Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunday Greetings! :) - Happy Father's Day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday Greetings! :) - Happy Father's Day!

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Not sure if we have any fathers on here today. I was thinking of Handsome Ryan this morning, wondering how he & his family are. Anyway, Happy Father's Day! I sent e-cards to all my kids & gr. son.

We had 92 deg. yest., so the heat is back. The next few days it's supposed to be in the 80's.

Finally! I started a new sewing project yest.! So good to be back to sewing again after all that plumbing disruption! I started the Smoke & Fire quilt. I got all the 2.5" strips cut, then started sewing the strips sets. I found some B & W fabric in my stash to add to the other 9 fabrics, so I have a good variety. I like to cut my 42" strips in half so the piecing is more accurate & there is a wider variety of fabrics in the blocks. I need 80 (6.5") blocks.

Today will be church by YT again. I don't think I'll be going back to church until they go "live" at the church. There is a memorial service at our church on Tues. for the police officer who died in Mar. of cancer. I plan to watch it, rather than go in person.

I hope everyone has a good day. Enjoy your family.

Good Morning!

Yesterday was quite nice, had the house open all day until a threatened storm. Opened it back up at bedtime. When I got up temp was 59 with a dewpoint of 58. Not sure if it will be humid or not. We are supposed to get thunderstorms late afternoon/early evening.

My daughter and her family will be coming over late afternoon to drop off Makayla so she can take her permit test tomorrow. They have to wait for Makayla to get off work at 3:30 and then they have several errands to run. Must be here in town otherwise they would do them first. To save them some time I volunteered to make supper and since there are storms threatening around supper time I'm making her Ravioli Lasagna.

I am planning to do a little hand quilting this morning and then I'm putting the quilt away until Makayla is back home. Otherwise it is going to be a quiet day. Hope everyone has a great Father's Day.!
    Carlie

Comment

Good morning!
      It looks to be another pretty day! Maybe I'll get myself to do some yard work. The landscaper who was here two weeks ago never came back. He gave us a price, we agreed, and we never heard from him again. Why give us a price and an approximate start date if you don't want the job? Amazes me! We got a referral from someone else and gave that guy a call now. His message says he'll return any calls tomorrow. I don't think we'll get anyone to do the work this season.
      I need to get to JoAnn Fabrics today to get a couple things and to Walmart, too. We have reservations for dinner out this evening for Father's Day. Just me and Mike- his sons aren't nearby. It's a nice local restaurant with good food and a decent wine list.
      Before we moved in here I started to take down wallpaper in the hall bath. It's really hard to get down. Well, so many other things have taken priority so, 9 months later, it's still not done! We've talked about having the whole thing remodeled and will probably end up doing that. The previous owners * glued* a bath mat to the tub floor and it's very old and very yellowed now. I'm afraid there might be mold under it. Besides, I don't like the color of the tub. It's a light green fiberglass shower-tub combo. I like white or beige. The contractor we use (I had him do a lot of work for me in my previous home) will give us a better price if we wait till winter. We don't use that bathroom much since there's another full bath with the master bedroom.
      Enough rambling!! Time to get started with the day.
      Have a happy day!
      ~ Carol from PA

Comment

• CarlieBlilie
        CarlieBlilie commented
        Editing a comment
        We removed the wallpaper from our bathroom. What a job. My grandparents put it up probably after the flood of '65. Paper came off but the glue remained. It took loads of scraping to finally get it done.

• Dove
        Dove commented
        Editing a comment
        After removing wallpaper from the one wall in my sewing room, I decided I rather clean 100 bathrooms than take down more wallpaper! This bathroom that I started last August is a lot worse. I soak, then scrape, then steam, then scrape some more, then steam and scrape again to get the glue off. Downstairs in the hallway and entry, the paper just peeled right off, no problem, no
        glue residue. When we were looking for a house last year we had to pass up one just because of the wallpaper. Every single room (8 rooms and 3 baths) had a different wallpaper. My contractor said it would require new drywall throughout because the wallpaper was pulling apart the drywall.

