I think I found the right fabric .....I'm Re-Doing My Kitchen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I found the right fabric .....I'm Re-Doing My Kitchen

I have had my kitchen the same way for 21 yrs now. I want to put in a new floor (linoleum) new range and dishwasher, etc.
    I have Oak Cupboards that I am getting tired of and I think I'm going to paint them white. I don't care for the new thing that people are doing, you know, the bottom cupboards are one color and the top is another color.

I found this fabric that I think I am going to make Valances etc.

My sister gave me this Stained Glass Rooster....and it has a small light in the bottom of it I turn on at night before bedtime. IMG_0590.JPG

Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

I used the two tone kitchen at Mom's house. It really opened up her space. I used a lighter tone of the same color on the walls and upper cabinets. It was like the upper cabinets receded. I loved it. Here, I can't see it working as well. lol, in fact, I was seriously considering red cabinets for a while, since it was Howard's favorite color. He wanted dark gray on the lowers, and red on the uppers. I'll probably go with white or pale gray. Not sure, I'm still thinking about cabinet layouts.
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• jjkaiser
      jjkaiser commented
      Editing a comment
      At my last house I painted my cabinets four different times, years apart. At one time I painted them cream colored then sanded down the edges to make them looked distressed. I loved that! A few months later we went to put our house on the market and the realtor had a fit over the cupboards, said no no no no one will like this. You must paint them a soIid color. So I took them all down again and painted them all gray. They did look good, and we sold the house. It was a ton of work though.

• redcaboose1717
      redcaboose1717 commented
      Editing a comment
      I love red...but if I did that and wanted to change the color....you're looking at Primer and then paint, but it would be a great idea! Thanks

That fabric is adorable! I guess you are making curtains? They will look really nice. I have lino in my kitchen and it is so easy to keep clean. Best part it never needs waxing. Go for it!

Comment

• redcaboose1717
      redcaboose1717 commented
      Editing a comment
      What I'm making is I'm going to put this fabric on window shades. I haven't decided to make valances of the same fabric or using maybe a solid Red or White or Gray.....
      I seen this done on window shades several years ago, and was impressed with it.

Love the fabric!
    If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

I love that fabric! I also love the two different cabinet colors. It looks so fresh and new. Good luck with your redecorating.
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

The fabric is really cute! I just redid my kitchen and painted the uppers bright white, took out the middle panels on two of them and replaced with glass, and the bottom are painted a retro aqua/green. DH loves it as much as I do!

Comment

• redcaboose1717
          redcaboose1717 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nwmmteacher.....WOW that sounds awesome. I've always loved the glass front cup boards!

That fabric is adorable and I love the rooster light!

Can I ask who makes the fabric or where you found it? My sister in law loves roosters!
        Last edited by Cokie; June 30, 2020, 03:55 PM.

Comment

• redcaboose1717
          redcaboose1717 commented
          Editing a comment
          I found the fabric at Jo Ann Fabrics. Jo-Ann's has 3-4 different Rooster Fabrics besides this!

• Cokie
          Cokie commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you. I'll have to take a look there.

Love the night watch rooster!

Here is another similar look that I just stumbled on looking for something else.

https://www.fabric.com/buy/0565055/s...will-ecru-noir

Comment

• redcaboose1717
          redcaboose1717 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Rhonda...I like this as well.
      Working...
      X