Monday, Monday (Ba-dah, Ba-Dah Dah Dah)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday, Monday (Ba-dah, Ba-Dah Dah Dah)

I am going to try and organize today....we shall see. I must forbid myself to purchase more fabric and organize/purge what I have...HA HA. Waiting on the All Star Month 5 to bill and ship. In the meantime, I am working on a wall hanging project I started using up scrap fabric by combining M*'s State Blocks and Tiny Houses. No pattern, per say, just trying to commemorate the states hubby and I were born in and how much we love Arkansas (longing to go back)!

I tried to file my unemployment claim yesterday....to no surprise, Vermont's Dept of Labor on-line portal is having issues again. It's so frustrating.....so, I get to try and deal with that today...oh joy.....

I hope everyone has a grand week and gets things done......Quilty hugs!
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

I really like your little quilt. You sure put your heart into this one. I hope you get to relocate some time soon. Good luck with your unemployment claim. My daughter had to navigate those waters, too...very frustrating.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Here we are at the start of a new week. We're supposed to have only 70's today, which will be a pleasant relief from the 90's. Three cooler days are expected.

DH has a routine dental appt. for cleaning this a.m. He's dreading it. Since we had to change dentists a few years ago, he's never really taken a liking to this dentist. I like him & the staff just fine.

I made it to the sewing room yest. for the first time since all this kitchen sink drain upheaval. I worked on shortening a pair of slacks I bought earlier this year. I have to shorten any pair of pants that I buy. I'm getting the yen to work on a sewing project, but it will have to wait a few more days until the bsmt. is put back together -- after the Fri. camera appt.

Well, it's time to start the laundry. I have at least 3 loads to do.

Comment

Not sure which is more frustrating, web sites that won't work correctly or those darn toll free numbers that require a gazillion buttons to be pushed and in the end you get stuck in a loop or on hold with constant nagging phrases like.. "your call is important to us"... "go to our website for quicker service"... etc. I hope you have good luck with it today.

Comment

Good Morning All,

It's raining, again. Thank goodness Gabby's had her morning potty trip! Mike's at work, and gets off at 12:30. Tomorrow, Gabby has her shots visit to the vet and refills of her heartworm and flea meds. Thursday, I have my hair cut.

Joy, our dentist said they'd email when they opened back up. I'm wondering if they're rescheduling all of those March appts, because I haven't gotten an email from them. Jonathan had his teeth cleaned last week, but that was scheduled 6 months ago.

Yesterday, church was spread out again. Jim had a cough so he didn't go. Morgan's mom had the kids for a Saturday night sleep over. She brought them to church, and Nana and Nandy took them home with them for lunch. I don't think Morgan and Jim realize how much they depend on her family as a support system. If they go through with this hair brained scheme, they're going to find out!

There was a wreck behind the house on the ramp last night. Not sure what happened exactly, but I'm pretty certain- speed, wet roads, and the curve of the ramp all played a roll in the mess. It was well after 11 before they finally got the tow trucks and flashing red lights out of there. Mike wants to drive down the ramp this afternoon to see what damage was done to the fences two houses on either side of us.

Time to get started, Mike will be back before I know it!
          Katrina
          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Such a cute wall hanging, Shermur!
            Another beautiful, sunny day! I never did get into my sewing room yesterday. We went to Party City to buy things for our July 4th party- decorations, plates, things like that. They used to sell a lot more food storage items. I need some things to use for the buffet. Guess I'll shop Amazon today.
            Later in the day I watched my Downton Abbey dvd. I've had it awhile and forgot about it. I was always a big fan of the series on tv. I really liked the movie. It was like seeing people I knew.
            I think I'll go for a nice walk today. There's a walking/biking trail nearby that goes on for miles. It's too nice a day to be inside!
            Have a happy day!
            ~ Carol from PA

Comment

• toggpine
              toggpine commented
              Editing a comment
              Our Dollar Tree often has the serving items for the different seasons, or at least the solid color items that will coordinate with decorations.

Good morning!

It is going to be a beautiful day today, sunny, low humidity, with a high near 80. I already have the windows open. I am going to enjoy it while I can -- we're going to be on a weather roller coaster for the rest of the week.

I made good progress on my UFO yesterday. I have one column left to quilt using the edge-to-edge embroidery technique. I should be able to finish that today. I decided I am going to buy one of those "snap hoop monsters" before the next quilt. If it makes the hooping and re-hooping easier, it will be worth the price.

I need to run up to the grocery store this morning; I did not go over the weekend.

Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• BarbaraB
              BarbaraB commented
              Editing a comment
              I purchased one so I could quilt my last project. I will never part with it. It made the whole process smoother and quicker. It was the first time I had used the embroidery machine for quilting, and It was just a joy to do.

