Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
    commented on 's reply
    Julie -- So sorry to hear that you are having issues with your sister. It cant be easy. Its strange to think that material possessions first come to mind. I have one brother, MIA for years, although I did speak to him when I was getting rid of mom's things, he wanted nothing. I asked as I didn't want him to say I never asked. He did take all my dads tools, jewelry when he passed. I hope you have success with the 3rd facility.

• Monique
    commented on 's reply
    I am glad it went well for you both.

• KPH
    commented on 's reply
    I'm glad everything went well. I hope he doesn't have any issues and healing is easy for him.

• KPH
    commented on 's reply
    Joy, I think it was a paperwork error. Today I received notice that my coverage would be continued.

There are a lot of companies that won't carry houses in Florida. We had Nationwide in NC for the house and cars. They wouldn't cover the cars here, nor the house. I'm just glad it was a paper work issue and not a 'we're getting out of FL' issue like the last company.

• Nwmnteacher
    replied
    Good afternoon everyone,

My morning was spent at the vet's. I was there yesterday afternoon as well. Our chihuahua, Sadie has a growth on her lip, and we want to know what it is and if it can be removed. They want to do a biopsy under anesthetic, but since Sadie is 14, they did blood work to see if she could handle it. The results showed some issues with her liver, so this morning she had another test (a liver bile test?). She had her blood drawn before she ate anything this morning, then they fed her, and 2 hours later they drew blood again. We won't know the results for a few days.

We're in for a hot week...even at the lake cabin it's going to be close to 90!! It might make for some tough sleeping....no air conditioning. My DS and DH especially don't care for hot weather. But it is what it is. We're supposed to get some rain tonight which is good...it's been so hot that my garden gets a little wilted during the day. I usually do some watering in the evening after it cools down.

That's it for me. I need to do some menu planning for this weekend. We'll have 11 of us at the cabin. Have a blessed day. Monique, thinking of you and your family on this difficult day. Jeanne

Leave a comment:

• CarlieBlilie
    commented on 's reply
    Glad all went well with the tooth extraction. That would be a nervous one for me, too. I agree with Paisley, don't wait until the numbness wears off. They always say to stay ahead of the pain.

• geegeequilts
    commented on 's reply
    Monique, I'll send my prayers of comfort to you & family now & in the coming days. Gina

• Paisley
    commented on 's reply
    So happy to read it went well for him. Did they say to start Tylenol before the numbness wears off? Fingers crossed today and tomorrow go gently for him.

• JCY
    replied
    Back again ~ The tooth extraction went well with no gum cutting required. He did fine with the carbocaine anesthetic injection. No nitrous oxide was needed. He's been keeping pressure on the gauze & using topical ice. Of course, he's still numbed up, so it's unknown yet how much pain he will have when it wears off. One of my friends recently had an extraction; she said the next day was the most painful, but she got by with just Tylenol, since she can't take narcotics.
    I appreciate everyone's thoughts & prayers.

A much cooler day thus far. The last time I checked it was only 63 deg. & we were getting some sprinkles. Now the sun is coming out. Low 80's are predicted.

I'm hoping to lay out the quilt blocks today & begin the snowballing process.

Leave a comment:

• JCY
    commented on 's reply
    Katrina ~ We've had State Farm for our house ins. & for our cars all our married life. And individually, we each had State Farm prior to our marriage. I think it's a reliable carrier.

• Paisley
    commented on 's reply
    My thoughts and prayers will be with your husband today, and with you as his nurse. Fingers crossed that all goes well and quickly, with minimal pain for him.

• Paisley
    commented on 's reply
    My thoughts and prayers will be with you today. Enjoy your time spent with family today.
    Last edited by Paisley; June 30, 2020, 11:29 AM.

• Rhonda K
    replied
    Good morning,

Monique, A special prayer for you and your family today.

It's a sunny day here. Playing in the sewing room. I can look out to the backyard and daydream of projects for our back yard too. Just wondering how to install a patio paver and add a flower garden too. On that note, I really should concentrate on the sashing strips for the dino quilt.

Leave a comment:

• Rhonda K
    commented on 's reply
    Joy, Sending you best wishes for your DH and the appointment. Hope everything goes well today.

• KPH
    commented on 's reply
    I hope everything goes well today. I'll keep your DH close in my thoughts this morning.
Working...
X