vacuum input needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vacuum input needed

We have mostly hardwood floors, a few large area rugs around too. I am tired of the only vac we have which is a very heavy and older model of electrolux. I am thinking of investing in a cordless type that would make it easier to maneuver especially on the carpeted stairs. So, I was just wondering if any quilters have a recommendation I would be interested in hearing your experiences both good and bad with your vacuums.
    Thanks!!!
    One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Beth aka Asta

I love my Shark Duo. It's cord free and light weight enough for me to handle it and get the great room area- dining, sitting, living and kitchen all done before I have to take a break. I have hard woods, 2 area rugs and tile in the kitchen. It does a great job on the rugs. My sewing room looks great after I clean it. It gets the strings. I do have to look for those silly clips before I use it. The top plate comes off for easy cleaning of the roller (string wrapping).

Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• KPH
      KPH commented
      Editing a comment
      The batteries stay charged for a long time. I can do the whole house several times before I need to switch battery packs.

I have a Roomba for upstairs (it was a gift from my oldest son years ago). I have a small hand held vacuum and a stick vacuum I use on the carpeted steps leading downstairs to the finished basement. The hand-held and the stick vacuums are both Dirt Devils and are about 15 yrs old.
    Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

We have 2 Dyson cordless vacs...one at the cabin and 1 at home.

Comment

I swear by Dyson products. They have a stick sweeper that I hear very good things about.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

We have a Dyson V6 cordless. I love it! We originally bought it for our 5th wheel but I use it in the house and it is unbelievable how well it picks up.

Comment

I'm no help. I'm still using my heavy Kirby and an upright Royal. I use a hand held Dirt Devil on the carpeted steps. All our floors are carpeted except the 2 bathrooms, kitchen & 1 bsmt. BR (concrete).

Comment

I have a Shark Power Lift Away. I adore it. It was not cheaper, but better than a Dyson. It has the most suction of any vacuum that I have ever used. It breaks down easily to clean and service yourself. It easily comes apart to fit under beds, work better on stairs, or use on hardwoods floors. I love the attachments that came with it. I have long hair and this machine still tangles it on the brush, but it easy to open and take off the roller. Check it out! I like it much better than our son’s cordless Dyson. My opinion.

Comment

I have two Dysons and wouldn't give them up for anything. One is the cordless. I can also take mine apart and I clean by running water in the hose, canister and all the brushes. It has numerous places to take apart if there is a jam.

Comment

Thanks everyone, I will have to do my due diligence here since vacuums are now so $$$. Or maybe I should just suck it up (pun intended) lug around that heavy thing, neglect the stairs and go buy myself a new sewing machine.
                  One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Beth aka Asta

Comment

• Mimi_Howard
                    Mimi_Howard commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You may be onto something Trudy. Lugging the heavy vacuum could be equal to "weight" lug/lifting. Building up muscles and endurance for longer hours of sewing, wrestling with fabric and the pressures of wheeling that rotary cutter!
                Working...
                X