• TMP
        TMP commented
        Editing a comment
        My husband put up wall paper in my kitchen back in the mid 90's. I got tired of it and started taking it down. The wall paper came off easy. It was the glue that gave me problems. I would think I had it all off and it would bead up as soon as a paint brush hit the wall. A contractor told me I should have just had the walls resheet rocked.

Good morning. My DH is smoking a brisket for our Father’s Day dinner. We will make the sides and dessert. Hopefully the weather will cooperate, so we can eat outside.

we are finally moving into the green phase next week. I decided to have our hair stylist come to our house last Friday to cut our hair. My son is starting an internship on Monday.it felt so good to get some hair off my neck.

I cont to plug away on my quilt blocks. I need to set a goal date to have this one done.

Comment

Good Morning to all. This is my first fathers day without my dad and while I am sad and miss him terribly, being pain free and with my mom and other loved ones in heaven is comforting.

Not much planned for today, I did manage to sew 4 small hexie flowers yesterday and might get some more sewn today.

Hugs to all!

Comment

Good Morning and Happy Fathers Day to our guy quilters. I baked Jeff his special coconut cake and I will be grilling beef kebabs and veggies later today. I think rice pilaf sounds like a good side. I was fortunate to have a tray of sirloin steaks in the freezer. The price of beef here is staggering. The next time whole boneless pork loins are on sale for $1.50 a pound one will come home with me. I like to cut our chops and package them. I always save A 2-3 pound section for pork roast or mexican chalupa beans.

My wonderful Dad passed on Leap Year Day 2008, about one month after Jeff and I got married. I have felt like an orphan since that day, as I am the only living person from my birth family. I have a daughter and two Grands and they are the joy of my ❤️.

Im almost done sewing the Irish Change blocks to the LC squares. Painting the house has slowed me down considerably. Next will be a pixelated heart quilt.

I need to get moving...have a great day everyone. Hugs.....
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

thQ2A9SYO1Bless you.jpg Good morning everyone!
            I've been busy sorting some fabric I found in a box in the back of a closet in a downstairs bedroom yesterday!!!
            It was like Christmas & my Birthday all rolled into one! I found 67 yards of fabric I some how forgot about....yippee!! It's mostly white and cream color broadcloth. I also found a beautiful light yellow broadcloth (6 yrs of that) and I was stumped as to why I would buy 6 yds of light/pale yellow fabric.
            Trust me, if Jo-Ann's ever runs out of fabric, I'm sure I have enough to keep their doors open for at least 24-48 hours!!
            I sure am glad it wasn't a bunch of fabric I purchased on a whim and forgot what I purchased it for.

A couple of months ago, I started taking inventory of the fabrics I had. Since then when I purchase fabrics, I come home and put it on a spread sheet. I put the name/color of fabric, the date I purchased it, what my plans were for it's use, etc. I also started putting a piece of paper in the fabric with a note as to what I purchase the fabric for, how many yards the piece had, etc. I also keep a list of the fabrics I purchase on my cell phone as well.

I was looking around on You Tube around 4 am and found this amazing video on how to make some small cloth bags to use for putting a gift in, etc. Here's the video. I think some of you might enjoy this video, and possibly might want to make some of these bags to give for a Christmas gift, etc. I am always trying to find something different to make to give as handmade gifts. Several years ago, I started giving the women in the family a set of pillowcases and some of those dish towels you crochet (you cut the towels in half and then crochet so that the towel can hang from a kitchen cabinet door or drawer.) Anyways after giving these two items for a gift for 2-3 yrs, the next Christmas I gave everyone a gift certificate to some place I thought the person would enjoy....and to my surprise, everyone person really looked forward to the pillowcases and the dish towels!!!!
            So, I now give the family & friends the pillow cases , dishtowels and a couple of knitted dishcloths every year.....I haven't tried to give them anything different any more simply because if they like the gift that well, why change things!

