My Gas Range Died......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Gas Range Died......

I'm going to have to replace my Gas Range (Natural Gas). I would like to know if any of you have recently had to replace your Gas Range in your kitchen what brand did you purchase?

I don't want a self-cleaning oven....I just want a PLAIN (natural) Gas Range....with no bells or whistles. If you have ever had a self-cleaning oven and you either liked/didn't like it, please let me know.

I also need a new dishwasher. There again, I don't want anything with 6-8 cycles, just a really basic dishwasher....and would like to have the inside be stainless instead of plastic like my last 2 were.

Thanks for reading my post....I really would appreciate any info.
    I am going to re-do the KITCHEN completely.....new flooring (no carpet this time, although we've always had good luck with carpet in the kitchen, even when the kids lived at home. My theme is Roosters....(country kitchen) I want to re-paint the cupboards a Grey color...and white counter tops.
    Any ideas or suggestions will certainly be appreciated!
    Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Jacqueline,
    I have a GE- just under the top of the line model. Not thrilled with the times the computer has had to be replaced. It is also convection-love that feature. Mine is 5 burner, oven, warming drawer. The drawer is only for storage for me. Replaced a Kitchenaid with this GE. Wasn't happy with either one. Love my old maytag with a pilot light better!! As for dishwasher- replaced a 24 place setting kitchenaid that came with the house with a Bosch. Talk about quiet!!! Unless you are touching it or hear the water gently flow out through the disposal- you don't know it is running. Most new DW's do not have heaters or disposers so be ready for that. Mine is ss lining & to be honest- it doesn't like toast crumbs. If you can manage that- you're good to go.
    Good luck. Just wish our appliances were made in this country instead other countries & had better quality control. Especially washing machines!!
    sewverybusy

Comment

• redcaboose1717
      redcaboose1717 commented
      Editing a comment
      Believe it or not......These washing machines are actually made right here in the United States. I believe most of them are made in Ohio :
      Top 5 Washing Machines Made in USA
      Whirlpool
      General Electric (GE)
      SpeedQueen
      Amana Corporation
      Hotpoint

The Samsung Washers & Dryers are definitely not made in the USA!!!! I know a woman that purchased a Samsung range and that's how I found out they weren't made here in the U.S.A. She said it was absolutely the worst range she'd ever purchased. I usually get about 10-15 yrs out of ranges,dishwashers & refrigerators.

My landlord replaced our gas stove early last year. A silver and black Fridgedaire, gas pilot, 5 burners, (Quick Boil, Simmer, Power Burner, Grill and Regular), not self cleaning. I love it, so easy to use. He paid around $500 for it.
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

I don't have gas, so I can't help with the stove. Mom did have self cleaning in the oven (electric), but it never heated evenly after we used it once. I don't think I'll be looking for that feature either.
      Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I can't make a recommendation on a gas stove, as mine is dual fuel. But I wholeheartedly endorse Bosch dishwashers. Super quiet! Also, many dishwashers vent steam out somewhere on the door. I've seen laminate countertops get damaged from this. When I was shopping for a new dishwasher a few years ago, I noticed that the KitchenAid model had vents on the side of the door. I didn't want steam damaging my cabinets. European style dishwashers (e.g. Bosch, Asko, or Miele) with stainless interiors do a better job of drying without having to vent the steam out.

My Bosch has a third rack, and I LOVE it. It's great for small items like measuring cups, and it also holds all the silverware and keeps the spoons from nesting together. The Bosch came with a silverware basket in the lower rack, but I can remove it to make room for other stuff.

Comment

• redcaboose1717
          redcaboose1717 commented
          Editing a comment
          I have a friend that her sister enjoys her Bosch dishwasher. Thanks for the heads up!
          I've looked (and drooled) over that third rack feature and have wondered if I would use it much? I also want the silverware basket to be on the side of the bottom rack....not in the front. For some reason I seem to believe the silverware gets much cleaner with the silverware basket on the side of the bottom rack. (???)

