Good morning Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning Monday

Good morning. I have been awake far too early this morning. Boy will I be tired tonight. I kept myself fairly busy this weekend. I finally got the winter sheets washed and summer sheets on the beds. Decided to go through my summer clothes, got rid of 4 small grocery bags. My neighbour likes when I go through my clothes. She doesn't have 'nice clothes'. Well they never go anywhere where she would need them.

Yesterday I had to make room for the dishes that Douglas gave me. Packed up stuff I no longer wanted. So while I haven't been sewing, I have been busy. On Saturday we went for a drive, actually out of our area. I have a favorite necklace that hubby bought me some time ago. A ruby heart surrounded by diamonds. Well it broke not long ago. So, I was able to take it the jewelry store for repair. I should have it back by the end of the week. We didn't stop anywhere except to get gas. The lineups were long.

It has been raining on and off all night, to my delight, as I am sure to the Fire Dept. Forest fires have been plenty as of late. We need rain, it has been so terribly dry. A NO FIRE ban is in place, absolutely NO fire of any kind allowed.

Today is a work day and I will leave here at 6:30. Not sure what kind of loads there will be this morning as there should have been a truck deliver parcels yesterday plus today's load.

I am waiting on 2 parcels which should arrive by tomorrow. We shall see. One is my new pair of crocs. I am so looking forward to having those. I need them for work.

And so that is it in a nutshell. Have a wonderful Memorial Day my American friends. Be safe and stay healthy.

Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Good Morning Monique and those who follow,

Mercy, you were up early. I wasn't too far behind. Gabby's all shampooed and mostly dry. My quilt is in the washer, blanket and sheets are next to go in. Then my tub will get a good scrub once I've had a little 'go juice' as Daddy would call his coffee. I'm just waiting for it to finish.

Mike goes in today. He had a shift change as his boss forgot it was Memorial Day and they don't open until 10.

I was too pooped to pop last night. It was the first time I'd had all three kids for a long period of time, in what seems like forever. Jim's air was broken and the repair person was to be there between 1- 5. So the kids came to my house for lunch and the afternoon. The repair was minor... a fuse. So the guy just charged him for the service call and nothing else. I think Mike should go renew his HVAC certificate! Of course, his HVAC was on cars. Howard said there wasn't any difference, I have no idea.

No work in the sewing room for me yesterday. I have 20 blocks ready to lay out and sew together. I ordered minky for the backings yesterday from Joann's. It's going to be shipped to the house. I guess I'll just keep plowing through my stash of Christmas fabrics until it gets here.

I don't have any special plans today. Jim and Morgan are getting more serious about selling their house and her being a traveling nurse. I wonder how long it will take before Jim goes stir crazy in a camper home schooling 3 kids. It's a great opportunity for the kids to see parts of the country they'd never get to see other wise. I guess a lot will depend on their meeting with the realtor on Wednesday.

Have a wonderful Memorial Day.
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Happy Memorial Day! Sadly, due to C-19, there won't be any special services at the local cemetery today or at the Ft. Logan military cemetery in Denver. But it's a day of remembrance.

Yest. afternoon I did the veg. prep. for making chicken soup this a.m. It takes 90 min. or so. That freed up my eve. so I could watch David Jeremiah.

Our weather yest. a.m. was a mix of sun, clouds, sprinkles. In the afternoon it rained steadily most of the afternoon. A good soaking rain. High temp. was only 60, & later it dropped into the 50's. Our furnace kicked on in the eve. as the house cooled down. It's running this a.m. It's only 44 deg. Another day only in the 60's is expected. We'll enjoy it while we can. There are 80's & 90's in the forecast for next week end.

Well, I have a busy morning ahead with the laundry & making chicken soup. Have a good holiday.

Comment

Good morning all. It's a cloudy start here but they say the sun will make an appearance later. I hope so. I'd like to spend some time outside today. Yesterday was just a bit too cool and breezy for my liking so I spent most of the day doing inside stuff.

I've got a couple of kids masks to make and I will make a few more adult size ones while I'm at it to put in the "ready to go" bin. Then, if it's nice out, I'll head outside to do a few things out there.

Have an enjoyable Memorial Day. Stay well.
        Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Good morning. Our weather is similar to Ginny’s weather today. My DH was up early to get the brisket into the smoker. I asked if he bought any sides while he was at the store yesterday— no. I will send him back with a list of potential sides. We may just be eating meat and potato chips.
          I took a break from sewing yesterday. I have 8 more cuffs that need zippers,elastic and button holes.

have a good day
          Beth

Comment

• Cokie
            Cokie commented
            Editing a comment
            My husband thinks potato chips are a good side to anything! Ummm, no, I don't think so... lol

Good morning,

Rain and more rain coming in today. I'll cut a few more masks to sew and try to replace a zipper in my favorite shorts. Of course, there is more laundry to do but that can wait a day or two.

Hope your day is a good one!

Comment

Exciting day today, painters are here working on our living room ceiling which is quite tall. That is a wonderful feature until it needs painting.😮 They are washing the outside in preparations for painting the trim, there is not too much since it is a brick house but they are pressure washing the drive and sidewalk, too.
            I am having a colonoscopy tomorrow so I have lots of fun to look forward to this evening.🤐😣😣
            While the painters are here the pug is at the vet's for a bath and pedicure, I miss that little girlie. I think/hope they will be done by tomorrow afternoon so we can bring her home. The cat has been looking for her.
            Today I will hide in my sewing room and perhaps finish the fmq on the sewquester quilt and or work on the M* Pop Star I have cut out. I do have a few other projects if I get those finished.😂

Comment

• MSN
              MSN commented
              Editing a comment
              Claire, I hope the colonoscopy (and the prep) go well. I know you have been having some issues, and I'm glad you are getting checked out.

