Hello Tuesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Tuesday

Good morning everyone. Sorry I missed yesterday. I didn't have much time to even get on the computer.

I had a great weekend. On Saturday after work, we headed to Renfrew so I could pick up my heart at the jewelers. Then we did a very small shop. Hubby went to spend the evening with friends so I was left alone. I got some sewing done. Lynda stopped by on Sunday morning and my brother and sister-in-law also stopped for a brief visit. I am coming along nicely on the North Star quilt. I worked at it again yesterday. I work again today and it is a longer shift, 10 to closing at 5:30.

I was asked to work Thursday but I declined as we are going to get Maizyn. I don't have work booked until the 22nd. So it will be a nice break. My work days are 22, 23, 29, 30 June and then the last 2 weeks of July. I told hubby that between these dates it would be nice to go to the camp for a few days. We shall see. I don't think we will be able to go to PEI in September with all the covid crap going on.

With the province of Ontario opening up, my niece, who owns a salon and barber shop will be able to re-open. What a relief for her. I am hoping to have a massage/foot rub in the very near future. I will have to contact her and find out what is happening with that.

Not much else is going on around here.

Have a great day everyone. Stay safe and healthy.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Good Morning All,

Monique, time off is a wonderful thing! I know you'll have fun with Maizyn.

Yesterday was a knitting day, almost done with the first skein. Amazon dropped off my big can of 505 and still nothing from Joann's about my batting. I did write them a letter. The batting was supposed to be here a week ago. The label was created and that's as far as it had gotten. I guess they forgot they sent the FedEx tracking number. I knew it hadn't been picked up by FedEx. After I wrote the letter, within hours, I got a text... your package is arriving tomorrow. I went to FedEx and put in the tracking number, low and behold it has moved from one town in FL to another. Maybe it will get here today.

Gabby has her shots appointment today. Mike's off until Friday. Jim wants his help on a couple of projects... fixing the garage door, and getting Howard's 55 gallon tank back into the storage building. After the vet, I guess Mike will head out to Jim's house. Hopefully, they can get it done before the storms move in.

Time to warm up my coffee and get busy. Have a great day!
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Good morning!

It is going to be a hot one today, with a predicted high in the mid 90's. We may hit a record! No rain until tomorrow. At least the humidity should be low today.

I am cautiously optimistic -- it looks like I am going to survive the first round of layoffs. Full timers being laid off should have received an email late last week, and had a meeting with their boss yesterday. I had neither of those things. They are giving sixty days notice; one of the gals on our morning work chat said her last day is August 7. I feel sorry for her, she is widowed and has a son. I hope she is able to find something quickly.

I called a friend last night to wish her a happy birthday. I forgot to ask her for the name of her wildlife control expert. We're going out to lunch next week. She went to a restaurant the other day and said it was nice, there were very few people. We're going to Baker's Square. I can check to see if they have key lime pie for my sister's birthday. The Baker's Square up the street from me closed at the beginning of the year. I'm wondering how much longer the other one will last in the wake of Covid-19. It is one of two left in the state.

I finished quilting my UFO yesterday. Today I will start trimming it up and work on the binding. It will be nice to check it off the list.

Have a wonderful day!

Comment

Good Morning..we had rain all night from the hurricane but it’s slowing down some now. Jeff is outside with the girls and I’m trying to start my day slowly.

Julie, glad to hear that you missed the cut at work. This would be a hard time to job hunt. I hope your coworker finds something soon.

I didn’t make it into the sewing room yesterday...maybe today.

wishing everyone a good day....hugs.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good morning,

Switching directions with sewing projects like the tides. The table is in chaos with pieces to sew and scraps. I started the dino quilt project and all went well until a special request for masks. It's a busy day today so the organizing will have to wait a day or so. My fabric package has bounced around the state the last 5 days. It finally shows scheduled for delivery today. I am hopeful.

Julie, Glad your position is ok with your work. It's always stressful waiting.

Happy Stitching!

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone ~ It's raining this a.m. & only 48 deg. The furnace is on! It snowed in the mts. And here it is June! Just as I was going to bed last night, I heard the hail & saw the lightning. Had a thunderstorm with pea-sized hail. The sprinkler was in progress, so I shut it off. It must have rained all night. Free water! That severe storm we had on Saturday has been labeled a derecho. First time ever in CO. You can read about it on the web if you're curious.