Just so you don't think I forgot to provide the link for the bag pattern.....I did NOT forget. When I watched the video for the first time, I didn't realize she didn't give the dimensions for the bag. (she gave the dimensions for the straps/handles, but that was the only measurement she provided.
            I normally won't WATCH videos that require you to pay for a pattern when someone makes a YouTube video. It's petty I know, but I look at it this way : If you are a successful YouTuber, the amount of money that you are paid by YouTube is pretty substantial and to ask someone to pay for a pattern....well, it's something I didn't do when I had my YouTube paper crafting vlog. (and my channel wasn't monetized either.....meaning I didn't get paid at all by You Tube.

So, just so YOU know.....there is a cost to the pattern this gal has made a video of on YouTube. Here's the link :
            https://youtu.be/8H02XaPMLHM

Again, I'm really sorry.....I didn't realize there was a cost for the pattern!!

Enjoy!
            Last edited by redcaboose1717; June 21, 2020, 10:21 AM.
            Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
            http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

• Simply Quilting
              Simply Quilting commented
              Editing a comment
              Several years ago, I did the spreadsheet inventory. I had all the fabric in the living room to organize it and put it in numbered boxes. It worked great and made things so much simpler to find. Plus, I knew what I had. The bad part came when I stopped putting in the new fabric that I would buy. I really should take some time to update the system.

Good Afternoon everyone,

Church was nice today. We're still spaced out, and back into the Summer in the Psalms time. Today was Psalm 55.

Mike gets off at 2:30 today. We have left overs from last night's Chinese dinner, so no cooking. I need to put a last cleaning on the kitchen and I'll be ready for Cecelia to come. She's leaving Charlotte after 2 so she should be here around 8. Hopefully she won't have to stop at the welcome station to be 'checked'.

Not much planned today. Gabby's snuggly, I think she knows she's not coming to the beach with me, or she missed me while I was gone for church.

I didn't even realize it was our anniversary. This spring/ summer has been so weird. I can't keep up with the day of the week much less the date. Have a great day.
            Katrina
            “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Dove
              Dove commented
              Editing a comment
              Happy Anniversary!

• CarlieBlilie
              CarlieBlilie commented
              Editing a comment
              Happy Anniversary!

• MSN
              MSN commented
              Editing a comment
              Thinking of you, Katrina, on this bittersweet day. With it being both Father's Day and your anniversary, I'm sure you are really missing Howard today.

Good Afternoon! Just having a quiet day at home today. DH is pretty worn out from work. They did finally turn the A/C on but they can't turn on the line fans unless they want to be fully masked. Of course, with DH's job, he is in a mask at all times anyway.

We are starting to get back to somewhat normal. Little one has started doing speech therapy again. He was really good about putting on a mask until someone said something and off it went. He would not put it back on. Thankfully, he was called back shortly for therapy. We have had some church activities for the children outside and there are both on-line and in-person services.

I have sewn a little bit on baby quilt for donation. I have several tops done that are going to need to be quilted. I am hoping that starting in July, I will be home more so that I can get into the sewing room more often.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Comment

Good afternoon & Happy father's Day to all!

We will have shrimp [email protected] later with the kids. Our son was out fishing all night so he is sleeping in today. DD and grandson will stop for a visit.

Next week will be a busy week but I went into the office yesterday so I can take a few days off. Nice trade.

Lots of fun projects for our home and yard in my head. This is the year for spruce up and we'll keep the momentum going. I'm feeling better about them now and the frustration level is going down. Every decision has a pro/con which can make it hard to decide. It's getting easier.

Happy Stitches to all!

