Sleeping in new house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sleeping in new house

Wow, what a whirlwind..we got the bed moved here two days ago and all the stuff from the rental house. I am living a dream. This is the nicest house I've ever had and there is so much work to do. I'm loving it. I have been cutting back bushes that have been neglected for years, painting the front door and trim, pulling out thorny climbing vines out of trees. I have three huge brush piles and DH said STOP. He is going to rent an excavater in a few weeks and finish clearing and burning brush. He said it is overwhelming. Right now we are waiting for the flooring to be delivered and while waiting he is cutting out the pompas grass that has taken over the west end of the dock. What a job. The roots are deep and heavy. We are going to Lowes after the flooring is delivered and get a wall oven. Pulled the old one out yesterday.
    Went to one of the part time neighbors last night and it felt like a party. There are 4 vacation house (2nd homes) on our road and us. We have met all except one and love them all. Great people. I've had more social in the last week than the past 10 years..
    Much to do....Walk with the Lord in your heart.
    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
    Terry

Congratulations, Terry! You've been working so hard. It's so much work when you move into a new home (Mike and I just did that) but it's worth it. Your place is going to be beautiful!

~ Carol from PA

Comment

I am so happy for you. Great neighbors/friends so enrich our lives.😘
      It sound like you have lots of yardwork ahead, take it slowly and don't wear yourself out. A section at a time and eventually it will be as you want it.

Comment

Congratulations, Terry. I hope you flourish during this time of your life. Good neighbors are a real blessing.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Looking forward to photos of the new house!

Comment

Terry, I'm so happy for you! Take pictures!
            Katrina
            “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Awesome, it is exciting. Just moved myself.
              Karen
              Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

I'm glad to hear that you are settling into your new home. Enjoy the ride, and I guess you are enjoying the renovations. There's noting like a change of scenery to keep the mood up. Wishing you many happy years in your new digs.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Terry, I know you had reservations and concerns when your DH first brought up buying a house near the ocean, I am so happy for you that you loving your new home, and getting to know your wonderful neighbors. Enjoy Dear, you deserve it!

Comment

Sounds heavenly, enjoy!!
                    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Terry ~ Congratulations! The move happened quicker than I anticipated. Take some time on that screened in front porch to have some relaxing time, catch your breath, & enjoy the view. What good news on the neighbors. I know you will enjoy having some social time. You were so isolated in the rural mountains. I hope the flooring job goes well, & the new oven works fine. Keep us posted on your progress. God bless you & your new home.

Comment

So happy for you Terry. You have anguished over this move for a while, then getting in the first rental and worked so hard fixing it up for the landlord. I am so glad that you are lovign ths new place and the new neighbors. Good luck on all of your projects. If you ever get bored, I can probably find something for you to do. Probably even buy your plane ticket for you to come over! LOL

Comment

Terry,

Congrats on your progress with your new home. It sounds like you're putting your decorating stamp and muscles in it. Thank goodness for your friendly neighbors.

Comment

Wonderful News! thanks for sharing. Hoping you have many happy years in your new home!

Comment

Sounds like you are enjoying your time there and are surrounded by nice neighbors.
                              If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                              http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Working...
                              X