The dental report for DH yest. was not good. He needs a lot of dental work, which he is dreading, & most of it will be out of pocket, not covered by our dental ins. He has an abscess on the lower left gum line. He can't get in to see the endodontist until July 10. He also needs that broken off tooth (from Jan.) extracted by an oral surgeon. That is scheduled for June 30. He needs at least 4 crowns. Due to the new guidelines for dentists, we had to call when we got to the parking lot, then they came out to get us. Had to answer the usual C-19 questions, get our temps. taken, etc. The dentist & hygienists were wearing plastic face shields.

DH is waiting for his breakfast, so no more time now to chat.

Comment

• CarlieBlilie
              CarlieBlilie commented
              Editing a comment
              Joy, how is your finger? Healing nicely I hope.

• JCY
              JCY commented
              Editing a comment
              Carlie ~ My finger is soooo much better! Thanks for asking. I'm not even wearing a band-aide today. I'm part way through the oral antibiotic. It was prescribed for 7 days. Once the dr. poked that infected area, things got drained, it started feeling better right away. I've used the topical antibiotic at least twice a day. Now I'll just apply it at bedtime. With so much kitchen work, washing hands, etc. it's hard to keep it dry. Sometimes I wore a glove on that hand. It's such a relief to have it better.

• Monique
              Monique commented
              Editing a comment
              Rebecca (rebeccasewing) in Philly told me she had one of those storms the other day.

Good morning. It's nice and sunny here. Yesterday was a painting day for hubby and I. He painted a cupboard that we have had in the dining room for a number of years that never got painted and I painted one of my quilt racks. It was a yucky mustardy brown. So since hubby was going to have the white paint out, I figured I'd get in on the act with the quilt rack. We took them both out onto the back patio and set to work. Luckily the cupboard has wheels so that was easy to move out. Both pieces look great now.

Not sure what I will tackle today. Maybe something easy since I woke up with a bit of lower back pain and my right hand hurts a bit. I think time in my sewing room is what I'm aiming for.

Have a goid day all. Be safe and well.
            Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Good Morning all,

Yesterday was hot and humid although not as uncomfortable since we had quite a wind. We haven't gotten any rain but are due today and it is probably going to be storming. No grilling tonight as the rains are supposed to be here mid afternoon.

My son has called and ask me to take him to the local food bank. He has an appointment for 10:45. Once I get back I;ll be doing a little housework and then do some planning on one of my UFO's. Thanks to Momofmonsters5 (sorry I don't know her name) I was able to find a number of the block patterns I was missing from Quilters Cache. So now I will be planning out the materials for the blocks.

Julie, I'm thankful you are safe for now from job loss. I cannot imagine my stress level if I were still working. Thankfully I retired a year ago and have not had the stress that all of you working gals (and guys) have had. I know my daughter has been stressing about loss of income. Even though she is an essential worker (she runs a home daycare) she is worried about loss of income. I believe she told me she is now full again but for a while she was very concerned about loosing a number of her kids. She hates it when she looses one of her kids she gets so attached to them. She has a set of twins that came back earlier this year. They had been gone for about 6 months. She had them from the time they were 8 weeks old and they left because they were going to go to school (preschool) and then grandpa was going to watch them the remainder of the day. She was so happy when the parents called and asked if she still had room.

Well, I'm off and running to pick up my son. Have a good one!
              Carlie

Comment

• Momofmonsters5
                Momofmonsters5 commented
                Editing a comment
                Hi Carlie, my name is Rachel. Nice to meet you! So glad that was helpful for your quilt!!!

• CarlieBlilie
                CarlieBlilie commented
                Editing a comment
                It was extremely helpful. I was able to find most and even learned a couple things!

