My brother up date 11 :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My brother up date 11 :-)

Today he has sat up in a armchair. He can not speak yet other then yes or hello . no sentence. He is paralyzed on his right side. He has people working with him every day with speech therapy and moving therapy ( do not know the word ) The doc asked him if he thought she was difficult and he said yes and smiled ! So he is in there. Now he just have to do the work to come out !
    sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

That is such good news. I know when you said he took a turn for the worse I thought to just wait. I have heard so many stories where people that were so close to giving up suddenly seem to get better. This is such a roller coaster disease. I hope he continues the progress and makes a full recovery

Comment

Sounds like he's found the right path. Now to keep him on it to good health!
      Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
      ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Oh good news! He smiled and can communicate. Those are big things.

Comment

Thanks for keeping us updated, Annika. It helps us to know what to pray for. Will continue to pray for both his physical and occupational therapy. It is truly remarkable how helpful both of those can be.

Comment

I am so happy to hear your good news! Will keep praying for his continued recovery.
            Lyn

If I ever got it all together, I'd be too tired to do anything with it.
            🙄

Comment

This is wonderful news!! We will continue to pray for his recovery. Thank you for the update. I have been wondering how he’s doing.
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

A positive update! Many challenges ahead.

Comment

Such good news, Annika! I'm really happy for you and for your brother. I'll keep praying for him. It's nice to know he's on the road to recovery!
                  Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

What a positive update. His throat will be sore after being on a ventilator for so long too.

Comment

I'm so happy to see the positive signs. Hopefully the physical therapy will help him. So glad he is able to communicate, even if it's not a lot yet. Will keep praying.

Comment

Happy to see your posts about your brother's progress. Continued prayers for him and your family.

Comment

One day at a time. Happy there is progress.
                          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

It sounds as though his personality and sense of humor are intact. Very positive news.

Comment

I'm very happy to hear this and I am certain its a comfort for all to know that he will be alright. Different but with everyone. This virus is changing so many lives. Keep us posted.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Working...
                              X