• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

Welcome Wednesday

Good morning friends. DAY OFF today. Picked up my mail last night and I had 2 parcels, one was yarn that someone no longer wanted and the other was side cutters that I bought for my friend Lynda and I. They attach to your sewing machine and act like a serger. Can't wait to try them.

Laundry is already in the washer. Hopefully I can get it hung outside and dried before some rain comes. We never did get any rain yesterday. And it smells like we will have to have our septic tank pumped out very soon.

It looks like the technician was here yesterday but I still don't have a dial tone on my phone. If I call from an outside line, it rings fine but not inside. When I went to look outside, the person had left the phone box open. Another call for help but it probably won't be fixed until tomorrow because of today being a Quebec holiday. No phone no one looking for me to work, LOL!!

And so today I have a number of things I need to get done. Not sure sewing is one of them yet.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
  • Bubby
    Missouri Star
    • Jun 2011

Good Morning Everyone. We have an appt with the vet this morning for the Girls’ shots. It’s hard taking them both at the same time. If we survive that I will make a brief visit to WalMart for a few food items.

We are done painting the living room and tomorrow I will start making curtains. This has been fun but I’m ready to put the house together so I can start sewing again. We are waiting to put in new flooring because we’re not comfortable having workers in our house yet. Jeff thought we could do the floors ourselves but doing the living room taught us how old and tired we are....lol!

We are having typical Midwest weather, high heat and humidity. Wishing everyone a beautiful summer day. Hugs.....
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• CarlieBlilie
      Missouri Star
      • May 2020

Good Morning! Nice and cool this morning at 54 but we are closing in on some rain and hot weather again, mainly on Friday. I'm closing in on finishing the hand quilting the king size quilt for my daughter's anniversary. Should have it completed by tomorrow. I'm working on the bias binding now so it will be ready to add to the quilt on Friday. I will also do up the label today.

Not much on my agenda today, just a few tasks then I will probably just work on the label and binding for Jennifer's quilt.

Have a great day!
      Carlie

Comment

• Rhonda K
        Missouri Star
        • Jan 2017

Good morning,

I am hopeful that the electrician will show up to hang the new lights. The old lights need to go! One project done and more to do.

The dinosaur blocks for the quilt are almost done. Just four more blocks with foot prints to embroidery. It's a fun project and I started stitching some blocks together as it was hard to wait.

Have a wonderful day!
        Just one more stitch...

Comment

• JCY
          Missouri Star
          • Jul 2013

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Our weather is remaining hot, in the low 90's every day. We're under an air quality alert today along the Front Range for ozone.

I never made it to the sewing room yest. I was still sore & tired from the weeding on Mon., so I took it easy. I did get the beans cooked & in the freezer. Yest. eve. after the temps. cooled, I did some hand watering of the flower beds & picked up the twigs that blew down in the last wind storm. The mowers come today.

Yest. afternoon I watched the live streaming memorial service at church of our friend who was the police officer who died of cancer in March. There were military honors from the police dept., a gun salute, folding of the flag, bag piper, etc. in the parking lot at the conclusion of the service. The whole thing lasted 1 hr. & 40 min. He was only 59. The eulogies by a fellow police officer, his twin bro., & his wife all were good. His wife & 2 daus. are doing okay. One of his daus. became a police officer, too.

I think I'll make a run to the groc. store. I need to get salmon for DH & a few items.

Monique ~ Hope your phone gets fixed soon. But at least they can't call you in to work!

I was tempted by today's DD, but refrained. I have some other Tula Pink fabrics in my stash.
          Last edited by JCY; June 24, 2020, 06:15 AM.

Comment

• Ginny B
            Missouri Star
            • Jan 2012

Good morning. It's a bit cloudy out there right now and pretty warm and humid. Not sure what the weather will be today because I hit the pillow by 10 last night and didn't watch the late weather report. We were up and out early yesterday morning and headed down to the beach. It was wonderful to be there again. It was pretty empty when we first got there of course since it was so early. By noon, there was a lot more people there so we headed home. Took a quick shower then headed out to vote. Pretty empty, everyone wearing masks and gloves and we were in and out quickly. Then it was time to do our shopping.....instacart of course. It will be delivered this morning.

This morning I woke up and saw a news item on my phone that said that there should be baseball in July. Wooohooo! I have missed that so much. Then I saw an email from one of our favorite restaurants announcing that inside dining will be happening now that we have gone to Phase 3 and giving details and showing pictures of their redesigned space. Not sure when we will go, but I can't wait. So my day has started off on a positve note.

I saw this morning that there is the possibility of some dangerous weather in the Gulf States so be safe anyone in that area. Have a good day all. Stay safe and healthy.

Ginny B
            Levittown, NY

Comment

• CarlieBlilie
              CarlieBlilie commented
              Editing a comment
              I had not heard that about baseball next month. My husband really misses it. I do too but not as much as he does.

• Cokie
              Cokie commented
              Editing a comment
              We're anxiously awaiting the return of baseball too!
          • JulieC
            Missouri Star
            • Dec 2016

Good morning!

