"What they don't tell you about surviving COVID-19"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"What they don't tell you about surviving COVID-19"

This article came across my MSN home page yest. eve. It was posted June 21. I tried to post a link when I was sending an e-m to my family, but the URL is too long for the box, so I couldn't get it all. If you search for it, you should be able to find it. It shows pictures of healthy lungs & damaged lungs after C-19. It's first hand accounts by ICU nurses & people who have survived the virus. God forbid that any of us get this awful virus! Please practice social distancing, wear a face mask or covering, practice good hand washing, & take the necessary precautions. Many of the cases in this latest surge are young people who have ignored the guidelines. ABC news this eve. warned there could be as many as up to 150,000 deaths in the US by mid-July. Remember: Recovered doesn't necessarily mean healthy again.

Thanks Joy.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

This is a very scary thing. I see people just ignoring all the safety precautions all the time. My sister, who lives across the street from me, has had people to her house all the time, and I don't understand how she can do that without getting sick. Her neighbor has parties, or group gatherings any way, several times a month. There are 5 or 6 cars there. I just don't understand. It's like they don't think they have to take precautions.
      Carlie

Comment

I couldn't find it on MSN but I am on the Canadian one so maybe that is why. I did see an article on a family dealing with 18 cases of the virus after a birthday party. I have neighbors always entertaining , they have no idea how lucky they have been staying healthy so far.
        https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world...rtan-ntp-feeds

Comment

https://www.chron.com/news/article/W...g-15356722.php
        K is for Karen 😊​..................
        Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
        T - is it TRUE?
        H - is it HELPFUL?
        I - is it INSPIRING?
        N - is it NECESSARY?
        K - is it KIND?

Comment

• JCY
          JCY commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for posting the link.

My BF was so reluctant to wear a mask, I went to all the places that required it. He now wears it as we are in TX and good luck finding a place that doesn't require it. All our cases have underlay health issues from what they are reporting. The company I work for has been generous during this time and we are blessed. I love working from home!

Comment

It seems some people live in denial daily. just another way of coping. Not a smart one though. (())

Comment

There are so many posts on Facebook telling people it is bad to wear a mask, you can get sick from breathing in your own oxygen, it only gives you a false sense of security, etc. This makes me so crazy. I wear a mask everywhere and I get so mad at people who don't. You cannot convince me that masks are no protection! My own sister and BIL (who I have not seen since Feb) are in the camp that govt can't tell them what to do and they are in the high risk for age category! Please! Wear a mask! I wish the President would wear one, he sets a bad example wherever he goes, and I am astounded he has not tested positive (yet).

Comment

I have also seen a lot of panic among asthma sufferers on my asthma pages. then they decided it was not worse for asthma patients. I think it is but asthma patients are said to handle it better because they already know what to do when they have trouble breathing. I was sick in February. Dh does not think I had it because I had low grade fever and was better within a week. But my lungs have been worse since then and I have had to take a lot more meds for my asthma. So it makes me wonder. I really feel for the families who have to see their loved ones go to the hospital and they can't be with them.

Comment

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
                There are so many posts on Facebook telling people it is bad to wear a mask, you can get sick from breathing in your own oxygen, it only gives you a false sense of security, etc. This makes me so crazy. I wear a mask everywhere and I get so mad at people who don't. You cannot convince me that masks are no protection! My own sister and BIL (who I have not seen since Feb) are in the camp that govt can't tell them what to do and they are in the high risk for age category! Please! Wear a mask! I wish the President would wear one, he sets a bad example wherever he goes, and I am astounded he has not tested positive (yet).
                Yes!! I have relatives also who keep blasting on facebook that masks are not needed. I wear mine everywhere.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                  SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My DH has US relatives who believe its their right not to wear mask. Hope they also refuse to be treated in hospital, if they need a respirator. I consider this self-inflicted wounds.

If Masks weren't needed to either protect you or others, then why do doctors and nurses wear them ALL the time??
                I think we are in for another 'uptick'..or another round if you will of this..because of all the protesters and rioters....I'm just still on the mountain..doing what I do..or maybe not.

Sage...the masked crone!
                (ha..i like that one)
                😎 Happy Thread tails and trails

Sage

Comment

We have been in self quarantine status since early March, venturing out only for absolute necessities. I would have our groceries delivered but we don’t have that service in our area. It’s always a risk even with a mask and gloves. I’m so glad that many of our members are able to work from home. My daughter Judy reopened her business this week. She’s shaking in her shoes but she can’t be shut down without income any longer. Stay safe and well everyone.
                  sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

There is so much disinformation out there it is difficult to discern who to believe anymore. We wear masks and stay home if we can. We are in the minority in my small town, which is 90% elderly. I can usually count on one hand the mask wearers we see when out... Hard to believe the lack of compliance from a generation who should know better. Thanks, Joy! Scary reading..
                    "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Another thing I find so terribly annoying along with not wearing a mask is when I hear people say "it's just the flu". Yeah, it's just the flu.....that's why the entire world was shut down for months. My other favorite is...."I'm not sick". Well, good for you! It's not just about you! You could be a carrier and spreading it to people who will get sick and die! Sorry, rant over.....
                      Tracie

Comment

I rarely go out and if I do its to the grocery store. I wear a mask and gloves and get in and out as fast as I can. I bring my groceries home and wipe them with a Clorox wipe in the garage. I even change clothes and shoes in the garage then go immediately in the house and shower. I wear a glove to get my mail out of the mail box . I have only seen my grandchildren from a distance since March.

I told my sister in law what I was doing and she couldn't believe it. She doesn't wear a mask and goes out almost every day. She also has people over to her house. She said we are a small rural community and don't have many cases. I didn't even try to reason with her. This isn't the way I want to live but I want to be here for years to come. I have a lot of quilts to make!
                        Last edited by TMP; June 27, 2020, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X