• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Smile to Start the Week! πŸ˜€

Hope y’all have a wonderful week!

CE9957F9-EE79-436A-A146-0D2316BCE0F6.png
    πŸ’« Star lover

I have the URGE to buy but don't need anything. I am staying away from fabric as much as it breaks my heart.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Yeah, me too. Sigh, got an extra tissue? Gina

Comment

• Nwmnteacher
        Nwmnteacher commented
        Editing a comment
        It's REALLY difficult when a person works at JoAnns!

WOW.....the manager at Jo-Ann has been the manager there for several years. She's asked me several times (especially during the Christmas season) if I'd like to work for her. Uh, no thanks.
      I think if I worked for Jo-Ann's I'd probably take all my wages home in fabric TBH, so I agree with you Nwmnteacher.....I really do!
      th4SWBSDFA.jpg
      Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
      http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

I worked at Bouclair when I was a teenager. It was the most inspiring fabric store in our city. It carried all types of fabrics. I have to say I didnt make much money, but oh, was I a well-dressed teenager.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

An employee at a LQS told me that one payday, instead of a paycheck, the shop owner gave her a bill detailing how much more she owed. Definitely a hazard of the job, especially if you get a sweet employee discount.

Comment

Suzanne....my daughter felt the same way. I made all her clothes until she was married (I made her scrubs for work now and the Christmas PJ's for her family). Her friends were so jealous. She loved it, she had clothes that no one else had. I honestly thought that when the "Designer Clothes" came out, she'd want what her friends had...nope, she loved being set apart from everyone else.

I remember my 2nd son being bullied (sort of) about the jeans he wore every day. Some kid who's dad was a doctor came up to our son and said "So, where are your _______(some designer name) jeans Travis?? Travis stopped for a second, acted as if he were looking at the label of his jeans and said "Hmm you know, I have 3 pair of Rustler Jeans from K-Mart compared to your ONE pair. Not only that, but I think these jeans fit me just fine." WHOA.....I was amazed AND proud of my son. I knew that having a disabled dad & mom wasn't easy on the kids sometimes due to our income. Sure, the kids didn't go without....in fact we always said "Here X amount of dollars for shoes. If you want the name brand shoes, you'll have to put some money with it." Of course a couple of times the kids did buy those EXPENSIVE shoes....or we got them the much coveted Starter Jacket they wanted for Christmas.
            I honestly think it helped the kids to see what life really was. They knew that we had their best interest at heart, yet they never complained about not having all the things some of their friends did.
            I loved sewing clothes for my daughter. I made quite a few Homecoming Dresses for a few of her friends and Prom Dresses too. My daughter seemed to always be thrilled that her prom dresses cost $35-$45 instead of the $100-$200 of some of her friends. I honestly knew her friends thought her clothes were the "bomb" when a few of her friends asked to borrow a few of her dresses to go to other proms instead of asking their parents for something "new".

My mom never learned to sew.....I wished she had. My dad was the one that made our square dance skirts in 3rd grade...and made 2 other little girls skirts whose parents otherwise wouldn't have been able to afford to do that.
            Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
            http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

Working...
            X