The weather has cooled down -- high today in the low 70's. The rain stopped before our porch visit with Mom yesterday. Patients are allowed only two visitors at a time, but of course a family of four showed up and were accommodated. Our visit was limited to 30 minutes as other families were waiting. I thought Mom wasn't as alert as last week. She was definitely tired and kept nodding off.

I have decided the universe does not want Mom to have her government stimulus check. I took it with me, and the facility helper tried to get Mom to sign it. Mom's fine motor skills have definitely declined. She tried to write her name on the check, but she wrote off the check, so only half of her last name shows. Then she wrote her father's name and started writing my sister's name. I doubt the bank will accept it. If they don't, I'm done trying to deal with it. Life is too short to spend this much time trying to deposit a check.

I turned one of my new panels into a curtain for my front door yesterday. The door has a long, narrow window in it. Anyone on the front step could see into the living room, which I do not like. I keep the window covered for privacy. I started using seasonal panels to decorate the door. I use a plain backing, add a hanging sleeve, and voila! Instant curtain.

Time for tea and work. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
              SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm happy to see that you are able to have visits with your mom. We are still waiting for final go-ahead for visits. It will be restricted to 1 family member per week, for 30 min. visit outside at 6' distance. Since I will be the one visiting, I have to sign an attestation that I will abide by rules, undergo a Covid test, and produce a negative result, which they will accept for 2 weeks. So in other words, I will be tested a lot this summer. I havent figured out how I am going to bring mom a hamburger and fries she is craving.

• JCY
              JCY commented
              Editing a comment
              Julie ~ Are you or some family member a POA for your mom? It sounds like she is no longer capable & the POA should take over this responsibility.
          • Nwmnteacher
            Missouri Star
            • Mar 2014

Good morning everyone,

Today it will be sunny, in the lower 80's, and not too much wind. Sounds like I'll be tempted to sit on the deck and read! But I do need to get those last 4 masks done for my niece. Yesterday was a work day at J's. Did you know that they are now pet friendly? I've seen some really cute dogs in the store. I love it! The store is getting ready for a big clearance sale starting Thursday I believe, so I was busy prepping for that.

The garden is doing pretty well. I replanted my green beans, and they were up in 5 days. The earlier planting didn't come up for almost 3 weeks, and then only about a third of them showed up! So strange.

Well, I'm off to fold a load of laundry and throw another in the washer. Have a blessed day everyone!
            Jeanne

Comment

• MSN
              MSN commented
              Editing a comment
              Pets are allowed in JoAnn's? I just don't get it--bringing pet dander into a fabric store. Why???

• Nwmnteacher
              Nwmnteacher commented
              Editing a comment
              MSN, so far I've probably seen 4-6 dogs and no cats. I'm not sure why the decision was made, but it hasn't seemed to be a problem, and our customers haven't complained. Many people take their "fur babies" along when they run errands, and this way, they aren't left in the hot cars. (We saw that happen in our parking lot once and had to call the authorities) Of course, the animal has to be well behaved, or they must leave the store.

• Monique
              Monique commented
              Editing a comment
              Being terribly afraid of dogs, I would not be happy.
          • Claire Hallman
            Missouri Star
            • Jun 2011

Not much going on here today. We had rain storms last night, there must have been a lot of rain since it washed some of the dirt out of the new flower bed. I haven't put mulch in yet since I am still trying to fix the irrigation so now a little clean up is required.
            I made a decision regarding the pop stars quilt...I am taking it apart and fixing it right. When trying to decide on possible applique I discovered two blocks that were sewn wrong, lots of frogging to do so for now it is on a hanger in the closet, bummer.pop stars.JPG
            I will get something for cornerstones, probably yellow, maybe white before I put it back together. I am glad I have only done stitch in the ditch or I would never take it apart.
            Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
              SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
              Editing a comment
              Love your quilt. Its beautiful.

• JCY
              JCY commented
              Editing a comment
              It looks fine without cornerstones. Why go to all that bother? I'd leave it like it is.

• Nwmnteacher
              Nwmnteacher commented
              Editing a comment
              I think it's beautiful just as it is.
          • Simply Quilting
            Missouri Star
            • Dec 2013

Good morning! It has been a different week for me as I am taking a week off from mask making at the store. We have been at it almost 3 months. This year has been so odd that it is hard to believe that next week is July. That also marks the first day of the new school year for us. (The school year runs July 1 to Jun 30 - just like public school and we can choose when we do school as long as we get in the requirements in the homeschool law.) I have taken some time to work on planning out the new school year. We normally go to a homeschooling conference which is very motivational but those have been cancelled for the year.

As far as sewing, I have spent some time cutting masks since I have had some bolts of fabric at home that I could use. I think later today I may get out fabric to cut for a quilt that I have been wanting to make.

Have a great day everyone!

