Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brother update june

Hi

My brother has now been disconnected to all breathing aids and is breathing on his own. The tracheo... is out . and he can say yes or no. he can nod his head or shake it. so some kind of communication is possible. He has something that is called Peg. It is a tube? operated directly in his tummy so the can feed him better. So the tube that was in his nose is gone wich have reduce the muchus in his throat considerably. Sorry for bad spelling. Still paralyzed on the right side. They sit him up everyday and working with body and speech. Baby steps but at least there is improvment.
    sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Annika, I’m so thankful for your brother and your family. I’ll continue praying for his recovery and for strength for all of you!
    💫 Star lover

Comment

That's great news. Baby steps, one day at a time.
      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Annika, I'm glad your brother is so much better. Prayers for you all continue.
        *~* Myrna *~*
        *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

So glad to hear your brother is making progress. Continued prayers for his recovery.
          Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Annika ~ A PEG is a tube that is surgically inserted directly into the stomach for gastric feedings. Since he had a trach. & was not able to eat, this is a common procedure. Feedings may be continuous, or intermittent, depending on the doctor's orders. You should be able to search on line for more info. on a PEG. Glad to hear of your brother's improvement.

Comment

• Granny Fran
              Granny Fran commented
              Editing a comment
              I had one inserted before undergoing my radiation treatment (head and neck cancer) for when I could no longer swallow. It is not so bad and will help keep your nutrition up. Mine was used for seven months.

I’m so happy to hear that your brother is making progress. I pray he can make a full recovery.
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Glad to hear he’s improving. It’ll be a slow process since he has been so poorly but at least he’s on the right road now.

Comment

This is great news! I'm so glad he's improving. Continuing to lift prayers.
                Katrina
                “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

it's so nice to see the update and good news. Best wishes for his continued recovery.

Comment

Working...
                  X