Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KPH
    replied
    Good Morning Monique and those who follow.

It sounds like you're having a great week with Maizyn, other than the flies.

I kept busy around here yesterday. I finished up the two baby quilts. One thing checked off of the list, two things out of the box of UFOs. Mike found a portfolio that I can scavenge the cardboard out of, so he's thinking that's going to move it up the list. Ha Ha!

I talked to Russell yesterday. He's sworn to secrecy, so he spilled the beans to me. Melinda went to her oncologist on Monday. Her numbers were worrisome to that doctor and she's called in a whole host of doctors and put her on a new medication for her to take before she restarts chemo. That medication made her sick so she didn't go to the dr. appt for yesterday. Anyway, I'm really worried that she's not telling Russell everything. She finally agreed to sell their house in Tampa. It sold in 3 days. She called the realtor that Russell's been looking for a house in West Jefferson, NC and gave her a 2 week window to find him a house, he has to approve the house. She's serious about that time limit, Russell can take forever to make a decision (as in 4 years to pick a car). Russell said, she's not in a good place, and he doesn't know if she's got it in her to fight like she did last time. That's about all I know from there.

I need to start a list of things to pack. I haven't had to pack for a trip in 2 years. My toiletries bag is due an overhaul! Have a great day!

Leave a comment:

• JulieC
    replied
    Good morning!

Our picture-perfect weather is about to end -- today will be warm (low 80's) and muggy, with a chance of thunderstorms this afternoon. The weekend will be hot with temps near 90.

I had a good visit with my friend at lunch yesterday. There weren't that many of us in the restaurant. They had several of the tables and every other booth blocked off for social distancing. None of the customers wore masks. The staff did but some of them only had their mouths covered. My friend told me a gal I worked with 20 years ago passed away recently. She was close to Mom's age -- upper 80's, I think. She was sweet lady. Whenever she had extra tomatoes, she would make sauce and bring in homemade pizza for us. My friend was disappointed her family didn't have a funeral.

I took my sister a piece of pie from the restaurant. They had a limited menu, and my sister's favorite key lime was not on it. I had to get her second favorite -- chocolate peanut-butter. We chatted for a bit outside. She really needs to get some new lawn furniture. She got rid of the plastic chairs when we moved Mom out (I don't know why, they were fine). She's using rickety woven lawn chairs that date back to when I was a kid. I'm surprised the webbing held, it was not in pristine condition.

I need a second cup of tea before logging into my work chat. Have a wonderful day!

Leave a comment:

• Monique
    started a topic Well it's Friday!!

Well it's Friday!!

WOW where has the week gone? Time is just going way too fast. Maizyn and I had a good day yesterday. We still can't do much outside because of the black flies. I have never seen them so bad so late in the year. They should be gone by now. Usually the dragonflies come and eat them all. I have only seen maybe 2 so far. I don't know where they are.

We did go out for a picnic to another town that doesn't have black flies. We also visited a friend of mine at a distance of course. It was good to catch up with her. She almost lost her sister last week. She may be calling on me to take her to the Eastern Townships. It is about a 4 hour drive from here.

Maizyn and I had our swim around suppertime last night. She loves the water and is slowly learning how to swim. The pool is above ground so it is not over her head, perfect for her. We may have thunderstorms this afternoon so we shall see what develops if we swim or not.

One of my neighbours is moving and last night we went and got the tree from my late Bonnie's house. I don't know what kind of tree it is but it is an indoor one. She has two bay windows and she was pretty excited to have this tree. Bonnie's children and I as well, are pretty happy that it has finally found a new home. You need a fairly big place to have such a tree. Speaking of Bonnie's children, they are coming up this weekend. Hopefully we can meet maybe tomorrow. Sunday we take Maizyn back and meet up half way with her Dad. I know he is really missing her. Her mother does not contact her/me at all during the time she is here. Her father calls every day. (Oh well)

So have a great day friends and weekend ahead. Stay safe and healthy.

Working...
X