Good morning all,

We had some scary weather last evening. It was my weekend to work, but I left work early on Sunday. Since I have an hour drive home, I wanted to beat the predicted storm, wind, and possible tornados! The tornado sirens went off around 80, but we didn't see any. North of us, they had a storm with 75 mph winds, so that might be why the sirens were sounding. We ended up with hail and heavy rain. I see lots of branches are down this morning. We have a 50% chance of T-storms again today. It will be hot and humid, then starting tomorrow we'll have cooler temps.

Shermur, I love your wall hanging....a great idea combining the houses with the states.

My last sewing project was sewing a "cheater" blanket for our newest granddaughter, 5 month old Runa. You've probably seen that type of fabric at JoAnns.....alternating squares of flannel and minky. I just backed it with flannel and did some straight line quilting. I was in the process of putting satin blanket binding all around using clips, and I was about an inch short of binding! Good thing I clipped it on before sewing. I'm just going to trim a little off one side, and try again. I don't want to buy another package of binding for just a few inches.

I have 2 baskets of laundry to fold and one to wash. On days that I work at J's, I don't have much energy left by the time I get home. I've been getting the bug to rearrange the living room, so maybe I'll start that after finishing with laundry. Last time the furniture was moved was before Christmas. So, I guess I'm off to see what kind of trouble I can cause.

Jeanne

Comment

• Cokie
              Cokie commented
              Editing a comment
              When I worked at Joann's, I hated folding laundry. I finally figured out it was because I was folding fabric all day at work! :-)

Good Morning!

After a a cold and rainy weekend, wee have blue skies today...still a bit chilly but yah!! Sunny!

My doctor's office called to reschedule....I was half-way with the make-up..lol...oh well! So my game plan changed today. I'll be home to see the workers finish the bathroom reconstruction.

And, we decided to get a 2nd garage door opener so I pulled the invoice of the original home build to get the contact info so we could call and order; however, the invoice shows that we paid for the two and only one was installed. We contacted our contractor and he arranged for that company to install. So, that was a nice surprise and really happy we pulled that invoice out... They are scheduled to install today, too.

Will be sewing a bit today...not sure what I'll be working on but lots of options..

Have a beautiful and safe day!
            "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by shermur View Post
              I am going to try and organize today....we shall see. I must forbid myself to purchase more fabric and organize/purge what I have...HA HA. Waiting on the All Star Month 5 to bill and ship. In the meantime, I am working on a wall hanging project I started using up scrap fabric by combining M*'s State Blocks and Tiny Houses. No pattern, per say, just trying to commemorate the states hubby and I were born in and how much we love Arkansas (longing to go back)!

I tried to file my unemployment claim yesterday....to no surprise, Vermont's Dept of Labor on-line portal is having issues again. It's so frustrating.....so, I get to try and deal with that today...oh joy.....

I hope everyone has a grand week and gets things done......Quilty hugs!
              That song in playing a continuous loop in my head now...lol..

"You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Good morning. We are having a beautiful day today. The dogs and I will spend some time out in the backyard. I volunteered at the Cafe for 2 hours yesterday. I came home with a headache, so I didn’t get any sewing done on my quilt.
                The mailman just delivered all the fabric I ordered last week. I want to make another round tummy time tummy time quilt for a friend. It will be a dinosaur themed quilt.
                For a change, I may cut the wedges out for that quilt.

Have a great rest of the day.
                Beth

Comment

Good morning!
                  We managed to get the wire strung for the hot fence around the buck pasture. Now I need to check the rest of the fence line for grass & branches that may have come down in our wind & rains the last couple of days, then plug it back in.

I headed under cover during the rain and managed to get all of the lady goats hooves trimmed, weights recorded, and dewormer dispensed. My barn helper ought to be here Wednesday for a cleaning session. I tidied up the rest of the barn, changed the fly tapes, & swept all of the debris from the hay/straw stick out into the pen for her to haul out to the compost pile.

I did not make it into the sewing room after dinner & a shower. I get to go to work today! Like, actually IN the school building, go to work. We don't have kids in the building, but we are going to be breaking down the room for summer. Putting away everything else that was left hanging when we abruptly departed 3 months ago.

Hopefully there will be sewing happening this afternoon/evening!
                  I have to scoot! You all have a great day!
                  Be who you are and say what you feel
                  because those who mind don't matter,
                  and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Weather is hot and humid again today as it was yesterday, there are promises of lower temps tomorrow. We will see. Dave and I got the baskets and flower fertilized yesterday before it got too hot. Picked up my son so he could do laundry and then took him back to his hotel. I've never been able to figure out why he is so anti-social. Always trying to close himself off from the rest of the world. His dad is not comfortable around people he doesn't know, more so than i but my son doesn't even want to be around us or even his daughter. To me it is very baffling.

I made my my goal to get to half of the quilting done but may take a break today. After some housework I'm going to cut up some peppers, onions and mushrooms for an egg bake tomorrow. I think I'll clean out the fridge too. Then I'm going to head upstairs to work on one of my UFO's. Need to see if I can find the block patterns I'm missing.

Have a a wonderful day everyone.
                    Carlie

Comment

Working...
                    X