Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday Morning and it's cloudy

Good Sunday Morning,

It's kind of nice outside this morning, cloudy but not heavy. Hopefully not rainy as we'll be under the trees again.

Jim and the bunch will be here at 9 to pick me up. I'm almost ready, if I could go in my pajamas... lol.

Yesterday I finished the first 20 square Ugly Quilt, and I have the second's blocks ready to lay out. If these weren't for taller guys, I'd stick with the 12 squares. Anyway, Mike and I stopped at JoAnn's yesterday to look at Minky/ Cuddle/ anti pill fleece. Nothing really Christmasy hit my fancy, but it gave me some ideas. Now to figure out how much I'll need.... A LOT! I worked on my afghan, it's ready to cast off. Maybe a couple of more rows.

Jim and Morgan's air conditioner went out yesterday. That's another tick for moving in his eyes. I'm not so sure. She has such good benefits, I can't see being a mobile nurse would really fit her needs...especially with no insurance, and her migraine meds. That's a decision, I'm going to stay out of. I've just put my foot down and I'm not going to be a part of it.

Have a great day, I guess I need to finish getting ready before Jim gets here! I know he won't take me if I'm still in my pjs! lol, but it would be cooler!
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Katrina ~ Still no church allowed here, at least in our county. I think another co. has relaxed the restrictions. So it will be the YT church once again. I watched some gospel music on YT last eve. that was inspirational. Southern gospel music perks me up & nourishes my soul. I also continue to follow Mat & Savanna Shaw, the father-dau. singing duo from Utah. They keep posting wonderful music & have become quite a sensation.

I'm glad I went to urgent care yest. & got the sliver removed. It's not as sore this morning. I'll keep soaking it.

We're having a change in the weather. The rest of the holiday week end is supposed to be much cooler. An 80% chance of rain here this afternoon, rain in numerous places, & 3-5" of snow expected >9,500 ft. Those who went camping in the mts. may be pretty chilly. All swimming places are closed.

If I get the veg. prep. done in time, maybe I can get some sewing done.

Comment

• Chantal
      Chantal commented
      Editing a comment
      JCY, Thanks for the heads up on the singing duo Mat and Savanna Shaw! So beautiful. My husband and I were fortunate to see the Gaithers here in Sweden a few years ago.

• JCY
      JCY commented
      Editing a comment
      Chantal ~ I watch the Gaither Homecoming videos every Sat. afternoon. I saw the trio years ago when it was just Bill, Gloria, & Danny -- long before it became the larger groups of the quartet & all the other groups, etc.

Mat & Savanna are supposed to be doing a live chat on YT on Wed. the 27th at 3 p.m. Not sure if that is Utah time zone or not. People can call or text questions.

• Chantal
      Chantal commented
      Editing a comment
      JCY, Thanks for the additional info. The Gaither Band is popular here in Sweden. Funny but I had never heard of them in the States. We listened to Mat and Savanna last night on YouTube. Wow!!

Good morning!

We have sun to start the day. Temps will be in the mid-80's, muggy, with a chance of rain this afternoon. We can expect more of the same for most of the week.

County and local fairs are a big thing where I live. Several have been canceled this year due to Covid-19. Since the best part of a fair is the food, a couple of the local fairgrounds are having "fair food drive through" events this weekend. They are cash only, and you have to stay in your car. I'm going to call my sister later and see if she would like to go to one, maybe tomorrow. It would be nice to get out of our houses for a few hours...and have some funnel cake.

I want to bake some banana bars this morning. I have a couple of overripe bananas I don't want to throw out. I think I have had that recipe for twenty years. It's from Taste of Home magazine, maybe in the late 1990's.

Have a wonderful day!

Comment

It is lovely. well cloudy. i have a very young skinny mamma cat and her three kittens in my back yard. hungry little things. scared too. I have two 14 yr old house cats so these are not coming inside. My son has taken to them. He's been working on his ex-in laws fence most of this week. 90+ heat makes that difficult. wish he'd work on mine! I am making a nine patch scrappy quilt for my bed. in sections. wish me luck. I am about to start quilting it. simple lines mostly.
      did you know you can't buy a gift card with a credit card? i have an older granddtr's birthday coming up. must send son back to store with my bank card!

Comment

• toggpine
        toggpine commented
        Editing a comment
        I think you can send an Amazon one electronically.

• LauraP
        LauraP commented
        Editing a comment
        AND WALMART I THINK

• KarenC
        KarenC commented
        Editing a comment
        Target does egift cards also.

