monique - so sorry to read about your brother-in-law. What a shock. I'm glad that his funeral was not too difficult in these circumstances
    Joy -happy to hear your husband was able to have his tooth problem fixed. That had to be painful, in any event, but necessary.
    Katrina - saw the beaches in JX and was surprised that folks are paying attention. Please be safe and your family also, you are in a hot zone.

Have a good day everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Nwmnteacher
    replied
    Good morning everyone,

We had a soaker last night! Water is standing in the slight "ditch" between the neighbors and us. We usually only see that in the spring during the snow melt. I hear the sump pump in the basement running. I slept through the whole thing, although it was thundering when I went to bed. Poor Sadie is frightened of thunder, so she headed under the covers.

Monique, I'm happy that the funeral service went well. Joy, good news that DH did well concerning the tooth extraction. Happy Canada Day to our northerly neighbors. We'll celebrate the 4th at the cabin. Usually, there are 3 families that let off fireworks over the lake. I hope we'll be able to do that this year.

My stomach says it's time for breakfast! Jeanne

Leave a comment:

• CarlieBlilie
    replied
    Good Morning all and Happy Canada Day to those in Canada!

Late start this morning, working on bills. Yuck. Oh well, has to be done. Yesterday was nasty hot and humid. Supposed to be the same again today although we got just a hint of rain. I'll be doing laundry today and Dave wants to go to the pet store today also as he used the last of his coral supplement. He feeds the coral every day so need to get some today.

Joy, glad your hubby is doing okay. Hope the Tylenol continues to help enough.

I worked on a couple of wall hangings yesterday and have them pretty much completed. I have a panel that I'm working on now for the fall. It's going quite quickly so I'll probably do another. I though I had more than 2 applique for the sampler quilt to hand sew. Nope. Those are done so I will start working on the blocks. There are only 3 more applique. I should get out the baptismal napkins and work on those. I last gave some to my pastor about 3 months ago and I know there have been several baptisms since. Those would be good to work on at night.

Best be off, have a great day everyone.

Leave a comment:

• SagedCrone
    replied
    Hi everyone! I'm gonna be high today! ON THE ROOF!...of the camper at least. I have to remove my AC unit and replace the seal underneath. We have had mucho rain and it proved to be too much for the seal. Is all good...it's best it's done now while parked at home than out and about. So..trying to get as much of an early start as I can on it..it's supposed to be mid 70's today with slight chance of rain..so better get at it! Have a great day everyone!

Sage, the crone of AC seals and ladders

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied
    Good Morning, Its going to be a scorcher today. We have a huge storm heading our way from the Kansas City area. We may have to be offline for much of the day.

Monique, Iā€™m glad to hear that the service yesterday went well. The circumstances were so sad.

Joy, I'm so glad the oral surgery went better than expected. That makes life easier all around.

Our neighbors began celebrating the 4th last night as soon as we went to bed. It scares the dogs something awful and they bark constantly. Our vet gave us some medication to help them through this so I will start them on it today. Sugar really goes ballistic.

We are under a heat advisory today so we will be indoors all day with the a/c. I think a salad for dinner tonight sounds yummy. Cathy, I love homemade croutons! I know that wonderful aroma of them baking.

Wishing everyone a good day.
    Last edited by Bubby; July 1, 2020, 12:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Claire Hallman
    replied
    Happy Canada Day! Hope you can enjoy it fully.
    It is pouring down rain here right now, good thing the gutters got cleaned out on Friday or they would be overflowing and making a rut in the new flower bed. That probably means no sod can be cut but eventually we will be able to get some, no real hurry there.
    I got a lot done on the Brilliant Swirls pattern, I had to square up the 4 block segments, maybe because I used a different ruler to cut the strip sets, it should make it easier to lay flat for quilting. I added in a few fabrics to my jelly roll to make it big enough for a queen bed, I plan on getting the mattress as soon as I feel safe going shopping for one.šŸ˜Æ

Leave a comment:

Working...
X