Sunday Morning Greetings :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday Morning Greetings :)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ It's going to be another hot day. We hit 98 yest. & 95 is predicted for today. I have to be vigilant with the hand watering of the flower beds & pots on the patio.

Yest. a.m. I baked DH's spelt bread. I got an early start while the house was cool. Yest. eve. I did some sorting in the file drawers. One drawer was at grid-lock -- no room for anything else, so I sorted out items that can go in a file box--things we seldom access. Now I have room for recent paper work. This is a job I need to keep working at. At our age we really need to rid out stuff so our kids won't have to sort it some day.

Several of the area school districts have announced they are planning for in classroom school this fall. Not sure how that will work, but I know they're working on it.

Today will be church on YT again. I'm hoping to get to the sewing room today.

We posted at the same time, Joy!

Comment

Good Morning All,

It's going to be another hot one. Air quality advisories are in effect thanks to the dust storm. The skies are still milky even though it poured last night.

There's a lot of planning on how schools will reopen in the fall. Right now Duval Co is thinking about different schedules for elementary, middle and high schools. Parents are having fits, especially if they have to deal with more than one schedule. Virtual is one option, elementary will go some days, middle with be virtual and in school on alternating days, high schools are something else. Hopefully, they'll listen to parents, ha ha, like that will ever happen.

One of the new hires at Office Max quit an hour before his shift yesterday... by text, no less. Mike has a couple of extra hours today. I'll have some time to pull out the batting and start sandwiching some Christmas Uglies. At least 1, anyway. It will be good to be back to work.

Gabby's been a snuggle bug since I got home. She was a happy girl when I walked in the door. I was afraid she might be mad at me for leaving her at home.

Have a great day.
      Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Good Morning....I’m just starting to ease into the day. Jeff is outside with the Girls.

We had electrical storms last night and things are still unplugged.

If all goes well today I plan to begin cutting squares for a Pixelated Heart quilt. I bought yardage because the charms weren’t available.

I’m running out of ideas for interesting yet easy meals. We need some fresh produce so I guess a small food run is in order soon.

Joy, I need to do the same thing with our papers. It’s a daunting task.

have a great day everyone.....
        Last edited by Bubby; June 28, 2020, 11:07 AM.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good Morning! Hot and humid yesterday and will be again today. We were supposed to get rain on Friday but we only got a few sprinkles. We will need to get the hand watering done again today. Usually Dave does it himself but we usually fertilize everything on Sundays so I'll help.

I finished the anniversary quilt quilt last night. Felt good to get it completed ahead a time. My original goal was to complete the quilting by the 30th and then do the binding. My goal was to complete by the 4th so I'm a week ahead. I'm working on. Mystery quilt but have several UFO's in various stages to complete. One is already layered so I will probably do that one next I will post a picture of the completed quilt later this morning. I'm going to give it a quick wash first.

Church this morning online and then I'll be upstairs sewing. Have a great day everyone!
          Carlie

Comment

• chelea
            chelea commented
            Editing a comment
            Sunday is my fertilizing day too. It's easy to remember...Sunday dinner for my flowers.

Good morning!

We're going to have nice stretch of summer weather this week -- temps in the low to mid 80's and clear.

I put the borders on my WIP yesterday. I am second guessing my fabric choice for the outer border. I really like the fabric, and bought enough for the border, backing and binding. I'm just not sure it was the best choice for the border. I made the top out of batiks. The border fabric is part of the same line but it is one of the busier prints. Maybe it is too busy? I have the quilt top on my design floor. Sometimes I look at it and think it is fine, it's growing on me. It is an older fabric line and finding yardage at this point would be difficult. I think I will put it away for a couple of days and take a fresh look at it later.

2020 is turning out to be the year of the ants. I won two battles with the small ones earlier in the year. Now the big black ones have made an appearance. They have no interest in either the Terro or the other bait that took out the prior invaders. I need to run up to the store and see what other types of bait are available. I really do not want to call an exterminator.

I hear a second cup of tea calling my name. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• Monique
            Monique commented
            Editing a comment
            They seem to be a problem everywhere. We have had them hear as well. I have ant traps all over the house.

Good morning all. It's a pretty warm and humid morning here. I see a lot of sitting in the anti gravity chairs out under the trees in today's plans.

Yesterday we got a little of this and that done which included me getting the binding into the quilt. Yippee! So last night while hubby was watching the Svengoolie movie, I sat and stitched a bit while watching two episodes of Land Girls on Netflix on my laptop with my headphones on. I think today might be a bit too hot to be sitting and stitching on a large quilt on my lap. I need to see if I can get a smaller project to bring out under the trees or maybe I will read for a bit.