Good morning!

It is sunny and warm today -- we're expecting highs in the upper 80's. I broke down and turned on the air last night. I was happy to discover the air purifier I bought last year did the trick and the air did not smell musty at all. That had been an ongoing problem ever since I bought the house. I wish I had known about the solution years ago. I had no idea it was such an easy fix.

I might spend some time in the sewing room this afternoon. I am trying to unplug a bit this weekend -- working remotely, it feels like I am always on my computer or another electronic device. I need to accomplish something that doesn't involve staring at a screen.

Have a wonderful day!

Comment

I ended up cleaning the patio furniture yesterday and will finish that today. It got too hot to do all of it. I just have to hose off the cushions. It's amazing how easy it was yesterday to clean all those vinyl straps that hold the cushions. For years I used Brillo to scrub off all the dirt that sticks to the vinyl-- the way the vinyl deteriorates and gets sticky-- dirt and cat hair turned the vinyl from white to black! Anyway, I found some Goo Gone patio furniture cleaner at Home Depot. Wish I had found the stuff years ago. Spray it on, wipe with a damp cloth. The dirt just wiped right off. We're going to Sam's Club today to get an umbrella for the table. We have a call in to the awning guy to put the awning back up over part of the deck. I love sitting outside and can't wait till it's all done. Steaks and potatoes on the grill today with watermelon as the side. It's officially summertime!
              ~ Carol from PA

Comment

Good morning all. I am pooped. I've been up since about 4:30. Good thing DGD slept over last night. Her dad thought he had a holiday today and learned this morning that he needed to go to work. So, I got a text at 6:30 asking if I can keep her all day. We went to the park and walked for about an hour, she in and out of the stroller. Followed that up with breakfast with a friend, then a trip to Joanns. I managed to use a 60% off coupon on a gallon of Best Press. The Heat and Bond that I went there for was already 60% off. Double score! Now I just need to convince this little one to take a nap with me. We'll see. At least she is being quiet. The rest of my day should be low key.

Comment

Good afternoon!! I made it early but not morning...lol.. Progress!

it is gorgeous here today so I watered outside and swept off porch...then I put on ribs to marinate for BBQ tonight....then cleaned living room and toilets....lol... I am heading to our workshop to paint my garden table my hubbie built for me. It's getting harder to kneel and bend down for long periods of time when potting so he made an awesome table with storage shelves etc. so I can stand upright. I'll be able to move it into my future greenhouse

Still quilting but also kitted up my next project. This garden quilt left so much extra yardage that I Decided to make another quilt and a table topper before I put fabrics in stash. I bought a bistro table and chairs for sunroom and should be delivered next week. The sunroom is coming together beautifully. Feels good to be getting things done that the virus waylaid...

Habe be a beautiful Memorial Day! Bless the fallen...
                  "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Good afternoon! Busy day so far, groceries and then started with some cleaning and hubby and I decided to get a Crosswave cleaner for òur hardwood and vinyl floors. My daughter just got ne and she loves it.

We we were able to spend the afternoon and part of the evening with my daughter and her family. Even the wayward Christopher came, albeit late as usual. Not one of his strong suits. The other three are growing fast, the 15 year old was just getting home from a 4-hour shift at her job. She works for her other grandmother who owns a Taco Johns. All of her kids and now my daughter's two oldest have worked there. Chris just left after 7 years as he felt he needed a little more accountability, he was habitually late and they did not really say or do anything about it. I think the youngest, Carson, has grown 4 or 5 inches since I saw him last. All 4 of these kids are very small. Poor Chris, he is only 5'3". The younger 3 may be a little bigger. Carson is almost 10 and he wears size 7/8 shorts and they practically fall off him. He was shirtless yesterday and the shorts were riding so low he was showing a bit of butt crack. No hips to keep those shorts up.

My my daughter lived the blankets. Not sure when she will give them out. I forgot to ask her to take a video when she passes them out, if she can.

Well i'm off to try out my new crosswave on my floors and then work on some more hand quilting.

Have an awesome Memorial Day!
                    Carlie

Comment

Good evening,
                      we had a really cold day, only 55,4°F (13°C), wind and just a little rain. On Saturday and yesterday I was busy online, watching and following the German Patchwork Days. I was amazed how many more information I got this way, much more than I would have got while looking at the exhibitions and running through the shopping mail. That's all nice, too, but this way I was told so many insider information you wouldn't believe. There were some small lesson, too, but the last one was exciting, Ricky Tims joined in live. He was so funny and made all of us laugh because of his jokes, he showed us one way of the technology he came up with and while he was off the camera for ironing he started singing an old German song "Sah ein Knab ein Röslein stehn......". Then he told us all about the book he wrote with a friend about an old quilt and a girl called Lizzy Albright, the books must be on display in about six weeks or so.
                      So, it's pretty late over here and I will stop for now, wishing you a good night and sweet dreams, stay safe.

Comment

• Teen
                        Teen commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Sleep well! Your video watching sounds fun! Ricky Timms is a hoot!
                    Working...
                    X