Comment

• SuzyQue
              SuzyQue commented
              Editing a comment
              I home schooled our three kiddos. I miss that special time together. I know how much encouragement and motivation you can gather, along with books and supplies, at those conferences. Let me be the first to say, “Yay, you!” I know how hard this job is that you are undertaking! I hope you have an awesome year!
          • SuzanneOrleansOntario
            Missouri Star
            • Aug 2015

Good day everyone,

I'm trying to catch up with everyone's news -- boy, a lot going on.

I have been so busy that I don't even sit for my usual 2 coffees in the morning, before jumping in the shower to get the day started. I am also crashing at night. I have been doing a lot of gardening (mostly de-weeding), also spreading more mulch on the beds. I am a little more than half done, just the back stretch of our lot and the side with the pond. Then it will be done, and start over again. The garden has gone crazy -- the tomato plants are 3-4' tall and many have tomatoes on them. The beans, cucumbers, beets are doing really well. I have to thin the beets and get some rows going. My little chipmunk decided to dig and rearrange the seeds, so when they grew, they are all over the place. I had a friend's husband do some of the heavy landscaping - making a pea gravel path with hexagon rubber tiles and load river stone under one of our big blue spruce. Looks really good. I wont hesitate to hire him again, he's fast and reasonable.

Amara is all set up since last week, so we re-arranged the furniture in the basement to accommodate her. I did a bit of tossing, but could do more. I did quilt one Victoria quilt when the dealer was installing it. Now DH has loaded a small quilt to do. We figured it out, did first row, and forgot some steps on advancing it. Needless to say, Jack the Ripper was on hand. So today, we have printed instructions to follow us through to finishing it. We are using Pro-Stitcher, so a lot to learn. I think I will like it a lot. I have only told a few people, and 2 quilt friends. One I will have her help me to make Victoria quilts, the other, I probably shouldn't['t have told -- as she was begging me to quilt just a few quilts, offering to pay me. I don't want to quilt for others, at least not in the first year. I figure I will have enough to do, and it makes me nervous to quilt for others.

We have been getting together with friends, still distancing. Hairdressers are open with a lot of restrictions, but I will continue to colour my hair. I have an appt for a cut in July. I know that I can always cut mine again. I cut my son, step-son and husband's hair today. I have booked a massage in July as well -- again lots of rules. We are doing take-out more often, but no dining in restaurants. Our numbers are really low in Canada, less than 9,000 deaths, and measures will remain in place. Health officials will be quick to turn back phases if number should start to climb. I am concerned when I see what is happening in the US. We are not planning any big trips until 2021, so this is why we got the LA.

Mom is doing well -- she is considered Covid-free. She will be so happy when she can start getting her hair, nails and footcare. But these measures will be introduced very slowly.

Have a good day.

Monique - Bonne fete de St-Jean Baptiste.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• JCY
              JCY commented
              Editing a comment
              I need to check again to see if we can get a massage yet with the Colo. rules. I'm really needing a good massage! I usually get one every 4 wks. I've missed them. I finally bought a massage stick from Amazon; it was recommended by PT when I was having my appts. But it just isn't the same.

• Monique
              Monique commented
              Editing a comment
              Are you still using your Sweet 16?
          • SagedCrone
            Rotary Pro
            • Apr 2015

((Flying through on her broom to say "HI!"

really quick, I'm not into much today, really I just have no desire to be on the computer isn't that weird? Anyway, wanted to say hi...and catch up as quick as I could! Work continues on the camper when we can..discovered a small leak a few days ago..it's not structural really..coming through the AC where it's attached to the roof. It's my next fix of course..but I'm off for now (too hot for the camper) to go watch some tv and get some cross stitching done. I'm working on a gift for my sisters for xmas. You ladies all have a great day!!!

Sage, crone of AC leaks!
            😎 Happy Thread tails and trails

Sage

Comment

• Monique
              Monique commented
              Editing a comment
              I looked up the word 'crone'.
          • JCY
            Missouri Star
            • Jul 2013

Sage ~ You crack me up! Good to read your humor.

I'm back after a busy day. Bought groc. this a.m. Needed salmon for DH; I bought 3 large filets & got them cut up for the freezer into individual servings. My first stop was the garden center. I'm late getting my plants this year -- delayed by PT treatments, an infected finger, the plumbing problem & turmoil over the kitchen sink drain, etc. The place I usually buy most of my plants was doing only on line ordering with curb pick-up. By the time I was ready to buy, they were out of most things. So I went to the main garden center, where, of course, I paid more. I bought 3 planters of geraniums for the patio. One is a Citronella Geranium. I've never seen one before. It's all green leaves right now, but if it gets 6 hrs. or > of sun, it will bloom. When one brushes the leaves, it gives off the citronella scent like in a citronella candle to keep away the mosquitoes. I bought my usual 3 Purple Fountain Grass & 8 (4 pk) of impatiens for the back yard flower beds. Now to do the work.

It's a scorcher today! Our high temp. so far has been 99 deg. It was not supposed to get this hot!

Comment

• SagedCrone
              SagedCrone commented
              Editing a comment
              Aww..thanks....gotta always try to look on the bright or funny side of life..it's the only way to get out alive!
          Working...
          X