Comment

What a weekend! It started out nice - DH and I went to Amish country and got strawberries, then stopped at a favorite restaurant for pie. He took the cat to the vet in the afternoon because he can't/won't sit all the way down or hold his tail up straight. Vet thinks he must have hurt himself somehow but he didn't find anything wrong and Mr. Boo doesn't seem to be in pain, is eating and drinking OK. Then in the evening, DH spiked a fever of 102 degrees. Because of his health issues, it was off to the ER. After a bunch of tests, xrays and scans, they determined it was a virus. His fever was down by the time we got to the ER so no one was too worried. He had a covid test which was negative and really put our minds at ease. Got home about 2:30 a.m. Then this afternoon he complained of his leg hurting. I looked at it and it was all red and hot. So he called the doctor and it was off to the ER again. Cellulitis. Seems to happen about once a year. They gave him antibiotics in the ER then started an IV for more antibiotics and admitted him. They said they would keep him overnight but I'm sure it will be a few days. And, visiting hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. - no exceptions! Not sure what I'll do since I work 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. We'll figure it out as we go. Just got home and I need to throw in a load of wash and do something with the rest of the strawberries before I go to bed. We're having quite a lightening show outside complete with thunder. A fitting end to a crazy weekend, I guess. DS and I promised DH a delayed Father's Day dinner when he gets home. We got him some Cleveland Indians sleep pants and a Cleveland water bottle for the gym. He loved them so at least part of the day was good.

Here's hoping for a better week ahead.

Comment

• KPH
                  KPH commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Keeping you and yours in my thoughts and prayers.

• JCY
                  JCY commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thoughts & prayers, Cokie.

Cecelia didn't leave Charlotte until 4, that would put her arriving around 10. She stopped, lights started flashing in her car. Mike has his meter ready to go as soon as she gets here so we can have a diagnosis reading for the dealership in the morning. I guess tomorrow will be get the car fixed day.
                Katrina
                “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Decent weather today.
                  Kitchen clutter put away. (The counters have flat-surfaceitis. Any flat surface collects stuff that is in hand when Hubby walks through the front door, usually from work.)
                  I did a bit of stitching before heading outside to help put up the bird netting over the blueberry bushes. We have a couple that have turned blue already. While I was waiting for Eric to get himself together to put up the netting, I started weeding the veggie garden. Our radishes bolted, so the chickens all had a leafy treat. After the netting got up, I worked on the vegetables again. The garden weeding is done and the next round of crops are ready to go in the ground in the morning. We had a lovely salad with our own lettuce tonight.
                  Im going to go sew a bit more and turn in.
                  Be who you are and say what you feel
                  because those who mind don't matter,
                  and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

• JCY
                    JCY commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Blueberries ~ That brings up memories. When I was grade school age, & we lived in Mich., we went to a blueberry farm to pick berries. I must have eaten as many as I picked! I was soooo sick during the night -- throwing up, etc. For a long time I never wanted to see another blueberry! I love them now.

Graduation2020.jpg
                  I'm late, but I'm here! Thank you for the kind thoughts.

That handsome young man in the blue shirt is the little baby who arrived in the middle of a snowstorm and ended up in an incuator the day before Valentine's Day in 2014. He's about to be a first grader! The pretty little one arrived about a year and a half later, after we moved back to Tennessee.
                  I got my first degree in Elementary Education in May [I got graduation pictures even though we didn't have a graduation, Thanks Covid] and I start a program in August to get a second one. Being a professional horticulturist was too easy and paid too well so being an elementary school teacher seemed like just the ticket for a more difficult career with lower pay. 🤣

Other than a few masks, I'm not doing a whole lot of sewing these days. I took Ray's Sew Purty class last summer and restored a 19-teens treadle and I've since done a partial restoration and conversion to hand crank on a 1925 Singer. I let the kids use the hand crank machine and they have both made clothes on it.

I hope everyone is well here.

Loosely based on a true story.

Comment

• Hulamoon
                    Hulamoon commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Welcome back, Congratulations, Happy Fathers Day and Beautiful Kids!! That would be a huge banner. lol

• JCY
                    JCY commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Congratulations on your accomplishments, Ryan. Good to see you & the kids.

• Cokie
                    Cokie commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Congrats, Ryan. Sawyer and Miss Daisy are getting so big. Great photo. Thanks for sharing.
                Working...
                X