Sunny Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunny Sunday

I don't see anyone here yet, so I'll do a quick start. No DD yet! I've never seen that happen before.

We're nice and sunny here in NW MN today, with a high of 89 predicted. We have a south wind, so we'll see high temps for a few days. It helps to keep the mosquitoes away, so I won't complain. They've been worse than usual this year; but then again, we've had a fair amount of rain. I worked in the garden yesterday; I finished putting the grass clippings down between the rows to help keep the weeds down. I might have mentioned before that my backyard neighbor has 3 or 4 bird feeders in her backyard, and lots of the bird seed blow into my garden. Don't get me wrong, I love the birds too, but it's hard to keep up with the weeds, especially the thistles. The grass clippings help, plus an added bonus is being able to walk in the garden when it has rained and it's muddy. I also planted a few more flowers in the front flower bed. I have space for more, but we'll see.

DH and I will head over to Grand Forks this morning after church. The pantry is looking sparse. I'm off to get in the shower. Enjoy the day as best you can. Jeanne

Good Morning, I posted on Joy's post this morning. One thing we noticed at the beach was the lack of birds. No sand pipers, very few gulls, I did see a lone pelican fly by one morning. It was really weird!

Ready for church, just waiting on my ride.

I hope you have a wonderful day.
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Good Morning! I've been up since 5:15 am......I'm going to start cutting some 2.5" strips to make a the Tulip Quilt. I think this is probably going to be my oldest sister's B-day present (she has a B-day in Sept.)

thI5M6K2GUBlessings .jpg
      Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
      http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

Mosquitoes ~ I sure don't miss those buggers. I grew up in Mich., & they were bad there. We do have mosquitoes here, but not to the extent that they do in the Midwest. Maybe it's the drier climate.

Comment

• MSN
          MSN commented
          Editing a comment
          Mosquitos are jokingly referred to as Minnesota's state bird. More rain = more mosquitos.

Yes, it is odd that there is no DD yet. It' has sometimes been missing my Inbox but then if I go to the Daily Deal tab here, it is there. But not today. I will check back in a little while.

Katrina, I noticed the same thing about the birds when we were at the beach the other day. Hubby thought it might have something to do with there being less food around since none of the eateries in the boardwalk are open.

The mosquitoes usually go for hubby more than me but this year it seems that I am the one getting bit more.

I guess it all fits in with the very strange year we have had so far.

Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
        X