No announcement yet.

"What they don't tell you about surviving COVID-19"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our state, Massachusetts, is going very slowly in it's reopening. For many weeks we were in 3rd place for the number of cases, right behind NY and NJ. Thankfully folks took it very seriously and complied with the government directives so that now our cases and deaths are on a sharp decline. I still don't go out much but when I do, I rarely see anyone without a mask. I'm horrified by what's happening in other parts of the country with cases surging. It could have been prevented if they had paid attention to what happened to us.

Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

I do so wish i'd had photos of the lungs, etc to show people in Walmart yesterday. especially the woman standing right behind me in the check out!

Comment

• JCY
        JCY commented
        Editing a comment
        You could print them off & carry them with you in case another opportunity comes up. I use the Snip-It tool a lot to get pics from the web, esp. pics of quilts.

What an eye opening article. I had no idea that people who "recovered" had permanent damage. I still wear a mask everywhere away from home. This is a terrifying disease.

Comment

well, we have seen how well trying to talk to these people goes. My granddtr was just talking about going back to school. i asked her if she was going to wear a mask and she said NO. big NO, like it was the worst thing to ask. At least she lives in Southern Texas.

Comment

May I ask out of curiosity, how many of you know a person, first hand, who has actually gotten this virus? I know of no one. Not in my family, not in my church, not in my social groups. None of my neighbors know of anyone first hand either and one of those neighbors is a nurse practitioner in a local hospital. We all hear second or third, or fourth, and so on hand accounts, but I personally can find no one that has a first hand account. And by that I mean someone they actually know, not just "heard about". I'm not in any way saying it's not happening, I'm just puzzled that we hear so much gloom and doom about this and the extraordinary high numbers of cases but my first hand experience is quite the opposite. So I'm just wondering how many of you know someone first hand. Thanks.
          Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

• JCY
            JCY commented
            Editing a comment
            Friends of ours from church - the wife's dad was in a local nursing home & got the virus & died. The family was not able to visit him. They talked on the phone & did some face time, but could not be with him. They were unable to hold a funeral. Another family from our church - his mom died in CA from the virus. I do not know what her living situation was. He went to CA alone while the wife & kids stayed here.

• laura44
            laura44 commented
            Editing a comment
            My mother in law is in a care home. Her main nurse (in her 30's) got the virus, was in the hospital for a month.
            My cousin got it, was sick for a month, still has complications. My son's best friend has a brother in law that died,(in his 30's).
            My friends sister was in the hospital for a week.

Originally posted by Suzette View Post
          May I ask out of curiosity, how many of you know a person, first hand, who has actually gotten this virus? I know of no one. Not in my family, not in my church, not in my social groups. None of my neighbors know of anyone first hand either and one of those neighbors is a nurse practitioner in a local hospital. We all hear second or third, or fourth, and so on hand accounts, but I personally can find no one that has a first hand account. And by that I mean someone they actually know, not just "heard about". I'm not in any way saying it's not happening, I'm just puzzled that we hear so much gloom and doom about this and the extraordinary high numbers of cases but my first hand experience is quite the opposite. So I'm just wondering how many of you know someone first hand. Thanks.
          One of my family members have tested positive, never experienced any symptoms and after a couple of weeks tested negative and returned to work. I have had several friends/family members that were sure they had it, but when they were tested they were negative-a couple of these ended up testing positive for influenza (flu).
          One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Beth aka Asta

Comment

We have friends who have two sons, ages 21 and 19. The 21 year old picked up the virus somewhere (probably at work) and brought it home. He, his brother, and their dad (age 62) all developed COVID but have recovered. Unfortunately, there is no guarantee that they cannot be re-infected.

Comment

My son's best friend had it and recovered. Luckily no one else in his family caught it.
              Vonnie

Comment

DH is the vp on the board of directors at one of the most highly rated nursing homes in the state. They held the virus at bay for quite some time but out of roughly 120 residents, 60 were ultimately infected and 20 passed away. Twenty staff members tested positive.
                Last edited by chelea; June 28, 2020, 07:13 PM.
                Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

• Trudy A
                  Trudy A commented
                  Editing a comment
                  OMG that is just terrible. I hope they are revising their protocols,I would not want one of my loved ones in a setting like that.

• chelea
                  chelea commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They had all the proper protocols in place; no visitors, staff symptoms/temperature all screened daily etc. but there weren't enough tests available for the staff (the facility would have tested them if they could) so staff with no symptoms carried the infection in. The administrators and management were devastated. They did all they could but it wasn't enough.

I have a niece who had it, and thank the gods her husband and son never caught it. She was at a funeral and it seems one of the mourners had it and infected every one who was at the funeral. She said the headache she had with it was pure agony. Quite a few people came down with it. Count your blessing no one close to you has it, You're one of the lucky ones. Pray for those that do have it. I know it seems hard to believe all this is happening.

Comment

Working...
                X