It's such a beautiful day today! BF wants to spray the weeds around and under the deck, power wash the deck, and clean the furniture. He said he'll let me know when it's time to arrange the furniture so I can decide where I want it. I think he really wants me to help with all the other things! I told him I'm not doing anything until I have my grandson's book done. I'm not complaining at all here because it never bothered me, but I did all the painting- 5 rooms- removed wallpaper from 2 rooms, coordinated the kitchen remodel and the changing of the smallest bedroom into a walk-in closet, plus lots of other things in our "new" house. So I'm going to let him do the deck! Like I said, not complaining, I just want to work on the book! I have to finish the page for the shape Cone, then do the left hand page for each shape- I think there are 12 shapes, do the covers and the label. So most of the book is done when you go by how much time it takes.
      I ordered the pattern for "Valley Blossoms" pattern from Judy Niemeyer's Quiltworx. I want to make it for the master bedroom. A few places sell it as a kit, which would have been fine, except I need to make it bigger to fit down over the sides of the mattress. I also bought the embroidery patterns for the appliques. Hopefully by the time I'm ready to start making it I can get to a quilt shop to select the fabrics in person. I haven't ever done a Judy Niemeyer quilt but she has some classes for it on You Tube. They will help a lot, I'm sure.
      Off to the sewing room! Have a happy day, everyone!
      ~ Carol from PA

Comment

Good morning. It is cloudy and cooler here. We had some rain yesterday. I finished making all the button holes yesterday. I have only 3 more cuffs to make . Then myDH can take them back to the hospital. I hope they can be used. So more time in he sewing room today.

have a good day

Comment

Good Morning, Rained shortly after I got up and it is supposed to be raining off and on today. Darn, I was hoping for good weather for our visit to our daughter's. Hubby and I watched church service on facebook as we have the last month or so. Like you, JCY, our churches are not "open" yet either. I completed the blankets for my daughter's daycare. Turned out pretty good. I've not worked with minky before. It was a learned experience.

Julie, They just cancelled our state fair. It is, I think, the biggest one in the country. I would think that the county fairs will probably have been cancelled too. My daughter lives in a county that has a very large free fair and she usually goes at least 2 or 3 times. That banana bar recipe is probably the one I have as well, Taste of Home from the 90's.

We'll be heading out some time after lunch so I need to get busy to get some things done this morning and round up all the things I'm taking with me. I am really looking forward to this.

Have a great day everyone!
          Carlie

Comment

• JulieC
            JulieC commented
            Editing a comment
            Our state fair was canceled, too. A couple of the county fairs are later (August), and haven't been canceled yet.

• Teen
            Teen commented
            Editing a comment
            They cancelled our annual Cherry Festival here. However, the Farmers Market opens in a couple of weeks, which is mostly visited by locals unlike the Cherry Festival so it makes sense to avoid travelers venturing into our farming community. Still...I'm miss seeing all the lovely quilts and...eating the goodies. Lol

It's a beautiful day here! 70's and sunny, and a great breeze coming in. I woke up this morning and my first thought was, "It feels like summer." I slept in this morning and it was so needed. Not sure what I'll be getting into today. I'm slowly moving my sewing "stuff" from the dining room upstairs to my son's former bedroom, which I plan to make into a guest room. There is a dresser in there that is not being used, as well as an extra closet. The plan is to do my sewing up there. I have a folding 6' table that I can set up when I sew, and if we need to use the room the table can go under the bed. My son has promised he'll come over this week and get his things out of the room. He moved into his own apartment 3 years ago so it's time. If not, I guess the stuff will go to the basement! That's the plan, anyway, so I'll probably work on that today until it gets too warm upstairs (no a/c). Otherwise, I plan to relax and enjoy this day. Hope you all have a good day!

Comment

• KarenC
            KarenC commented
            Editing a comment
            The first time my son moved out he left all sorts of things. My sister cam over one day, called him and told him that she was cleaning out his room so it he wanted anything he best come get it now before she got rid of it. He came over and within 30 minutes all of his stuff was disposed of! 90% was deemed trash or donate.

Good Sunday to you all. we had more rain last night but no more hail, no watering plants needed today.😉

I have the washer running and the dryer will be soon as well.

Shortly I will write down how I go about paying all our bills to help DH in the event I am incapacitated. The friend I mentioned yesterday all of a sudden isn't able to do that and her family is at a loss. DH would be, too, even with help from DS.

I hope to get back into the quilting room after that.

Another friend mentioned today that she was starching her fabric in advance of cutting out a quilt and another friend reminded her not to starch the binding fabric🤔. I never thought about how it might make doing the binding more difficult. Starch sure does help cut down on raveling and makes finger and regular pressing so very easy.

