Sunflowers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunflowers

I planted sunflower seeds for the first time. They were hard to grow in California, at least for me, so i gave it a shot here in Idaho. They are 6" tall already...OMGosh!!! So fast! So exciting! I'm not the best of gardeners but it's been fun learning about my new zone and what works...and when......Locals told me to plant the tomatoes when the snow on the Butte is gone. Lol...ok..works for me...Tomatoes in the ground.
    "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

You have to show us some pictures! I lived in Calif and when I was little I was scared to walk by those giant ones. 🌻
    "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

Love those pretty flowers.

Thanks for the reminder to pick up some seeds. My grandson will love to watch them grow.

Comment

I got a flag report, too. I wonder what's up with that?! Enjoy your sunflowers. When the seeds are ready, the birds & squirrels will be at them unless you cover them with netting. I've seen large fields of them here in Colo. Their faces follow the sun.

Comment

• Cathy F
          Cathy F commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, it's amazing how during the day their heads follow the sun. When our flowers die we remove the head and let them dry out. We put them on the ground by the bird feeders and the birds and squirrels love them
      Working...
      X