Happy Tuesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Tuesday

Hello to all and I hope everybody is well.
    I was off the computer several days, busy in the garden, reading, sewing etc.
    Last time I told you that our son-in-law had to be operated at one of his kidneys because of a tumor. At the operation the result was negative, they said it's nothing wrong. But unfortunately when he got the finale result, it was cancer in a very early level. He has to go for blood test now very often for the next 5 years. Andrea and Marius are very hopeful that this was all. My prayers are with them and I hope it's really okay now, but maybe I'm to old and saw to much to really believe in it and have my thoughts.
    Last weekend I had my first lesson for the patchwork teacher certificate, it was online the very first time because of Covid. It was really good and and we had much fun. For me not everything was new but there were several new, easy and simple ways to old and new pattern. That's a pic what we sewed and the dots are not appliqued but rather sewed in. 20200628_135542.jpg There are some 3D pattern, too. I loved the moved Flying Geese border.
    I'm looking forward, the next lesson is in September, in Dortmund, theme "Traditional".
    Have a nice day.

Good morning everyone. Work went well yesterday and I was kept busy. Today is THE day. Afterwards, my other sister-in-law is having a BBQ at her house. The two sister-in-laws live back to back. My oldest should be here shortly. We reminisced last night.

I have taken another work day, this time Friday and close to home. I am hoping things slow down soon.

So have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• KPH
      KPH commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll keep you and yours close in my thoughts today.

• Paisley
      Paisley commented
      Editing a comment
      My thoughts and prayers will be with you today. Enjoy your time spent with family today.
      Last edited by Paisley; June 30, 2020, 11:29 AM.

• geegeequilts
      geegeequilts commented
      Editing a comment
      Monique, I'll send my prayers of comfort to you & family now & in the coming days. Gina

Good Morning,

Monique, my thoughts and prayers will be with you today.

Yesterday was a monsoon! Rained all morning and into the afternoon. Sun finally came out around 3. We totalled 3.25 inches of rain. We certainly needed rain but not that much. The rest of the week is supposed to be very muggy and hot, dewpoints in the 70's and temps in the low 90's. A stay inside kind of week.

Dave decided to pull up the indoor/outdoor carpet on the floor between the house and the patio. He will be replacing it with the laminate that we have in the kitchen and dining room. The carpet is quite old, I'm thinking my grandpa had it installed in the late 80's after he built the addition to the house. Originally it was supposed to be a garage for his 2nd vehicle (the one they used to go to Texas every winter) but I think my grandmother got him to change his mind and it ended up as a great "gathering" place. We've always called it the patio. It originally had the big garage door and grandpa made a huge screen that fit where the door was. During the summer months grandpa would open the door and put the screen door up during the day. He spent many hours sitting there and reading. When we moved in we found that the outside wall was deteriorating so Dave removed it and we put 4 nice windows in instead of the garage door. That's where you will find us most days. We bought a greater heater that has not allowed us to use that space year round, although we do use lap quilts in the winter to help keep us warm. Doesn't get too bad though. It is just about the biggest room in the whole house.

I was able to get caught up on my mystery quilt yesterday, new clue comes on Friday. I will be getting groceries today, so glad I didn't go yesterday with all that rain. I am going to work on a couple of wall hangings today and get them completed. I'll ask Dave to hang the rods, I just have to figure out where I want them.

Off for some groceries. Have a great day.
    Carlie

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Monique ~ Thoughts & prayers for you & your family today with the BIL's funeral. Prayers needed here, too, for DH & the tooth extraction this a.m. He didn't sleep much last night & is really feeling scared about going to the oral surgeon this a.m. I hope there won't be any complications.

Yest. was a big laundry day -- 5 loads. I decided to strip my bed all the way to the mattress, so that included the matt. cover, 2 matt. pads, sheets, & 1 other load of clothing. It was 98 deg., so the matt. pads & cover dried nicely outside in the sun.

I'll not linger this a.m. We need to get around early for the 9 a.m. appt. I need to eat breakfast earlier than usual.

Comment

• KPH
        KPH commented
        Editing a comment
        I hope everything goes well today. I'll keep your DH close in my thoughts this morning.

• Rhonda K
        Rhonda K commented
        Editing a comment
        Joy, Sending you best wishes for your DH and the appointment. Hope everything goes well today.

• Paisley
        Paisley commented
        Editing a comment
        My thoughts and prayers will be with your husband today, and with you as his nurse. Fingers crossed that all goes well and quickly, with minimal pain for him.

Good morning!

It's going to be another pleasant day today. Perfect weather for a porch visit with Mom.

Mom's facility did not agree with the hospice nurse's assessment and asked if they could bring in a second opinion. I was little leery; the facility nurse said she talked to this other hospice and they said it sounded like she qualified. They came out and said yes, she is ready for hospice. Now I don't know who to believe -- one hospice says no, she's not ready; the other says yes, she is. I'm calling in a third hospice as a tie-breaker. I'm starting to get a little stressed and have already had an argument with the Ohio sister -- about furniture, no less. She doesn't want Mom's furniture back in the house after Mom is gone. She didn't appreciate it when I told her I'm not worrying about the furniture until after Mom passes. Granted, there was a swear word in my response.

I was invited to a belated birthday drive-by parade next week. I will be on vacation but plan to participate. It should be fun and it will be nice to see people for the first time in months. It is also incentive to get my hair cut. I haven't done that yet and my quarantine hair is getting way too long.

No plans for the sewing room today. I am excited my order from M* has shipped. It was the daily deal a few days ago. I had been admiring that fabric line and jumped when it was the DD. I'm glad I bought yardage, too, because it started selling out fast.