Comment

• JCY
            JCY commented
            Editing a comment
            Claire ~ This is why everyone should be putting together a Living Will, Medical Power of Attorney, etc. to make sure their loved ones know their wishes in the event of a life changing event. A living trust and/or will for personal property also is a much. As I've mentioned before on this Forum, people think they have a long life in which to plan these things. But as a nurse, I've seen too many people in their younger years who should have planned ahead. Parents with minor children need to have designated guardians named. We just never know what could happen. Look at how many lives have been impacted by this pandemic & all the deaths, etc. It pays to plan ahead!

• Claire Hallman
            Claire Hallman commented
            Editing a comment
            We have done those important things but sometimes the simple things like how to pay the power bill online gets ignored and needs instructions.

• KPH
            KPH commented
            Editing a comment
            Claire, my grandmother never wrote a check until after my grandfather died. She had no idea what to do. I remember Mom being so frustrated that she was in the dark about so much.

We had a good day handing out food boxes at the school yesterday. We have had some awesome donations and have had cheese sticks and cartons of ricotta cheese to hand out.
          A couple of community members have been making trips to Eastern WA to pick up produce that can't/isn't being sold through normal channels. They take pre-orders and when they hit a full load, make a trip over to pick up. So far they have brought onions, potatoes, and now asparagus to our community. They are only charging the cost of the produce and a minimal amount to cover gas. It's been nice to be able to hand out fresh produce to our school families.

Hubby is using his PPP this week and has decided that the buck pasture fence is the #1 ToDo project. He and son pulled the old fence and put all of the poles in concrete yesterday. Today is shifting the cattle panels day, followed by install the non-climb fence roll. While they are doing that, I will attempt to mow the farm and weed whack all the fence lines before the rain rolls in tonight. I'm guessing neither one of us will be able to walk easily by tomorrow morning!

I'd really love nothing more than to be in the sewing room all day, but that is not to be.

You all have a great day!
          Be who you are and say what you feel
          because those who mind don't matter,
          and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by KPH View Post
            Good Sunday Morning,

It's kind of nice outside this morning, cloudy but not heavy. Hopefully not rainy as we'll be under the trees again.

Jim and the bunch will be here at 9 to pick me up. I'm almost ready, if I could go in my pajamas... lol.

Yesterday I finished the first 20 square Ugly Quilt, and I have the second's blocks ready to lay out. If these weren't for taller guys, I'd stick with the 12 squares. Anyway, Mike and I stopped at JoAnn's yesterday to look at Minky/ Cuddle/ anti pill fleece. Nothing really Christmasy hit my fancy, but it gave me some ideas. Now to figure out how much I'll need.... A LOT! I worked on my afghan, it's ready to cast off. Maybe a couple of more rows.

Jim and Morgan's air conditioner went out yesterday. That's another tick for moving in his eyes. I'm not so sure. She has such good benefits, I can't see being a mobile nurse would really fit her needs...especially with no insurance, and her migraine meds. That's a decision, I'm going to stay out of. I've just put my foot down and I'm not going to be a part of it.

Have a great day, I guess I need to finish getting ready before Jim gets here! I know he won't take me if I'm still in my pjs! lol, but it would be cooler!
            Is your joanns open? Ours is still curbside pickup and out of stock on tons of stuff. Just curious?

Comment

• CarlieBlilie
              CarlieBlilie commented
              Editing a comment
              Last I knew our JoAnn's is curbside only, too. Will be checking as I picked up an order this past week for some valances and I'm waiting for them to get some offwhite lining fabric. They were out and the white lining just didn't look right.

• JulieC
              JulieC commented
              Editing a comment
              Our Joann's is open. My sister went and was shocked to see so many empty shelves.

• KPH
              KPH commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, ma'am, Joann's here is open. I don't think they ever really closed. I just ordered anti-pill fleece for the backing. It will be shipped here to the house.

Good evening.... I really suck at this! Lol... Oh well... I typically don't go on-line until the evenings but I Will make an effort to come say hello in the mornings. Looks like everyone had a full agenda today...

I am planting in my planter boxes of our new home and I'm currently engaged in the Great Bunny Battle. Those little critters keep nibbling on what I plant. I bought some spray that worked for a few days then Rita the Rabbit was back at it again. She's messing with my knock-out roses so, today, I chicken wired around them. I think she's retaliating because we installed material to block off access under our porch. I planted some geraniums today and sprinkled red chili pepper spices around. She'll get a spicy surprise if she sniffs around them tonight. I'm determined to win this war.

I made some more face masks for nursing friends who have requested them as well as some for the retail checkers at my local farm store. Then I Quilted some more...completed one border..the other 3 will be easier and done quickly so this baby may be done in a couple of days.

Have a beautiful evening!

"You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Claire Hallman
              Claire Hallman commented
              Editing a comment
              Moth balls might help
          Working...
          X