Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Saturday Morning

Good Morning All,

It's going to be a busy day. Jim's going to be working on getting things ready for his interviews on Monday and Wednesday. Morgan works today. The kids are coming over here... apparently everyone else is busy. Mike's going to work, so it will be me and three until he gets home.

I worked in my sewing room yesterday. I have all of my 'projects' stacked in one big tote. Baby quilts, then Christmas Uglies, then Mike's portfolio cover, and finally my Sewquester fabrics. I still have a stack of squares for more Christmas uglies, but they haven't been started and I don't know that I'll need them.

I talked to my MIL yesterday and told her about Jim's prospects. She's starting a prayer chain on her end. I think the pastor has 'voted' for staying in Jacksonville. Maybe he'll start the elders of the church praying on that!

The news here is all about the count down until the RNC. 71 days isn't a lot of time to pull things together! I don't envy the coordinators they've really got their work cut out for them.

I need to get busy, have breakfast and get dressed before the kids get here. Have a great day!

Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Good morning!

We have another sunny day here. Temps will be in the mid 60's. I have a few errands to run today. I've been a little spoiled with the telework running errands during the week, it will be interesting to see how busy the stores are on a weekend. One of these days I need to get a haircut. The wait times are back to normal.

I don't have any plans for the sewing room this weekend. I have a WIP I can work on if the mood strikes. There is a lot of re-organizing I would like to do around the house; that will be my priority.

Time for some breakfast and a cup of tea. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

Good Morning...we have an early appointment to take Sugar to see the vet for a possible ear infection. We should be home home in time for a late breakfast.

Our weather is dry for the next week but the humidity will be high. I did a little work in the yard yesterday, mostly pulling weeds. The hardy hibiscus should be blooming by the end of the month. We look forward to them every year.

I worked in the sewing room a little yesterday. We are going to begin painting the living room today, so there won’t be time to sew.

Kat, praying that Jim will get the job.

Wishing everyone a good Saturday ..
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Peace of mind!!! 😊 Using the camera to view our kitchen sink drain yest. a.m. took <1 hr. Pretty neat the way they can run that cable down & view everything. We watched the screen as he advanced the light. Yes! All clear! What a relief. We started putting back some of the furniture, pictures, & nick nacks yest. p.m. Lots more to do, but I'll take it a little at a time.

After the scope of the drain, I headed over to my usual groc. store, plus Whole Foods, the only place where I can get my turkey bacon. Their organic asparagus is very good. They also have many goodies in their baker dept. It was noon & I was hungry -- not a good time to shop. -- lol -- I bought some peanut butter cookies & yielded to temptation for a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. I cut it up into small servings & froze all of it except 1 small piece. For a store bought cake, it was very tasty.

Our high temp. yest. was 97. It was a nice, sunny day.

Yest. eve. I did the veg. prep. for chicken soup, which I'll be making this a.m., so I need to get going. It will be a busy morning.

Comment

• CarlieBlilie
          CarlieBlilie commented
          Editing a comment
          Awesome! Now no worries about the drain. I like your idea to freeze most of your goodies and take them out one at a time. Would be a good way to avoid temptation for me.

• Paisley
          Paisley commented
          Editing a comment
          Great news! I’m so happy that this is done and you have peace of mind.

• KPH
          KPH commented
          Editing a comment
          That is the best news I've heard all day!

Good morning friends. Hubby and Maizyn are headed to town to see if they can find a birthday gift for his sister. I get a little time to myself. My back is still killing me.

Not really nuch time to sew around here but I do have a few masks and a scrub bag to make.

The drive-in was fun but we didn't stay very long into the second movie, too tired.

Have a great weekend everyone.
        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• Nwmnteacher
          Nwmnteacher commented
          Editing a comment
          Monique, I remember when lots of small towns had drive-ins. Now there are very few . We are lucky to have one only 20 miles from us. Remember the speakers that hung on the window? You always hoped you'd get a "good one", not one with scratchy sound.

• JCY
          JCY commented
          Editing a comment
          I think the first movie I ever went to was at a drive-in. It might have been Gone with the Wind. Yes, I remember those scratchy speakers.

Good morning. It will be a cooler day here. Hopefully my DH will not gripe too much while he is replacing parts of our fence. The panels arrived yesterday. I had to have my DD stay at the house to wait for the delivery, since I had to go get an injection in my hip. The del. guy showed up while I was gone. He did us a favor and helped unload and move the panels. One would think the delivery company would have their people help the average person.

