Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brother update 10 :-)

Hi

My brother is awake ! He has said hello to the doctor and he has squeezed his left hand and moved his left foot.
    Apparently his right side is affected by the damage done by the virus in his brain. It is to soon for the doctor to say if it is permanent or if it could be worked off. He is now of the ventilator and is only getting oxygen in his trach when he needs extra. otherwise he is breathing on his own. My sister and his son is going to visit him on thursday on doctors order. It is time for the motivation train to start !!

I am so relieved that is starting to look positive for real now.

I am so grateful for all of your prayers, thoughts and comforting words ! THis is certainly been a rollercoaster! He have a long road ahead of him but I think the immediate danger for his life is gone.
    sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

This is such great news, thanks for updating us.

Comment

Annika, I'm so glad your brother is awake now, off the respirator, etc.
      I will continue to pray for him, you and your family!
      ((((HUGS)))
      God Bless!
      thOKH16C89prayer.jpg
      Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
      http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

I'm so glad he is improving! Sounds like maybe he has turned the corner in the right direction. Thanks for updating us.

Comment

Annika, that is wonderful, I am so glad to hear he is improving! Sending continued prayers for his recovery.

Comment

Yippee! Annika, I'm so happy for you and your family.
            Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
            ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Praise God! So glad for the good news.

Comment

Wonderful news. Thinking of this will make me smile all day. I am so glad for you.

Comment

New to forum but touched by your brothers story. So happy for him and your family. Many blessings continue!
                  "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Yippee!!! Great news, Annika. Not stopping the prayers though. Gina

Comment

What a roller coaster of emotions! So glad to hear that your beloved brother is off the ventilator and awake. May he continue to find strength to deal with each day's challenges.

Comment

Very happy for you and your family!
                        If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Such good news. Yes he has been thru a lot. And you and your family has also. Continuing prayers

Comment

Such good news, Annika! I suspect the rehab to regain function & strength will take a while. Hang in there.

Comment

Happy to see your update and the good news. May your brother continue to improve each day.

Comment

Working...
                              X