I am melting....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am melting....

For the sixth day in a row it is 87,8 F here in Sweden witch is extremely hot for us. normal summer temp is around 78,7 F.

It is to hot to do anything...

Take care
    sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Good morning....78 sounds like the perfect temp. 80's aren't too bad here if we don't have the humidity, but it is rare we don't get the humidity with it. I always loved the summer months, but as I get older I don't care for the real hot weather like I use to. I do love the changing of the seasons.

Stay safe
    Nancy

Comment

We're finally in summer, the second spring was heavenly. Now it's in the 90s before lunch and heat indexes in the 100s. Inside and AC are required here in FL, no problem wanting to stay in the house during this covid mess.
      Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Ha. my friend in England said it is 100 in her house! very hot and muggy. Same where I live but to be in the 90's. and a Saharan dust storm coming too.

Comment

• auntstuff
          auntstuff commented
          Editing a comment
          Its already here....

78 is beautiful. It will hit 90 here today
        TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

Southwest Idaho hitting 90's today but storms a'comin tomorrow. These temps are no big deal to me having lived in So. California all my life up to a year ago. 87 would be welcome relief for many across the USA but totally can see the difficulty if not use to it.
          "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

It was in the 90's here yesterday!! I rarely turn on the A/C unless it's really hot....and it was so hot here yesterday, the Central Air was on most of the day!
            Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
            http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

I live in the southeast in the US and for us high's in the 90's are common throughout the summer along with high humidity. But I know when you are not acclimated to such hot weather it can be difficult to deal with. Thank goodness for A/C!! 😎 I hope your temps drop back to typical levels for you soon.
              Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

remember to drink lots of water, cucumbers are cooling and a wet cold rag on the neck does wonders. Draw a picture of how hot it is so this winter you can remember being warm.
                sigpic

Comment

Tennessee has been pretty hot and humid also. But the last few days have been bearable. We have the dust also, so I've been inside most of the time. I finally got the closet in the sewing room cleaned out and stuff up to the bonus room. It's really a mess there, so later I'll turn on the A/C and start clearing stuff out. It's easier that way because I can organize a garage sale at the same time. Sale won't be till October.

Comment

Starting our 2nd week of 100-105degrees.

Comment

Do you have air conditioning there? I do here but don't like it. I lived in Colorado for over 25 years without it and am not used to it anymore. other than having it at work. STay cool!

Comment

Very hot up here too north of you in Norrland. My freezer was having a meltdown, couldn’t handle the heat so I had to buy a box/chest freezer for the basement. No AC in my house and temps in the low 90’s. Being originally from California I love this heat but too many biting bugs outside!

Comment

By the middle of this week we will hit about 89 but with humidity.
                          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Working...
                          X