ideas needed please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ideas needed please

For my boyfriend's 70th birthday party, to be held on July 4th, we have favors for the adults. I need ideas of something for the kids, preferably quilted or machine-embroidered things- maybe in-the-hoop. The ages are 12, 6, 4, 2, and 8 months. I'm not too concerned about something for the youngest. Does anyone have any ideas? The 12, 6, and 4 yr old are girls. The 2 yr old and baby are boys. Thanks!
    ~ Carol from PA

pillow cases come to mind. otherwise I"m not much help. Good luck. sounds like fun.

Comment

What about the cushion covers that have a pocket for a book? Even the baby could have one.

Comment

I always wanted to make a fabric cupcake and lollipop....you can google and see them. They are made using all kinds of stuff...I like the ones that use baby washcloths...fun baby shower gift. You could find cute novelty glass cups to personalize the cupcakes..... Lollipops would be fun too....
        "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

That corn hole game is pretty popular in the summer. If you can start eating tubs of ice cream now then save enough buckets one for each kid, you could make some bean bags out of cute novelty fabric, maybe 4-5 bean bags for each person and they could toss the bean bags into their own bucket which you could also decorate with their names.

For the 2 year old boy, if you have some minky laying around you could make a stuffed fabric snake like 3 feet long and glue or sew on some felt eyes, nose and tongue. My kids got them one year as souvenirs from State Fair and they were tie dyed and they played with them for the longest time. And I have all girls!
          ​​​​​
          Last edited by jjkaiser; June 10, 2020, 07:49 PM.

Comment

This is real easy to make and you can find the stuffing at Walmart and Joanne's.
            https://weallsew.com/snuggly-owl-pil...hley-johnston/

I made a few of these and they were a big hit. And it's easy to make.
            Vonnie

Comment

The girls even the 4 year old might like a zippered pouch or small purse/tote. They always have things to carry around or store. Put a book, small game, art supplies, or toy in it to help keep them occupied during the party. The 2 year old might also like a tote of some kind to carry his toys around in. If I remember right that age likes to put thing in and take things out of containers. Not much help for the baby .....I would just buy him something.

Comment

Thank you all so very much! They are all such perfect ideas. The pillow case, tote, and stuffed owls together made me think of quillows. Can I get 4 of them done in time? (Rhetorical question) I saw one pattern where they used a panel. That would make things much quicker.
                ~ Carol from PA

Comment

For the 12 yr old, pajama pants or sleep shorts. I have a GD around that age and it's phones and clothes. lol
                  🌺 Lorie

Comment

• Dove
                    Dove commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That's a great idea! I want to put a little stuffed toy inside the younger ones' quillow pocket, just as a little something extra. I could make pj pants to put in the 12 yr old's.
                Working...
                X