Now we have to have a plumber come next week a fix the drain in our bathtub. My DH finally told me it is not draining properly. I checked and it is broken.

Have a a great day.
        Beth

Comment

Good morning!
          Yesterday we drove to a little store where we bought all the kitchen appliances when the kitchen was remodeled. It's about 25 miles away, near where I used to live. Mike thought he would like to have a small upright freezer in the basement. So when we got there, we did purchase one. It was one of the last 3 the store had. They sold all three of them in the 20-30 minutes that we were there. The guy said they had sold 10 day before, that people said they couldn't find them anywhere else. And they sell things for a lot less then the big box stores. Boy, did we luck out! So the electrician is coming this morning to see what it takes to put another outlet in the basement. There are only 2 outlets in the whole basement-- one where the washer is plugged in and one next to the electric panel, up high on the wall.

Every day I say I'm going to be in my sewing room working on the latest quilt. Well, today that's really going to happen. I have so much to get done before our party on July 4th. I ordered fabric yesterday to make quillows for the grandkids. It's supposed to arrive on Monday. The online store always ships the day the fabric is ordered. I'll work on the quilt that will be for the drawing at the party and try to get that done before the quillow fabrics arrive. I haven't ever made a quillow using a panel so I'm looking forward to seeing how they turn out.

Have a happy day!
          ~ Carol from PA

Comment

Yesterday I added borders to my Pop Stars quilt and figured out what to do for a back. I am going to make a wild back using some of the tiny hst that I decided not to use on the front. A row of them across the back separating two red/cream prints.😎 Since I am using red thread to quilt most of this it should work well.
            Our new raised flower bed is partly done. I plan to get out there and turn over some of the dirt and remove some of the worse rocks. I did a bit yesterday and uncovered about 50 roofing nails 😲and one whole brick. Construction workers will use about anything to backfill around a foundation. 🙄 Eventually I will be able to plant there and I am looking forward to seeing flowers out the window close by.

Comment

Good morning everyone,

Yesterday was a work day at J's. We were steadily busy all day, then it slowed down around 50, which was nice because we're in the process of moving lots of fabric and rearranging. It was a lot of physical work...those bolts of knit fabric are heavy! I was pooped when I got home, was in bed and sound asleep by 90. I don't remember a thing until I woke up at 6:30.

The weather will cooperate today....no rain!! The farmers in the area have lots of water standing in their fields....not a happy sight. We had such a wet fall that many couldn't get their crops harvested in time, and now this.

Not sure of my plans for today except to do some more weeding in the garden.

Joy, I'm so glad your plumbing issues are done.
              Katrina, I sure hope your son gets the job in Jacksonville!
              Monique, praying your back recovers soon so you can enjoy your time with Maizyn. BTW, I just love her name!

Enjoy the day. Jeanne

Comment

• CarlieBlilie
                CarlieBlilie commented
                Editing a comment
                I was wondering how things were up north, seeing that you guys were getting rain and storms earlier. We don't have any standing water and we have not gotten the rain you have, just went further north.

Good Morning,

Slept in a little this morning, very cool overnight but it was hot yesterday and we got just a smidgen of rain. Dave and I (mostly Dave) got the new aquarium set up and all the fish and inverts transferred. I'm going to like this better as the live rock he had in the other aquarium was stacked up quite high. This new one is wider so the rock can come down more. He is worried that he may have buried a piece of mushroom rock (it is a live invertebrate that looks like a mushroom) and will search for this this morning once the lights come on.

We are off to visit our daughter and grandkids in Owatonna this afternoon. My daughter has her hair appt at 2 and her oldest needs to be to work at 4. She works for her other grandma at Taco John's. Good experience for her. We will also stop to get our charcoal since no one in town here has it. Not sure if we will stay for supper. We will probably take our dogs with

Took, Augie, my longhair dachshund, in to get his nails trimmed. He is such an anxious dog, I was able to pet him while the gal trimmed his nails. We've had him for 8 years. His previous owner passed away from cancer about a year before we got him and her husband was going to put him down as he didn't want to be bothered with him. The guy had a new girlfriend and they were travelling a lot. I found out about him through a good friend at work, also a quilter. It was her sister who had passed away. I think Augie just felt very lost. It took about 3 years for him to understand that Dave was not going to hurt me. If I'm not in the room when he wakes up he starts "pacing" and looking for me. To top it off I think he cannot see and his hearing is very bad too. But he sures loves his "mommy".