First thing though is to get dinner started. I am making a large pan of Mac n cheese. Dinner today, leftovers for later this week and some for the freezer for a quick dinner down the road. Barb, I understand about running out of dinner ideas. I have started jotting an idea down when it comes to me on a "Future meals" list because inevitably when we sit down to make a 2 week meals and corresponding shopping list, I won't remember he great idea I had. LoL

Joy, we have been doing the same thing with paperwork. Which reminds me that I have a box hidden away next to the couch that needs to be shredded.

Katrina, you are so right about the schools needing to get input from the parents. Hopefully they do. We are still waiting here to see what happens in the fall with the schools. Carlie, congrats on finishing the quilt ahead of schedule! Awesome. Julie, good luck with the ants.

Time to get back to work. Have a good day.

Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

• jjkaiser
            jjkaiser commented
            Editing a comment
            Okay I can't help asking, what is an anti gravity chair??? I've seen you mention this before? I thought anti gravity was where you have special boots on and you hang upside down in a doorway. Is the chair like that? How bout a photo

• Ginny B
            Ginny B commented
            Editing a comment
            Basically it is just a reclining chair for the back yard. No boots or hanging upside down involved. Lol. I am not sure why they call them that but I do know that when I sit in it if my lower back of hip is hurting, it is comfortable and helps. I'll take a picture later and send it.

I, too, am stumped for dinner ideas. We seem to have the same handful of recipes that we make over and over. I'd love to try something different. I think I'll start a thread in the Recipes section. If we each post one of our "tried and true" recipes, perhaps it will inspire someone else.

Comment

• Ginny B
            Ginny B commented
            Editing a comment
            Great idea!

• jjkaiser
            jjkaiser commented
            Editing a comment
            I am making chicken shish kebobs on the grill today, also bought about 10 pcs of large raw shrimp to jazz it up. I always have leftovers and you can put just about anything on a shish kebob. To me, any dinner that makes for leftovers is a win win!

• MSN
            MSN commented
            Editing a comment
            We don't call them leftovers; we call them "cook-aheads."

I asked DH to get something from the freezer to thaw for dinner, he looked and said how about pot pies, yes that would be perfect Marie Callender to the rescue. I looked in my recipe box last week and bought ingredients for two seldom used dishes. I left the recipes sitting on top of the box so I wouldn't forget.
          I started un-sewing my pop stars sandwich, it is going to take a long time even though I had just done stitch in the ditch. I would never been happy with it if I didn't fix the problems. I won't be taking it totally apart, just taking out the problems and fixing by partial seams.
          I picked up the irrigation tubing yesterday, if I can brave the humidity I will try it out today.
          Have a lovely week ahead, everyone.

Comment

• Teen
            Teen commented
            Editing a comment
            Pot pies is my go to when I don't feel like cooking. ...God Bless your husband...lol

Good Morning! Super chilly weather,cold breeze...storming tonight.. Nice change from the 90's..

Turkeys showed up in mass this morning....mama's and their babies pecking away at the cracked corn we throw on the hillside. I had two Tom's on my back patio. Lol.. After making a big Sunday breakfast, I had to mop kitchen floor after my hubbie spilled a half jug of juice..ugh!

Having leftovers tonight. Yesterday, I put boneless ribs in crockpot and had plenty leftover so likely make BBq sandwiches tonight. I love crockpots. One of fav meals is slow cooking a roast overnight and making French Dip sandwiches. Nummy..

I am finishing up making small coasters to place under plants on window sills in sunroom. The sun makes the pots stick to sills and I don't want paint ruined so this is my solution. Easy enough and super quick.....looks cute... Starched my fabric for my bed quilt so will be cutting today.

I finally talked hubbie into hiring a landscape contractor. There is a lot of work to do and hubbie can certainly do it but why should he if it isn't something he really enjoys doing, At his age, I told him to only do the projects he enjoys and we are hiring out for the rest. He agreed. So, this week contractor coming to discuss our ideas. Can't wait to get grass.

Have a beautiful day!
          "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Hello everyone; I hope you are all having a good day. On thursday at 6am my ex husband called me to say he had fallen and couldn't get up. He had knee replacement surgery a month ago and was doing great until he fell. I went right over and called 911, they took him off to the hospital. It turns out he tore some muscles and ligaments. They don't know how bad it is until the surgeon gets in there to start the repairs and that is scheduled for next Thursday. In the mean time he can't walk and is in bed here at our house. I have been so busy taking care of him and running to his house to get stuff. My husband is an absolute peach about the whole thing and was the one to invite him to stay with us, since he can't be alone. I feel like this is the first minute I have to myself. Oh I hear him, gotta go.

Jeannette

Comment

• lovemyavy
              lovemyavy commented
              Editing a comment
              What beautiful hearts you and your hubby have. Prayers of healing for your ex. It's great you can all get along. Why not, right? Bless you.

• MSN
              MSN commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow. Your current DH is a keeper. Bless you all, and may the surgery and recovery go well.
          Working...
          X