Yesterday was bittersweet. It was good to be back at work, but it was sad that we were breaking down the classrooms for the summer and there were no kids.
              We won't know until at least the end of the week what they have planned for the fall. The district had people in measuring all of the classrooms and building spaces like the gym, library, even the staff room. I'm not sure how they are expecting to fit all of those kids in the building and keep them 6' apart. It sounds as if they are considering shifts of students, either by half a day or every other day attendance. I guess we'll just wait and see.
              I also get to wait to see what our building allocation will be for employment. A significant number of our special education kids are transitioning to middle school. We are allocated staffing based on the number of students in the program. The majority of kids are identified during the last trimester of the year if they aren't meeting their developmental goals. We didn't have that last trimester this year, and there were several kiddos that were on our radar for academic delays. If the allocation is below staffing requirements, the "extra" staff will be "riffed" or reassigned to the labor pool. We will be allowed to apply for other jobs in the district and/or given a choice of three employment options. Those options are usually the hard-to-fill positions working with the behavior students. Ugh. The joys of being the low paraeducator on the totem pole.

Today is is grocery run day for the family. Both Mom & Sis have short lists today, mostly produce. Hopefully that will get me home before too late in the day. I need to finish of the tote bags for my sewing kiddos so they can be picked up this week when they turn in their text books and pick up their personal belongings they left in their desks.

The coffee cup is empty, so it's time to get going!
              Be who you are and say what you feel
              because those who mind don't matter,
              and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Hello everyone,

It's summertime today and I'm enjoying the heat. I feel like I spend the cold months just waiting for a day like today. I get so tired of putting on extra clothes to just take the dog out. It's nice to just go out the door.

Yesterday I finished the strip quilt I started last week. It's a bright and happy looking thing. I don't know how I did it, but I used 60 jelly roll strips and some extra solid squares, and it turned out to be a square 70.25". It's the perfect size for a nap quilt. Most of my battings are queen sized so I went to Amazon looking for another batting; there wasn't the selection I was hoping for, so I'll just have some extra scraps and practice pieces.

The quilt that I made for my DD is now spray basted and ready to be quilted. I need to size and transfer the designs to the machine and get it set up and wind a bunch of bobbins. The last quilt that I did on the embroidery machine took 6 bobbins.

Now, however, it's coffee time. I'm going to enjoy every drop as I sit back and read a good book for a while. I hope all of you are enjoying the day......
                Barbara

Comment

Back again ~ I was short on time this a.m. After breakfast I peeled & cored 17 apples for sauce. The apples are on cooking now. After winter storage, the apples are not as nice as when they're fresh in the fall. Our favorites are Fuji.

I hope to get some cleaning done in the Fam. Rm. today. I need to do some deep cleaning before everything gets moved back in place. So far, the kitchen sink is draining great -- the best I remember since we've lived here. I'm still being extra careful what I allow down the garbage disposal. Mostly I'm putting things in the garbage or flushing it down the toilet. I certainly don't want a repeat of Memorial Day & the long week afterwards! We should have called this other plumber (drain co.) right away. Wish now we had. It would have saved a lot of stress & hard work.

It's supposed to be quite cool today--maybe only in the 60's or about 70 deg. One more cooler day, then the 90's will be back by the week end. I need to pick up the yard before the mowers come tomorrow. With those high winds we had, a lot of little branches came down from our honey locust trees.

The paper this a.m. announced that the city playgrounds & parks will be opened this week. When things shut down, they taped off the play equipment, took down the swings, etc. It's nice to have some relaxation of the pandemic rules, but unfortunately, there still are folks who don't maintain social distancing or wear a mask or face covering.

I talked with a lady who went to church on Sunday (the first Sun. our church was open) & asked her how it went. They planned to serve Communion. I had questions about that. Interestingly, they had individual kits with the wafer & juice. Of course, there was no coffee hour, no drinking fountains were available, & people were urged to not linger on their way out. Our sanctuary went from pews to individual chairs this year, so the social distancing was easier to manage. No more than 50 people were allowed in each area, with separate entrances for each area. There were parking lot attendants who directed folks to the area where they should park, depending on which section of the church they would be sitting in. My friend said it went well.

After last night's rain, the sun has come out. The temp. is up to 70. Time to check on the applesauce.

Comment

• JCY
                    JCY commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I guess I was too wordy. I had to log back in to post my comments. Anyone else having problems getting timed out? This is one feature of the new format that I find frustrating.

• Monique
                    Monique commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Joy I have been timed out before, don't know how long I was 'away'.
                Working...
                X