Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fellow diabetic quilters may understand.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fellow diabetic quilters may understand.

I was finishing up the last of the piecing for a quilt a bit ago when I noticed my 1/4" seam was getting a bit wonky so I did something I have not needed to do for several months....I pricked my finger for a blood sugar test. (BS was 56) I am getting so spoiled with this Continuous Glucose Monitor. It really is a game changer and diabetics, if you are on the fence for getting one I highly recommend it. I have not had a sever low or high since I started mine in October. Oh, I only pricked my finger because it was time for a sensor change this morning and I still had an hour left on the 2 hr warm up period.
    One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Beth aka Asta

Trudy, are you a type 2?

Comment

Originally posted by Nwmnteacher View Post
      Trudy, are you a type 2?
      I have been type 1 now for about 43 years.

Beth aka Asta

Comment

Trudy, I wholeheartedly believe that I have 3 of my grandchildren because of a insulin pump and the monitors. My daughter has been diabetic since the age of 13 and it was a nightmare for a long time because she would not take care of herself the way she should. She said "I don't want to be different from everybody else". I still recall the day she was told she was diabetic and would need to give herself shots 3 or 4 times a day. She totally freaked out because she had, and still does I think, a fear of needles. My father was diabetic and did not have the tools that are now available. His monitor was HUGE. I'm sure that if he had the controls that are now available he would have been around longer. Diabetes is one nasty disease.
        Carlie

Comment

My hubby has Type 2.
          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I'm Type 2 & monitor twice daily. I take Metformin. My last A1C was 6.1. I don't feel the need for continuous monitoring at this stage. But it's a great thing for those who are less stable, or whose BS fluctuates a lot. At least 1 woman at my church wears an insulin pump. The technology has changed so much of recent years.

Comment

I would love to try the CGM system but apparently you can't use it if you are a Type 2 Diabetic OR at least this is what my Dr. does. (She only allows the Type 1 patients to do the Libre System.
              I'm sure that after a couple of more years, it might be available to me hopefully.

IF any of you are Type 2 Diabetics and have the CGM System.....do you know why your doctor has allowed you to use this?
              Thanks in advance.
              Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
              http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

Originally posted by redcaboose1717 View Post
                I would love to try the CGM system but apparently you can't use it if you are a Type 2 Diabetic OR at least this is what my Dr. does. (She only allows the Type 1 patients to do the Libre System.
                I'm sure that after a couple of more years, it might be available to me hopefully.

IF any of you are Type 2 Diabetics and have the CGM System.....do you know why your doctor has allowed you to use this?
                Thanks in advance.
                My type 2 friend was told by her Dr.-not sure if this is medicare, insurance or dr. rule-that she would have to begin testing at least 4 times per day and keep it up for 3 months then she could get a CGM. And it would not be like mine ( Dexcom G6) it would be the one that you need to scan each time for a reading.

Beth aka Asta

Comment

• redcaboose1717
                  redcaboose1717 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Trudy Thanks.....
              Working...
              X