Happy Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Friday

Good morning everyone. We went to the drive-in last night with Maizyn. We had to bring our own snacks. Hubby made coffee out the back of the van. We didn't stick around very long as the second movie played. It was Dr. Dolittle. We got home around 1:30am. Maizyn was up at 6:30 but I slept until 7:30.

I put my back out carrying a dresser from upstairs. It went to my son's house and will be in Maizyn's room. I am not moving very quickly. I hope it gets better soon.

I will be making a few masks for my son and some ear savers for his significant other. I want to make her a bag to carry her scrubs in. We will keep Maizyn until the 21st. Then it is back to work for me. I have already been asked for the 18th but declined. I won't work while I have Maizyn here with us.

Not sure what this day will bring. Time to make her favorite breakfast, PANCAKES!!!

Have a great day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Good Morning All,

Mike got called into work this morning. Which is good. He's been home most of the week. It will be nice to have the house to myself this morning. I need to spend it in my sewing room, cleaning up paper piecing scrappiness. I finished July's door hanging. I still have to make something for August and September, then I'll have something for every month.

Melinda and Cecelia are coming down 6/22. I'm looking forward to seeing them. The house needs a good going over before they get here! Cecelia has found an airbnb in Ponte Vedra. I laughed when I got the text. Ponte Vedra is only about 40 minutes from my house. Not sure, but it's probably ocean front. We'll be close enough to come back to the house if we need anything. It's a beautiful area, but it won't really be like leaving the area. There are some neat beach parks close by, St. Augustine is about 40 minutes further south. Jim used to live in Ponte Vedra when he first moved down here.

Time to get busy doing something productive. Take it easy. Have a great day!

Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Good Morning Monique,

How old is Maizyn? I have a range of grandkids, from 22 to 10. Love spending time with them. Dave and I are going over to see them on Saturday, or at least 3 of them. The oldest will probably be working.
      Carlie

Comment

• Monique
        Monique commented
        Editing a comment
        She is 10.

Monique,

The comment icon isn't showing on your post so I'll reply here. Hope your back feels better asap!

The drive-in sounds like a fun adventure for all. Enjoy your time with Maizyn!

Comment

• Monique
        Monique commented
        Editing a comment
        Drive-in was fun but we didn't stay for the whole second movie. We were all tired. My back still aches.

Good morning!

Today is another beautiful day, low to mid 70's, sunny, and low humidity. I have the windows open. There were some rather loud construction noises earlier, but they have stopped. Not sure where they were coming from, maybe the street behind me?

My employer is ordering new laptops and my name is on the list to receive one. Hooray! I really did not want to buy a new computer. The screen on my laptop is small. It's fine for teleworking in small doses, but not for this long. Usually, I would hook the laptop up to a small tv to use as a second monitor, but my set-up was not compatible with my progressive lenses. The new computer will be the property of my employer and will go back to work with me when we return to the site.

Mom's facility called yesterday. My sister & I have an appointment to see Mom on Tuesday! The visit will be on their porch, and we have to wear masks and social distance. I am looking forward to seeing how she is doing. We saw her a couple of weeks ago when we took her to the doctor, but she was sedated. We noticed she had declined quite a bit.

Time for a second cup of tea. Work is a little slow this morning. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

Say a prayer or more. Jim has two job interviews next week. One is in DC, National Security blah blah blah... second one is in JACKSONVILLE! I guess you can guess which one I'm praying for!
        Katrina
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Monique
          Monique commented
          Editing a comment
          Fingers crossed.
      Working...
      X