I'm off for a shower and breakfast, Have a great day everyone.

Carlie

Comment

• JCY
                JCY commented
                Editing a comment
                Lucky you -- getting to sleep in. That never happens at our house, since I'm DH's caregiver. My clock radio alarm goes off at 5 a.m., 7 days a week!

• CarlieBlilie
                CarlieBlilie commented
                Editing a comment
                I don't usually sleep in but I'm not up at 5 any more either. Until I retired last year I was usually up about 4:30 for work and then driving an hour one way. Lots of OT too which was soo much stress. My usual time now to get up is somewhere between 6 and 6:30. I also don't have someone who needs extra special care either, although my husband would not say he doesn't need it.

Back again ~ It feels good to sit down after being on my feet all morning making the chicken soup. It made 14 qts. I wiped the grease off all the kettles & bowls, etc. before washing them. I'm being very careful about what goes down the drain!

We've got partly cloudy skies & 90 deg. now. I think there is a chance of a thunderstorm later today.

I just watched Jenny's tutorial from yest. It's a cute quilt, but I'm not really into applique. It would be too tedious for me to make something like that. I am hoping to get all my quilting stuff back in place soon. Now that DH has freed up many of his magazine holders, I'll use them to better organize my BLOCK mags. & other quilting mags.

Well, time for lunch. I need to get the chicken soup containers put in the freezer.

Comment

• CarlieBlilie
                CarlieBlilie commented
                Editing a comment
                I came from a family of 6 and mom didn't like to cook so when I got old enough I did the cooking. I've been married 46 years and I'm still cooking for 6 (never tried to get out of the habit). I freeze a lot of meals. Came in handy when working because we had meals to take to work to heat up. I usually don't make my soups until the fall as my husband thinks it is only very cold weather food. I can eat soup any day of the week. I've see you have done veggie soup and chicken. I make those but my favoriate is veggie beef with all sorts of veggies. My mom taught me her recipe which was basically beef, carrots, potatoes and cabbage. I've gone a bit further, I absolutely love to cook, and make my own broth and have additional veggies of leek, rhutabaga, green bean, corn, peas. The last three are usually the frozen kind. My husband's favorite is chicken & wild rice or chicken and dumpling.

• JCY
                JCY commented
                Editing a comment
                Carlie ~ The soup I make for DH is chicken & rice with celery & carrots in it. I usually do the veg. prep. the night before because it saves me about 90 min. to 2 hrs. on soup making day. DH is very allergic to MSG & flavorings. All his food has to be cooked from scratch. No seasonings except salt. I make Minestrone Soup (I add ground turkey) for myself occasionally. I make a big batch & freeze up most of it.

Well, we had company come calling this morning... the 'horses' next door charged through the fence. I knew it was a matter of time before they barged their way through. It was something, they bounded up on the porch barking at Gabby. She 'protected her turf' through the safety of the sliding glass doors. I, on the other hand wasn't too sure they weren't coming through the glass. They're heads are waist high on me! I had no desire to have them any where around with my grands in the house.

Needless to say, I had NO requests to go outside from the kiddos. Gabby only went out on her leash. I won't let her run loose until they fix the fencing. I replaced part of one neighbors fence because Jim's dog, Pepper was coming to my house. I didn't want her going through the weak points of their fence. This is on the other side of my house. The lawn guy and girl friend are renting the house, but the fence on that side is rotting away and it all needs to be replaced. I don't know if the owners will take care of it, or if it's going to be another stop gap measure.

Anyway, I'm putting my feet up for a while and resting from entertainment duties.
              Katrina
              “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

The dirt is turned, most of the grass and much of the clay is discarded into the woods and I have collapsed on the porch. When I recover [if ever] I am going to go get some gypsum to help with all that clay. No sewing today.😓
                Don't work too hard today friends.

Comment

Hello Saturday!

Late to the party today. We are making progress. The house trim is painted and bushes trimmed down. A few more items on the list will be done on Monday. I've been stitching the 8 dinosaur blocks. The little one (g-son) needs another mask so I will switch plans to get it sewn.

The outside lights arrived and the fabric order too. Life is good here. LOL!

Joy, Glad the drain is clear and you get everything put back together.

Dove, Those freezers are going fast. Good that you got to the store first.

Comment

Working...
                  X