• MSN
          MSN commented
          Editing a comment
          The (removable) silverware basket in my Bosch is along the side. I use it for things like an ice cream scoop, but put all the silverware in the third rack. I use that rack WAY more than I thought I would.

I can’t comment on a gas range but Bosch dishwashers are really quiet and clean dishes very well. We tried to replace the dishwashers in our apartments with Bosch as often as possible. We are going to redo our kitchen, too, except for the appliances..new counter, flooring and paint/tile. We have been dragging our feet because we can’t decide on the flooring. Good luck on your project.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

If I had to replace a range I would get one with the second small oven. My daughter had one, heats up really fast and is great for doing 1 pan of cookies, small casseroles, etc
          Vernona:icon_hi:

Comment

I can't help you with the gas stove. I wanted dual fuel when we built but they were pretty expensive at that time so we had a gas cooktop installed over an electric wall oven. I agree with everyone on the Bosch DW. They are wonderful! Very quiet. Mine is SS interior with the 3rd rack as well. I love that I can run it and be in the same room and not even hear it.

Comment

I went cheap when we replaced our gas stove/oven last year because we were planning to move, but now we are still here and I regret not comparing models a little more and not just shopping by price. I do like the multiple burner sizes (one boils water super fast, another does a lower simmer than anything I've ever seen) but the oven part is really lacking. I hit the light bulb (located top center nearest the door) while taking a large dish out and the glass shattered into my food. Very poor placement. It only has one rack in the oven with 3 placement options, so I can't put a pan of water in under a baking dish like some recipes recommend. The rack bends and sags easily with the weight of my cast iron dutch oven too.

Figure out what the minimum features are that you'll want and use and then shop from there. Tons of websites have specs listed for each one and offer comparison of different models.

Comment

I, too, have to recommend Bosch DW. Love the 3rd rack, ss interior, and it is amazingly quiet. We actually thought we had a dud until we heard the water going down the drain through the sink. The best thing about it, though, is that it get the dishes clean. Sounds silly, but so many of dishwashers have to be carefully loaded with pre-rinsed dishes. Even my daughter can't mess up with the Bosch!
                Good luck with your renovations!
                Lyn

If I ever got it all together, I'd be too tired to do anything with it.
                🙄

Comment

i just bought a Whirlpool and i love it. It heats up really fast, the timer is loud, the door is lighter weight. The gas guy that had to do the conversion (we use propane here) was impressed with the burners. The display is simple and small. I got it a little cheaper than this. I don't have very many choices for emergency replacements here, you have to order. I'm happy with it.
                  https://www.homedepot.com/p/Whirlpoo...M0BS/205068602
                  🌺 Lorie

Comment

I know nothing about gas kitchen ranges. We have electric. We replaced our DW a few mos. ago. We bought a Crosley. Not sure if they are available now. I was told by an appliance repairman to steer clear of the Bosch brand; they are difficult to repair. I think the whole DW has to be pulled out to repair. I've never had the stainless steel interior. Do your homework with internet searches, product reviews, etc. Hope you find what you need & want.

Comment

Hard to beat a Roper range...
                      TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

Another vote for Bosch DW. We went with Bosch on all our appliances for our newly built home. We had 3 different contractors recommend that brand... We are all electric, which is new for me... The Bosch oven has all the bells and whistles so probably more than you want...but the dishwasher is the best I've ever owned. 3-racks, SS inside....super quiet...excellent performance. I have never used the self-cleaning feature. I clean the old fashioned way...lol..
                        "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• auntstuff
                          auntstuff commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I still wash dishes the old fashioned way. I've never had a dishwasher

I have a Frigidaire stove and dishwasher. Both have done very well and I've had them for about 9 years. The stove is gas and does have a self cleaner but I have not used it. The dishwasher is stainless inside and I have not had problems with it although I've notice some that my racks are beginning to show wear and rust.
                        Carlie

Comment

Working...
                        X