Time for tea and work. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
        SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
        Editing a comment
        Julie -- So sorry to hear that you are having issues with your sister. It cant be easy. Its strange to think that material possessions first come to mind. I have one brother, MIA for years, although I did speak to him when I was getting rid of mom's things, he wanted nothing. I asked as I didn't want him to say I never asked. He did take all my dads tools, jewelry when he passed. I hope you have success with the 3rd facility.

Good Morning All,

I had an early morning call from a dear friend I haven't seen in 5 years. He keeps up with time a whole lot better than I do! lol He was hoping to drive down to Sarasota to teach a class, but has classes the week before and after, so no driving for him, just flying in and doing the classes and flying on to the next class from now until the end of the year. He's been teaching from home since March. I guess he's glad to get out of the house!

Howard's Mom called yesterday. Her older sister is in the hospital with heart problems. She started having seizures again, as well. They started with a CAT scan to make sure she hadn't had a stroke. She does have some blockage in her heart. That's on today's agenda, going in and finding out what needs to be done there. She's in her 90s and Dot's not far behind. She's really worried and can't get to NC until she takes care of her knee (She gets the gel shots in her knee every so often and it's been over 4 months since her last shot).

I sandwiched one ugly, and have the second batting cut and ready to go. I ordered variegated thread to quilt with and it should be here today. Not sure when, since there was a shooting at Amazon fulfillment yesterday. Apparently the guy was targeted. The shooter pushed the person at the door out of the way, took aim and fired. After that the shooter left. They have video of the get away car and are looking for the three involved.

Better news, Jim is getting more job offers. Morgan has her certification to nurse in 34 states. He was less than motivated after taking their mini vacation, to getting back into the job search. He's finding more and more remote jobs, so maybe he'll be able to stay here!

Gabby has her booster this afternoon. I received notice that my house insurance was not going to be continued. I filled out extra sheets before we left for Ponte Vedra, I'm hoping that will take care of the 'out of compliance' type thing that they said it was. There's another envelope coming this afternoon from them. I see what it says before I go to the insurance agent's office. Otherwise, I'll have to have them start hunting for a new home owners policy. Thank goodness we have several months before the policy runs out.

Mike's doing his laundry today. I had 4 loads yesterday. I uninstalled the Maytag app from my phone. My baby monitor sitting on the dryer is more reliable than the app! In the long run, it will be cheaper, too. There's a fee on the app after the first 6 months.

Time to get started. The kitchen floor needs a good scrubbing, after Mike finishes his laundry! Have a wonderful day.
      Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• JCY
        JCY commented
        Editing a comment
        Katrina ~ We've had State Farm for our house ins. & for our cars all our married life. And individually, we each had State Farm prior to our marriage. I think it's a reliable carrier.

• KPH
        KPH commented
        Editing a comment
        Joy, I think it was a paperwork error. Today I received notice that my coverage would be continued.

There are a lot of companies that won't carry houses in Florida. We had Nationwide in NC for the house and cars. They wouldn't cover the cars here, nor the house. I'm just glad it was a paper work issue and not a 'we're getting out of FL' issue like the last company.

Good morning,

Monique, A special prayer for you and your family today.

It's a sunny day here. Playing in the sewing room. I can look out to the backyard and daydream of projects for our back yard too. Just wondering how to install a patio paver and add a flower garden too. On that note, I really should concentrate on the sashing strips for the dino quilt.

Comment

Back again ~ The tooth extraction went well with no gum cutting required. He did fine with the carbocaine anesthetic injection. No nitrous oxide was needed. He's been keeping pressure on the gauze & using topical ice. Of course, he's still numbed up, so it's unknown yet how much pain he will have when it wears off. One of my friends recently had an extraction; she said the next day was the most painful, but she got by with just Tylenol, since she can't take narcotics.
        I appreciate everyone's thoughts & prayers.

A much cooler day thus far. The last time I checked it was only 63 deg. & we were getting some sprinkles. Now the sun is coming out. Low 80's are predicted.

I'm hoping to lay out the quilt blocks today & begin the snowballing process.

Comment

• CarlieBlilie
          CarlieBlilie commented
          Editing a comment
          Glad all went well with the tooth extraction. That would be a nervous one for me, too. I agree with Paisley, don't wait until the numbness wears off. They always say to stay ahead of the pain.

• KPH
          KPH commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm glad everything went well. I hope he doesn't have any issues and healing is easy for him.

• Monique
          Monique commented
          Editing a comment
          I am glad it went well for you both.

Good afternoon everyone,

My morning was spent at the vet's. I was there yesterday afternoon as well. Our chihuahua, Sadie has a growth on her lip, and we want to know what it is and if it can be removed. They want to do a biopsy under anesthetic, but since Sadie is 14, they did blood work to see if she could handle it. The results showed some issues with her liver, so this morning she had another test (a liver bile test?). She had her blood drawn before she ate anything this morning, then they fed her, and 2 hours later they drew blood again. We won't know the results for a few days.

We're in for a hot week...even at the lake cabin it's going to be close to 90!! It might make for some tough sleeping....no air conditioning. My DS and DH especially don't care for hot weather. But it is what it is. We're supposed to get some rain tonight which is good...it's been so hot that my garden gets a little wilted during the day. I usually do some watering in the evening after it cools down.

That's it for me. I need to do some menu planning for this weekend. We'll have 11 of us at the cabin. Have a blessed day. Monique, thinking of you and your family on this difficult day. Jeanne

Comment

Working...
        X