Missouri Star acquired Nancy's Notions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missouri Star acquired Nancy's Notions

I know some of you are not on Facebook so here's a quote from Jenny!

"We are so honored to have acquired Nancys Notions. I loved Nancy! Her talent, determination and bravery were unmatched in the industry! This makes my heart happy! "

That's awesome to keep her memory alive! Congrats M*!! I'm one not on Facebook so thanks for posting! I don't do any social media.

Comment

• redcaboose1717
      redcaboose1717 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think this is wonderful!
      Years ago, when I first started sewing I think some of you might remember my telling that my mom-in-law Ginny taught me how to sew over the phone for the most part while we were living in IL when my hubby Terry was going to college. Anyway, the first week after I received that first Kenmore Sewing machine for my B-day (I was pregnant for my daughter (2nd child,only girl at the time) we took the sewing machine home to Michigan and my MIL taught me how to use the machine and then took me to a couple of fabric stores and taught me about fabrics, patterns, etc.
      When we got back to IL, the next week she had sent me a card letting me know that she had put my name & address to receive a catalog from Nancy's Notions. A couple of weeks after that, a small order of buttons, sewing machine needles elastic and lace came from my MIL!!! I always loved those catalogs.....I don't know if you can still get the catalogs or not as I have been ordering online from Nancy's Notions for a few years now!
      BTW....my awesome MIL is still alive, she'll soon have her 92nd B-day in July!

Congrats to MSQC for purchasing Nancy's Notions. I love watching Nancy's videos on YouTube, etc.

What lovely, lovely news! I loved Nancy Zieman and was so sad when the world lost her. I read her autobiography, and she suffered so much physical pain in her life. Yet Nancy always gave herself to use, her students. She was a loving and selfless woman.

Kudos to Missouri Star. I can't think of a more worthy company to carry on Nancy's work.
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Oh that is wonderful. That way she can continue to go on in all her work. Wonderful seamstress! I miss her.

Comment

I saw that too. Wondering if they are going to reopen the storefront in Beaver ****, WI....and possibly rebrand it as M*
        Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by auntiemern View Post
          I saw that too. Wondering if they are going to reopen the storefront in Beaver ****, WI....and possibly rebrand it as M*
          Oh, that would be fun for me! Only a short drive from here.
          One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Beth aka Asta

Comment

I'm not on facebook either, so thanks for the info.

Comment

That's really cool! I used to watch her for clothing. You think Jenny will teach how to make a blouse? lol Just kidding. That's good news.
              🌺 Lorie

Comment

Such awesome news. I ditched FB last year, so I miss a lot I know. Might sign back up later this year, not sure. It was getting to be too much drama with family. Truly happy to hear Nancy's legacy will live on.
                Karen
                Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Yay! I love Nancy's Notions and the catalogs. I just checked the Nancy's Notions web site and didn't see anywhere to request a catalog.
                  ~ Carol from PA

Comment

That's wonderful. My daughter and I met Nancy at a Creative Sewing Festival in Toronto -- decades ago. This encouraged and informed us of all the nifty notions, tips, patterns and products she had for sale.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

I'm taking the month of June off from FB, so thanks for sharing this news. I was a huge fan of Nancy and love that her legacy will live on.
                      Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

I read this on Nancy's this morning

Nancy’s Notions Today

In May, 2020 the Missouri Star Quilt Company bought Nancy’s Notions. Jenny Doan, the founder of Missouri Star, watched Nancy’s Notions on Sunday mornings while getting ready for church and loved to learn from her skillful instruction. As Jenny’s fame increased, she found herself crossing paths with Nancy from time to time and was always thrilled when Nancy would put a hand on her shoulder and say an encouraging word, or offer an empathetic ear to whatever struggle Jenny was facing. Jenny’s memories of Nancy are extremely fond, so when the opportunity came to bring Nancy’s Notions into the Missouri Star family, she was thrilled.

As part of this, work is underway to launch a Nancy’s Notions retail store in Hamilton MO, to help continue Nancy’s legacy of inspiring and educating for years to come.

Kathryn
                        There are moments which mark your life, moments when you realize nothing will ever be the same. And time is divided into two parts, Before this and After this

Comment

Thank you very much for posting this. I am not on Face book , so this is good news. I miss the catalog too. When waiting at doctor's off ice or sitting at home with a tea, I liked to browse thru' it. It is very kind of you to think of us that are not on Facebook.

Comment

Fantastic news! Congrats to M*!
                            "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Working...
                            X